Nashville Predators Ticket Thread

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Haven't been in a while so watching a seat for a Thursday game. It was $79 last week, yesterday it was $114, today $79 again plus $19.64 in fees/taxes. 60/40 I'll go for it. Tough to pull the trigger anymore.

upload_2019-9-3_18-24-39.png

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
No more screenshots, and no more mobile wallet (unless you're on iOS). So for anyone on Android, you have to access your tickets through the NHL app so you will be completely reliant on your mobile Internet connection. How do we feel about this?

I'm pretty annoyed, honestly. A quick screenshot was an easy way to send a friend a ticket if we were meeting at the game instead of going in together. Especially if they didn't have a Ticketmaster account. And there have been at least 1-2 times where I've had to wait in crazy long "Will Call" lines to get tickets printed because the NHL servers or network or whatever was down and tickets couldn't be accessed. And at least once where that happened but I had downloaded (or screenshot) my barcodes before leaving the house so I could still get in without waiting in line.

I don't feel like this is fan friendly. I feel like it's Ticketmaster friendly.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We are annoyed.

Not everyone wants their name associated with a Ticketmaster account and its resulting spam mail so screen shots were great. I have a Samsung phone. If my android wallet worked in the past, why can't they have it work the same way now? For same reasons as @MrJoshua I think this is not STH friendly at all. I did find out from my rep that you can still send the link to tickets to others via text. It just said email on the notification Preds sent out.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How are they enforcing the no screenshot rule?

Not sure but they're referencing a tech called "SafeTix". Apparently it rotates the barcode but I'm not clear on if it changes each time it moves from device to device or app to app or if it also changes with time. The latter makes the most sense.

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
Not sure but they're referencing a tech called "SafeTix". Apparently it rotates the barcode but I'm not clear on if it changes each time it moves from device to device or app to app or if it also changes with time. The latter makes the most sense.

The latter is correct, barcode updates every few seconds. Allows them to crack down on reselling outside of Ticketmaster. I imagine if a STH transfers tickets via a link to a bunch of random people over the season they will get a warning or two.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
To enhance your Nashville Predators gameday experience, we are implementing new ticketing technology designed to provide the best possible entry experience and cut down on the number of fraudulent tickets in the marketplace.

Ticketmaster recently launched SafeTix, a service that generates a new, unique ticket for every device or email address as seats change hands among fans. Ticketmaster's SafeTix technology leverages TM Presence to give all ticketholders complete control over their tickets. Using encrypted, rotating barcodes, SafeTix prevents fraud, ticket scalping and ease of sharing through screenshotting and/or photocopying barcodes.

Nashville Predators fans will no longer receive a static QR code to enter a Preds game. Instead, you'll see a rotating barcode that is linked to your MySmashvilleTix account. You will continue to access your tickets as normal through the NHL mobile app!

If you place your tickets in a mobile wallet you will not see a barcode!
Rather, the Tap and Go feature will allow you to simply hold your phone near a scanner and the tickets will be accepted using the phones "Near Field Communication" (NFC) functionality. The feature is currently available on iOS (Apple iPhone) systems only.

Should you choose to forward or transfer your tickets, screenshots of tickets will no longer be valid. Your digital ticket must be forwarded to a valid email address. A valid email address!

SafeTix features will be utilized for hockey games only starting with the first pre-season game on Sept. 16th.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
No, you could screenshot it or put it in your google wallet.
I always screenshotted my barcodes in advance because it happened to where I couldn't pull up my tickets on the app twice in the first 10 games or so. I also would send a screenshot of my 2nd ticket to whoever was meeting me for the game as we are coming from separate places 99% of the time.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I always screenshotted my barcodes in advance because it happened to where I couldn't pull up my tickets on the app twice in the first 10 games or so. I also would send a screenshot of my 2nd ticket to whoever was meeting me for the game as we are coming from separate places 99% of the time.
Yeah, it's a real bummer that we have to go through the process of a full transfer for someone that might go to one game and doesn't have a TM account. And if the connectivity problems persist it's going to be bad.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I only remember one game either last season or the one prior where there was a connectivity issue. Also, it's entirely possible a screenshot might work depending on timing. Anyone have any idea how frequently the barcode shifts? Could always do a screenshot from the car as a backup in case of connectivity issues.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
So where did all this info come from? The only emails I have received from the Preds in the last month are my payment plan reminder and a notice that my (useless) points are expiring.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Email subject: Important information about your mobile tickets

You should have received it very recently or will very soon since the pre-season starts on Monday.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be in Nashville during the home opener and would love to go to a game. Checking out StubHub, looks like the "get in" price is just over $50 (higher-balcony behind goal). Center Ice balcony has some just over $80. Finally, there's a corner low bowl for $135.

Would you consider these good value prices or should I wait it out? How do these seats compare? I've been to some arenas where you feel like you're on Mt Everest in the balcony (LA and MTL) and others where it's better than the lower bowl (BOS).

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Sounds cliche but tbh there isn't a bad seat in the house. Especially if you care more about seeing the tactics of the game unfold vs trying to get as close to the glass as possible.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
Sounds cliche but tbh there isn't a bad seat in the house. Especially if you care more about seeing the tactics of the game unfold vs trying to get as close to the glass as possible.

Thanks. I go to dozens of NHL/NCAA games a year, so I'm more going to experience the atmosphere as opposed to the X's and O's. Same experience in all parts of the arena?

EDIT: Also, would love some insight on the prices (fair or not).

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Sections 316, and 318 thru 321 are closer to the ice than the 300 level on the other end, so I'd choose those. If you decide to go lower bowl, go to the highest row possible so that you're above the glass and can see the entire sheet of ice. Just my opinion though.

As a full STH holder, these StubHub resellers are charging more than double what the face value is in my section price point.

Ticketmaster is no better. The resellers there are charging triple over what I'm paying.

The game should be a blast as everyone will be excited for opening night and seeing the new video board.

Reactions: 304

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad