Nashville TV Station - Preds going to the Stanley Cup Final

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
"destroyed" eh? Maybe, but that's a bold take. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone in their right mind thought the Preds were unbeatable. You know who else is beatable? Anaheim and Edmonton.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Preds will get destroyed by the Ducks or Oilers. Chicago had trouble scoring, Blues did too but the difference is the Blues showed the Preds were beatable and were dominate against them 5 v 5. Preds looked worse as the series went on.

So I don't see this as foreshadowing at all.
How long did it take sour grapes to turn into whine?????

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Preds will get destroyed by the Ducks or Oilers. Chicago had trouble scoring, Blues did too but the difference is the Blues showed the Preds were beatable and were dominate against them 5 v 5. Preds looked worse as the series went on.

The Predators are 8 - 2 so far, inlucuding a sweep vs the Blackhawks.

Biggest strength they have is playing like a team, no real weaknesses and a very balanced team. Not to forget Rinne playing like Hasek, it helps.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

I think the Preds would crush Anaheim. Edmonton? That's a whole lot of firepower to contain.

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
The headline is actually "Preds head to Stanley Cup Finals." I think that they ran out of space in the headline and someone who doesn't really follow hockey thought that that was acceptable language, since the Preds are heading to one of two "Finals." It's incorrect and sloppy, but I can see how the mistake might occur, and local TV stations are notoriously bad when it comes to reporting hockey (just look at the "Recommended Stories" section at the bottom of the page), so it's certainly not anything unique to Nashville.

That's a generous take and plausible.

However, did you know "John Stastny" scored the Blues goal? Heard it straight from Joe Dubin's (the sports guy) mouth during the game recap. THAT is truly cringe worthy :shakehead.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
meh, they're excited so no big deal. It's nice to see a Southern city get hyped for hockey.
Agreed. I'm an Oilers fan and IF they make it to the next round I won't be putting any money down :laugh:

But Nashville fans vs Edmonton fans will be the real battle. Amazing support and I'll be hitting a game in each city. Anaheim sucked

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site

Preds have gotten this far on the backend and in net. If the forwards wake up this team could easily win the cup this year.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Preds have gotten this far on the backend and in net. If the forwards wake up this team could easily win the cup this year.
While I don't like the Oilers chances vs. the Preds; I could say the same for the Oilers with McDavid, Nugent-Hopkins, and Eberle.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
That's a generous take and plausible.

However, did you know "John Stastny" scored the Blues goal? Heard it straight from Joe Dubin's (the sports guy) mouth during the game recap. THAT is truly cringe worthy :shakehead.
I heard that too and I was like come on Joe, do better man.

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN

Preds are taking what the other team is giving them. The JOFA line was among the league leaders in round 1. STL and Yeo seemed to make a conscious decision to take away the NAS fowards. So, the Preds adapted and drove their play through the D in round 2.

After the sweep of CHI this match up with STL was the one that scared me. I'm feeling really good about a SCF appearance. Gotta play, and win, the games, obviously. But I'm good with facing whoever comes out of ANA vs. EDM.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's like the local media is trying to troll fans. The Preds don't wear yellow man. It's gold. I don't care if it looks yellow or not it's gold.

That's yellow. Gold has way more Brown.

If the colour resembles the colour of a yellow school bus, it's yellow.

Gold is what you see in the Ottawa senators logo.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Daww, someone must have had a rough morning on the first tee. :laugh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
c7389c90-ec37-11e4-b6e6-7d8e4aab8113_CDh0kbcVIAA9x_v.jpg

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The best part is actually "The scene that's playing out... celebrating a huge win"

Everyone is literally just walking to their cars hahaha.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010

Well, from the Oilers point of view Nashville owned them all season. Before the playoffs I would have been much more worried about the Preds than the Ducks vs the Oilers. We will see but even if they have showed signs of slowdown I would still make them favourites for the series if it does happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad