Proposal: Nate McKinnon for Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
This site is just full of people that will twist anything to fit their opinion. You made sure to point out that MacK had 97 points IN A FULL SEASON followed by Matthews only had 63. What you failed to mention is that 63 points was in 62 GAMES (83.3 pace over 82). Now yes, MacK out scored Matthews...but why mention "full season"? You wanted to make it look like he outscored Matthews by 34 in a full season?

Mack only played 74 games. He scored at 1.31 PPG over those 74 games, good for a 107 point pace. If you want to use pace, we're still looking at a 24 point difference.

Reactions: eviohh26

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
He grew as a player and those seasons don't define him entirely?

I'm dealing with the now. MacKinnon evolved as a player and that's where I'm placing his value. Matthews hasn't attained that level yet.

Mac had 52 pts in 72 games when he was 20.. wanna rethink your comments?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It just happens to not be a big deal, especially to us Avs fans who have actual knowledge of MacKinnon as a player and his development. Leafs fans hope that Matthews will attain the level of play that MacKinnon reached last season, and if it takes him 3 more seasons I'm sure you guys will find some way to flip the argument around (at least in your minds).
lmfaooo. I wonder why

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Oh yeah, and how many games did MacKinnon play? That's right, only 11 more.

I said full season because the season happened and teams played 82 games. Neither of them played in all of them. All I did was state facts, it was you who had a problem with them.

Matthews scored at a 84 (I'll round up to be generous) point pace over 82. MacKinnon scored at a 107 points pace(I rounded down) over 82. What the **** do you think your point is proving exactly?!
That people only use facts that support what they want. This whole thread is everyone telling Leafs fans how much better MacK is than Matthews because of 1 season...the last one, his 5th one. Nobody wants to talk about last season, you know, the one where they both played 82 games with Mak scoring 53 points while Matthews had 69. Or how until this season, Mak's career high in points was 63....the number matched by Matthews in 62 games last season and beaten by Matthews in his rookie season.

How about we see if Mak repeats lasr season, or if he pulls the old Jordon Tootoo.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
That people only use facts that support what they want. This whole thread is everyone telling Leafs fans how much better MacK is than Matthews because of 1 season...the last one, his 5th one. Nobody wants to talk about last season, you know, the one where they both played 82 games with Mak scoring 53 points while Matthews had 69. Or how until this season, Mak's career high in points was 63....the number matched by Matthews in 62 games last season and beaten by Matthews in his rookie season.

How about we see if Mak repeats lasr season, or if he pulls the old Jordon Tootoo.
I think you mean Jonathan Cheechoo and holy shit didn't you just get upset with me trying to twist the facts to support an opinion? Take a look at what you just wrote

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Mack only played 74 games. He scored at 1.31 PPG over those 74 games, good for a 107 point pace. If you want to use pace, we're still looking at a 24 point difference.
Excellent, and last season Matthews outscored Mak by 16 in his rookie season.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think you mean Jonathan Cheechoo and holy **** didn't you just get upset with me trying to twist the facts to support an opinion? Take a look at what you just wrote
Correct, i did. And i am not twisting anything, i said way early on AVs wouldn't do it...but people in here are making this like it's a boy against a man.

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm done with this pissing match. It's clear that we are not going to convince one another so I'm just gonna get my ass out of here and go enjoy the rest of my day. Agree to disagree
Unfortunately, this thread was created to bring these responses....i shouldn't have fallen into the trap, apologies. Not sure why the Mods didn't lock this one....the intent was clear.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

Nate Mac's best yr ever, shooting % wise, still wasnt better than Matthews rookie yr.

g4sOqoD.png

v

t5Vf7r5.png

so Matts has a better PPG pace, better Goal pace, better FO win %, better Shooting percentage, younger, and bigger, but ya.. Nates better guys, what are Leaf fans thinking???

Also a 41% FO from a "center". lmfao.

teleman

Dec 26, 2006
This type of trade sucks. Obviously Toronto adds here, but what would it take for both teams to agree? Leafs would only add something small, but Avs would want some sort of cap savings.

Maybe if Matthews resigns with Leafs to whatever contract they give him, and they retain to drop his AAV down to Mack’s cap, plus say a depth forward for Mack could be doable.
There is no reason for either team to do this trade if the Leafs retain since they then lose the benefit of McKinnon's lower cap hit.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
using stats and facts. my bad. I'll just make up **** so i sound like the rest of you
Cherrypicking facts and framing things in ways to represent the conclusion you already reached, you mean

FYI, acknowledging as much doesn't speak on the validity of the conclusion you want to be true

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Cherrypicking facts and framing things in ways to represent the conclusion you already reached, you mean

FYI, acknowledging as much doesn't speak on the validity of the conclusion you want to be true

How am I cherry picking stats? What stats would you like to use to compare?

I used their age, height, ppg pace, goal pace, fo% wins, shooting %. what exactly else can I use? Nate mac had a great 5th yr. Matthews has been in the league 2 seasons and is better than Nate in both yrs (compared age to age).

Obviously cause you like to sound smarter than you are, you understand projections, and progression. Matts will get better because hes projected to be and will grow into his frame, dev more etc.

so stats Matts > Mac, and projections as well, so... ya... cherry picking,

Here, cherry pick this L

Reactions: glucker

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
How am I cherry picking stats? What stats would you like to use to compare?

I used their age, height, ppg pace, goal pace, fo% wins, shooting %. what exactly else can I use? Nate mac had a great 5th yr. Matthews has been in the league 2 seasons and is better than Nate in both yrs (compared age to age).
Love when they answer their own question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad