Nashville TV Station - Preds going to the Stanley Cup Final

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It's like the local media is trying to troll fans. The Preds don't wear yellow man. It's gold. I don't care if it looks yellow or not it's gold.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
They are though. This Oiler team is a year or 2 away along with a Eberle/RNH dual kidnapping.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The headline is actually "Preds head to Stanley Cup Finals." I think that they ran out of space in the headline and someone who doesn't really follow hockey thought that that was acceptable language, since the Preds are heading to one of two "Finals." It's incorrect and sloppy, but I can see how the mistake might occur, and local TV stations are notoriously bad when it comes to reporting hockey (just look at the "Recommended Stories" section at the bottom of the page), so it's certainly not anything unique to Nashville.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Way to go WSMV. No better way to announce the world that you don't have a clue about hockey or the Preds. Go cover some more Titans.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
First, Channel 4 said so because Gary Bettman told them that the Preds will win the WC. Just kidding.

In other news, the ABC TV station in NYC says that the Islanders are playing the Kings in the SCF. Not kidding.

Wow, TV stations in NYC need to learn about hockey or the three teams have to move!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm not sure that's worse than WZTV just now (Fox 17)... they had their top 10 plays of the week on Sports Extra, #4 was Ryan Ellis helping out Rinne in the crease. #3 was James Neal with the spinning wrister. Surely Johansen's series winner would be the #1 play of the week right?

#2 and #1 were both baskets by Lebron James

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Channel 4. Bless their hearts.

The weekend TV news programs in Nashville are a dumping ground for blithering incompetents. The anchor for that channel 4 broadcast was, many years ago, the understudy host of Hard Copy. Now he stumbles and gurns his way through stories about pet adoption events and reminders to change your smoke alarm battery. The screen graphics never seem to have been reviewed for factual and typographical errors, and look to be the product if dimwitted communications students logging their unpaid internships. It's not only absolutely no surprise that they made a dog's breakfast out of that headline, but you can be fairly sure it wasn't even the fourth dumbest mistake in the entire twenty-three minute newscast.

Borvietzky74

Mar 9, 2015
A few years back, CBC accidently said Islanders vs Kings were in the 2012 SCF instead of NJ Devils vs Kings

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Nashville media makes mistake while covering local hockey team. This and other unsurprising stories tonight at 10.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Oilers say hello. :)

(kidding... maybe..)

No kidding. I think the Oilers would be favourites against the Preds if they get past the Ducks. Drai is already on fire and McDavid will rise to the occasion and get in on the fun with Draisaitl. They have a good goaltender, decent D and elite forwards.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Preds will get destroyed by the Ducks or Oilers. Chicago had trouble scoring, Blues did too but the difference is the Blues showed the Preds were beatable and were dominate against them 5 v 5. Preds looked worse as the series went on.

So I don't see this as foreshadowing at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad