Nashville Stars, proposed MLB expansion team discussion

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Beginning in 2026 (or when expansion/realignment occurs, hopefully it will be 2026), all games picked up for broadcast on a national TV partner would be chosen by the networks 6 days before the games are played, allowing games on national TV (or regionally on Fox) to feature teams in good form most of the time.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Total count of games between ET/CT and MT/PT teams in 2021 (at least scheduled)

ET/CT at MT/PT: 342
MT/PT at ET/CT: 340

That's quite a lot of start times inconvenient for the locally-based fans of the road teams

The proposed alignment and schedule format would reduce this amount drastically (by about 79%), where Western teams would play 72 road games against ET/CT teams, and 72 home games against these teams, all in a three-week span, with four PCL teams on a road trip at one given time.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Furthermore, I've proposed that the opening day national quadruple-header rotate more or less among the four cable networks: ESPN, Fox Sports 1, TBS, and Paramount Movie Network.

I've determined that Opening Day is set to fall on the Thursday between March 26 and April 1 every year from what I can gather.

TBS would not be the opening day network in years where the season starts on March 26, 27, or 28, to avoid conflicting with its NCAA tournament broadcast, so it likely can't be a perfect rotation.

The 8 teams that start their seasons in the national TV quadruple-header would have the following day off, then finish their series in unison with the other 24 teams over Saturday and Sunday.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Furthermore, I've proposed that the opening day national quadruple-header rotate more or less among the four cable networks: ESPN, Fox Sports 1, TBS, and Paramount Movie Network.

I've determined that Opening Day is set to fall on the Thursday between March 26 and April 1 every year from what I can gather.

TBS would not be the opening day network in years where the season starts on March 26, 27, or 28, to avoid conflicting with its NCAA tournament broadcast, so it likely can't be a perfect rotation.

The 8 teams that start their seasons in the national TV quadruple-header would have the following day off, then finish their series in unison with the other 24 teams over Saturday and Sunday.
you haven't proved that Paramount Movie Network exists, Z, IT'S a VIACOMCBS Network, JUST as CBS Sports Network is, and simply known as Paramount Network, (originally, TNN/Spike) the only change is Paramount adds a streaming services just like Peacock/Netflix/ESPN+ are, that's all.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
You're missing the point but whatever.

I mean it would be nice if interleague play didn't have to be stretched year-round.

EDIT: And baseball teams feel the most brunt of traveling across multiple time zones because they have far fewer off days compared to teams in the other big 4 leagues.

This is an argument in favor of radical realignment, however, I'm opposed a complete geographical split, so the history-based alignment for the 24 teams (upon expansion) east of the Rockies is a compromise, as it both preserves the identities of the AL and NL and reduces the amount of travel for their teams, while resetting their city lineups to the 1957 season (with one exception).

UPDATE: My PCL intraleague schedule format has been adjusted to 20 games against 6 opponents, and 24 against the 7th. The teams that play 24 games against each other rotate over a 7-year period.

Last edited:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Alright, I could see the rivalry between the Blue Jays and the revived Expos being defined by this:

The Blue Jays being the most popular MLB team among English Canadians, and the Expos among French Canadians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad