Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ Washington | 12/29/21 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am in Nashville tonight and had to watch the Nashville broadcast. Man. Yes, the Preds want a scrum after every whistle. They want to stir the pot. Yet, the Capitals are a dirty team. The Granlund dive was a good penalty. The crosscheck on Kuzy was a cheap call. It was really hard to watch.

That said, Hal Gill is on their crew and they showed Ovechkin hitting him and the puck in the net when Gill plaued in Montreal.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Gallery of quality chances? Did we watch the same game? They had 6 PPs and maybe good chances on 2 of them.

Keep moving that flagpole.

I asked a question. I was just asking a basic question. Tonight? I saw 3 or 4 goals that should have gone in. The saves were all highlights on teh game i saw. The Caps had 13 pp shots in this game. Were they all cans of corn?

Edit: so the answer to my question is yes. They still suck. Moving on.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
ok....if the power play is a shooting gallery of quality chances, does it still suck if it doesnt score?

I don’t think I would call that a shooting gallery. Maybe 3-4 quality chances. With one being the should have goal from kuz which was sort of a broken play. The PP was given the perimeter by the preds and the generated most of their shots from the perimeter. Fortunately they have some good shooters that can score from there. But you can’t count on that. It was too predictable. Goalie was set on all the shot and they just didn’t feel dangerous.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don’t think I would call that a shooting gallery. Maybe 3-4 quality chances. With one being the should have goal from kuz which was sort of a broken play. The PP was given the perimeter by the preds and the generated most of their shots from the perimeter. Fortunately they have some good shooters that can score from there. But you can’t count on that. It was too predictable. Goalie was set on all the shot and they just didn’t feel dangerous.

I wouldnt call it a shooting gallery either. I would say it looked good. My question wasnt directly related to the game. Let me rephrase. Does the pp suck no matter what if they dont score?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I asked a question. I was just asking a basic question. Tonight? I saw 3 or 4 goals that should have gone in. The saves were all highlights on teh game i saw. The Caps had 13 pp shots in this game. Were they all cans of corn?

They had 6 PPs. 13 is just a little over 2 shots per PP. Is that supposed to be great?

Your premise is wrong. They did not have a "gallery of quality chances". You phrased it in that manner and set up your premise that way because you want to say you were right that this PP was magically going to get better when everyone returns.

Reactions: Hivemind

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They had 6 PPs. 13 is just a little over 2 shots per PP. Is that supposed to be great?

Your premise is wrong. They did not have a "gallery of quality chances". You phrased it in that manner and set up your premise that way because you want to say you were right that this PP was magically going to get better when everyone returns.

Ok. You win. They still sucked. I was just curious. I watched on the nashville crew and they did a good job of making Soros look like he was standing on his head. I should have paid better attention. Thanks for your feedback

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
ok....if the power play is a shooting gallery of quality chances, does it still suck if it doesnt score?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you related to Forsythe? 'Shooting gallery of quality chances?' LOL

The 2nd PP looked dangerous. So 1 good PP out of 6 and didn't score on it. I guess you'll seek a silver lining in any dark cloud.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Oh...and no. They didnt have a gallery of chances. My question was IF they had a gallery of chances and didnt score, do they suck? If Kuzy scores the one great chance, do they still suck? I am not moving posts. I am asking where the posts are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad