Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson obtained from Montreal for ‘21 5th

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
No. The Boruk impersonator is just an annoying fly that has nothing to say other than bitch about other posters.

As you do just that...… Only this board can bitch during a 4 game Flyers winning streak.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Only this board can bitch during a 4 game Flyers winning streak.

Not really. Strawman.

Pointing out issues even during winning streaks is not unique to this board or this team. Questioning acquisitions with marginal impact is not unique to this board or this team. Pointing out possibilities in internal system compared to those acquisitions (or as some call it "Now go back to bitching about all your kids not playing...… 24/7.") is not unique to this board or this team.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No. The Boruk impersonator is just an annoying fly that has nothing to say other than bitch about other posters.

I sont know... close your eyes for a second. Now, picture someone logging into a hockey forum and typing "Claude Giroux likes pizza so obviously Claude has a size 11 shoe.", then hitting 'Post reply'.

Now, imagine the scene cuts to same poster taking a giant slurp of the closest window, pan camera in and to the side, and they slowly get a giant, half-cocked smile on their face.

End scene.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nate Thompson led our forwards last game on the PK in a 1 game sample, but we'll see going forward. All that work to improve our PK with the million capable talented PKers we have, only to throw it away on a cooked vet who just MUST kill penalties is so HockeyGuy™. At least Grant shows PK prowess in his Ducks profile. For that reason alone, I pray Thompson gets sent to the popcorn suite asap. Besides wearing #44 and having the closing speed of the last #44.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Nate Thompson led our forwards last game on the PK in a 1 game sample, but we'll see going forward. All that work to improve our PK with the million capable talented PKers we have, only to throw it away on a cooked vet who just MUST kill penalties is so HockeyGuy™. At least Grant shows PK prowess in his Ducks profile. For that reason alone, I pray Thompson gets sent to the popcorn suite asap. Besides wearing #44 and having the closing speed of the last #44.

Yeah. Does not fit into the pressure scheme at all. I would 100% trust Farabee more if I had to choose between the two. Farabee at least has the explosiveness and edge work required to play effectively within a high pressure system.

Naters skating effectively nullifies the whole units ability to play the way they have throughout the year. It's the sort of system where everyone has to have the skating to both pressure and recover as well as be able to cover a lot of ice when another player goes to pressure.

Reactions: Striiker

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Yeah. Does not fit into the pressure scheme at all. I would 100% trust Farabee more if I had to choose between the two. Farabee at least has the explosiveness and edge work required to play effectively within a high pressure system.

Naters skating effectively nullifies the whole units ability to play the way they have throughout the year. It's the sort of system where everyone has to have the skating to both pressure and recover as well as be able to cover a lot of ice when another player goes to pressure.
Wait
Are you saying Thompson isn't a good skater?

Cause he still skates well.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Wait
Are you saying Thompson isn't a good skater?

Cause he still skates well.

I'm not saying he is a bad skater. I just don't think he has shown the short area explosiveness to play well in a high pressure PK scheme. His edge work and pivots haven't really stood out in a positive way to me yet either. Again I'm not saying either is bad, but they haven't looked like plus skills so far.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he may be a little hesitant in a new PK scheme which would make him appear slower then he is.

As a Montreal fan was he a plus skater with the Habs? Specifically his first step and acceleration and edge work and pivots?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah, I don't see it. Thompson's short area skating makes him look cooked. The couple times he's skated in stride, I didn't think he looked quite as bad with some build up speed -- then again, most guys don't. But in terms of puck races, he has looked behind the pace of play. Lot of chugging and effort for not much ice covered.

But he plays with two excellent, puck possession skaters in NAK and Raffl. It's so far proving my theory that a baked potato, with above average hockey sense for a root vegetable, could play 4C with them.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah, I don't see it. Thompson's short area skating makes him look cooked. The couple times he's skated in stride, I didn't think he looked quite as bad with some build up speed -- then again, most guys don't. But in terms of puck races, he has looked behind the pace of play. Lot of chugging and effort for not much ice covered.

But he plays with two excellent, puck possession skaters in NAK and Raffl. It's so far proving my theory that a baked potato, with above average hockey sense for a root vegetable, could play 4C with them.
NAK is the bacon, Raffl is the sour cream

Speaking of skating, I don't see any above average movement in Grant either. He appeared some magnitude of competent tonight (as did everyone) so I'd be open, but not thrilled, for him to have a run at 4C. At least he has some sort of offensive clue. Had a scoring chance tonight.

The only time Nater Thomps was around the net he botched a centering pass to a wide open Flyer in the high slot and it went back to Hart

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I miss the 44

KimmoTeaser.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Tater Thomps should be healthy scratched if we get Patrick back. He may have looked effective to Montreal fans but that's because their team sucks. He is sticking out like a sore thumb so far among the rest of the Flyers.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad