Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson obtained from Montreal for ‘21 5th

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
We get it. You have a twitter account. :rolleyes:

C5A6C112-58E5-41FF-BD9A-8A90AD1AE1DC.jpeg

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
Next man up will be a thing if we get to play into the playoffs....He's gonna help somewhere at sometime.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Thompson is a solid 4C. Some people just can't handle role players.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think Thompson will prove an effective 4th line center for the Flyers through the end of the season and playoffs.

Some will never give him credit, because they don't like role players and think offensive skill, regardless of age, strength, and play away from the puck, always leads to more wins.

Since he's here and Frost isn't, there's no doubt he'll be a whipping boy. He already is after two games.

Reactions: Johnk0728

TB87

May 30, 2018
Sometimes posts mean only what was written down in said posts...not what may be implied, inferred, deduced, etc from the post in question.

It takes Thompson too long to really get going which usually leads to him being just a tad behind the play. That is a troublesome thing for any NHL skater. It is an especially troublesome thing on the PK.

Grant’s short area burst isn’t particularly explosive either. His is better than Thompson’s, but it’s still mediocre/subpar.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It ain't like Raffl is a speed/quickness demon at 31 either.

People get a little spoiled, after watching Vorobyev, Raffl and Andreoff try and play 4C, I'm happy with Thompson. I like Bunnaman, but he was playing a little scared and I understand why a HC might not trust him in a stretch run and playoffs.

The team is winning and AV is getting a good look at his two newbies.
And Farabee, as we've seen, is a short car ride away. As is Bunnaman.
I'm just happy that we have a bottom six that is half-way competent these days. Especially after losing Patrick and Lindblom, we're still fielding a better bottom six than we've seen since 2010-11.

Reactions: Johnk0728

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think the "Thompson short-area quickness" meme that a couple posters have started is a huge exaggeration by those who are trying to find fault in him.

He's a good skater.

These same people have probably advocated for Vorobyev, whose short-area quickness is in quicksand.

Reactions: lancer247

TB87

May 30, 2018
Sometimes noticing a skaters problems with his initial get off is just that...

This ain’t that deep

Reactions: Rebels57

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
I think the "Thompson short-area quickness" meme that a couple posters have started is a huge exaggeration by those who are trying to find fault in him.

He's a good skater.

These same people have probably advocated for Vorobyev, whose short-area quickness is in quicksand.
Did you see him on the PK yesterday? I don't know if it was his skating or he's just a bad PKer but his man was consistently wide open and had plenty of time to make a decision.

I'm not saying he's the reason the Rangers scored the PP goals (he was in the box for one) but just watching him, it was the most room I've seen on the PK all year.

I don't mind him as a 4C, I think we might be better suited with Grant there and Thompson in the pressbox, but he absolutely needs to be off the PK, especially the top pair with Couts.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Did you see him on the PK yesterday? I don't know if it was his skating or he's just a bad PKer but his man was consistently wide open and had plenty of time to make a decision.

I'm not saying he's the reason the Rangers scored the PP goals (he was in the box for one) but just watching him, it was the most room I've seen on the PK all year.

I don't mind him as a 4C, I think we might be better suited with Grant there and Thompson in the pressbox, but he absolutely needs to be off the PK, especially the top pair with Couts.
There’s an adjustment going from one team to the next — you have to reprogram to a new system. That can cause some hesitation because you’re thinking instead of automatically reacting. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What I've learned from AV this season is he's both patient and decisive, that is, he'll give players time to show him what they got (or don't got), but once he's seen enough he won't hesitate to make a change.

I don't think Thompson will be on the PK in two weeks if he doesn't pick it up, or Grant at 3C or . . .

Which is why the mantra for every prospect should be to be prepared for your next shot, because that call could come at any time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad