Nashville TV Station - Preds going to the Stanley Cup Final

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
"destroyed" eh? Maybe, but that's a bold take. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone in their right mind thought the Preds were unbeatable. You know who else is beatable? Anaheim and Edmonton.

You are right and "destroyed" was probably too harsh. They still have to play the games and anything can happen.

Sour grapes... etc. I wish good luck to you guys. I think the Blues or the Preds would have gotten worked over by the Oilers or Ducks. Oilers have too high of offense for the Preds and Blues D / trap game (regardless of how good Rinne and Allen are) and the Ducks are too balanced. They are a lot like the Blues or Preds but with much better offensive talent... Maybe not better, but more consistent. Either way, should be a good series.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
You are right and "destroyed" was probably too harsh. They still have to play the games and anything can happen.

Sour grapes... etc. I wish good luck to you guys. I think the Blues or the Preds would have gotten worked over by the Oilers or Ducks. Oilers have too high of offense for the Preds and Blues D / trap game (regardless of how good Rinne and Allen are) and the Ducks are too balanced. They are a lot like the Blues or Preds but with much better offensive talent... Maybe not better, but more consistent. Either way, should be a good series.

Pekka has owned the Oilers for a while. Neither matchup terrifies me from a Preds perspective. I'd rather play either of the two than play the Blues again.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The headline is actually "Preds head to Stanley Cup Finals." I think that they ran out of space in the headline and someone who doesn't really follow hockey thought that that was acceptable language, since the Preds are heading to one of two "Finals." It's incorrect and sloppy, but I can see how the mistake might occur, and local TV stations are notoriously bad when it comes to reporting hockey (just look at the "Recommended Stories" section at the bottom of the page), so it's certainly not anything unique to Nashville.

Would've been funny if they had the following headline truncated:

Nashville Predators are going to Finals

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
That's yellow. Gold has way more Brown.

If the colour resembles the colour of a yellow school bus, it's yellow.

Gold is what you see in the Ottawa senators logo.

Real gold is kind of between the two. Some of it can be mostly on the more yellow side, some of it can be more towards the brown side. Liquid gold is probably more yellowish.

This wiki page has a bunch of examples. I guess you're thinking more of Vegas Gold...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_(color)

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Real gold is kind of between the two. Some of it can be mostly on the more yellow side, some of it can be more towards the brown side. Liquid gold is probably more yellowish.

This wiki page has a bunch of examples. I guess you're thinking more of Vegas Gold...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_(color)
I mean, people will look at our scheme as yellow. Gold is a much better slogan or theme or whatever but, no, we aren't really gold. It's ironic that the Preds claim to be gold when A.) A team is about to join their conference with the word gold in their name and our color is nothing like theirs and B.) They play in Nashville, a city with an SEC athletic program that plays 3 miles down the street from them whose colors are black and gold. And again, nothing like the color the Preds wear.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I mean, people will look at our scheme as yellow. Gold is a much better slogan or theme or whatever but, no, we aren't really gold. It's ironic that the Preds claim to be gold when A.) A team is about to join their conference with the word gold in their name and our color is nothing like theirs and B.) They play in Nashville, a city with an SEC athletic program that plays 3 miles down the street from them whose colors are black and gold. And again, nothing like the color the Preds wear.

Again, you're only talking about one specific shade known as Vegas Gold, which is what Vandy wears and what The Golden Knights will wear.

There are several shades of gold which appear yellow.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Again, you're only talking about one specific shade known as Vegas Gold, which is what Vandy wears and what The Golden Knights will wear.

There are several shades of gold which appear yellow.
I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that if you went up to 100 random people and showed them the Preds color and asked what color it was, at least 95 would say yellow.

I would certainly imagine so anyway.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that if you went up to 100 random people and showed them the Preds color and asked what color it was, at least 95 would say yellow.

I would certainly imagine so anyway.

Definitely, I used to be in the "it's really yellow" train myself.

It gets more confusing because I believe the original logo noted it as yellow. But this is actually a different shade created specifically for the Predators rebranding.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I do expect the Oilers or Ducks to score a lot more on the Preds than the Blues were able to, and I'm sure that that's what you were getting at when you chose to say "destroyed," but the other half of the coin is that the Preds should be able to score on the Oilers or Ducks a lot more than they were able to on the Blues. It could mostly wash out. For example, instead of a lot of 2-1 games, like the Preds and Blues had, we may see a lot of 4-3 games between the Preds and Oilers/Ducks. Who will end up on top, it's hard to say. The point is simply that the great firepower and/or forward depth that the Oilers and Ducks have may end up being largely negated by the porous defense and/or goaltending that they've displayed so far.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Awful.

Really highlights the sad state of hockey coverage / interest / importance through some sectors of the United States.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
It's like the local media is trying to troll fans. The Preds don't wear yellow man. It's gold. I don't care if it looks yellow or not it's gold.

This was my first thought :laugh: I mean, it is yellow but local media should know better. If it's preds, it's gold.#

On the plus side the Jumbotron clearly stated "welcome to round 3" - oneidiot doesn't mean we're all in the same camp.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
c7389c90-ec37-11e4-b6e6-7d8e4aab8113_CDh0kbcVIAA9x_v.jpg

Wait, that's real? I thought it was a photoshop.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Nashville should not fear anyone left. Their series against the Blues was the cleanest hockey out of all the 2nd round series with the least amount of sloppy play. Nashville has the best D-core of any team left and they have forwards that can chip in goals when needed.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Preds will get destroyed by the Ducks or Oilers. Chicago had trouble scoring, Blues did too but the difference is the Blues showed the Preds were beatable and were dominate against them 5 v 5. Preds looked worse as the series went on.

So I don't see this as foreshadowing at all.

Give me a break. Nashville has the best most consistant team in the playoffs. Their defense and goaltending is the best in playoffs. You think a team like the ducks or oilers who have both had shaky goaltending and poor defense are going to destroy them.

Dream on pal

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
[MOD]

Just accidentally adding more steam to the team of destiny narrative.

edit edit: Never would of thought a website consisting of what I'm assuming are mostly white men would need to be so bubble wrapped. There's a difference between political and pop culture btw.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I just love how the local media embarrasses themselves when it comes to anything besides football. And the only reason they can keep up with talking NFL is because of the college tradition. Ridiculous.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
mistake by someone that doesn't understand the conferences. Meh. not a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad