Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I wouldn't mind giving Groesnick a "thank you for being a good soldier" start. Cooley beat the Kraken last night, might as well get all the Milwaukee backups some big league time

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Kind of wild he never really got a look at the NHL level given how many teams always need goalie help. Always been a good AHL player and good performances the few NHL starts he's gotten.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Same reason he kept Carrier. Contracts. Trenin was always contenious and probably said he's going to test the market. Carrier is still negotiating and Fabbro was retained in case Carrier walks because he thinks he deserves more than Fabbro
That makes no sense if the goal is to go for it in the playoffs, both of the guys he brought in are UFA's so that status for Trenin shouldn't even matter in this case. In my mind that move made us not as good and help our competition get better. If we are buyers and not sellers that's just stupid.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
That makes no sense if the goal is to go for it in the playoffs, both of the guys he brought in are UFA's so that status for Trenin shouldn't even matter in this case. In my mind that move made us not as good and help our competition get better. If we are buyers and not sellers that's just stupid.
The Trenin trade had nothing to do with this year’s playoffs……
Trenin was not going to re-sign for what the Preds were willing to offer based off what was being reported. They traded him to get something for him. What they got was an upgrade on a Defensive prospect.

Reactions: hido and Softball99

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The Trenin trade had nothing to do with this year’s playoffs……
Trenin was not going to re-sign for what the Preds were willing to offer based off what was being reported. They traded him to get something for him. What they got was an upgrade on a Defensive prospect.
I thought we were buyers? Why we worried about getting a defensive prospect that probably will never see the NHL? Not to mention its pretty debatable on whether it was really an upgrade or not.

The argument was we brought in Zucker and Beaverboy for more playoff experience rather than bringing a guy up. Moving a guy with just about as much playoff experience and who has actually played well in the playoffs who has the exact same contract status kind of spits in the face of that logic. It didn't matter that he wouldn't resign especially if 1 of these 2 doesn't.

My point is to make up your mind. Where we trying to get better for the playoffs or get more picks/prospects? No doubt in my mind the team would have been better with Trenin vs Beaverboy in the playoffs. If we are trying to take a stab at the playoffs why are we worried about a 3rd rounder and a possible slight upgrade?

Last edited:

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
I thought we were buyers? Why we worried about getting a defensive prospect that probably will never see the NHL?
Part of that Youth movement of course...lol... Trotz stated publicly anyone he knew he couldn't or wouldn't sign he would try to get something for...no one wanted Barrie. He's still negotiating with the others. I bet he tries to work a deal wih Zuck and maybe we'll ge a playoff beaver for the playoff baby kangaroo we traded to Colorado lol

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
If the worst gripes about having an unexpected level of success in your innaugaral season as GM is Schenn over Fabbro/Sastney and trading Trenin for a prospect and buying Beaver, both probably gone by July (Trenin for sure) Maybe the Trotz regime isn't your cup of hockey

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I guess we're just screaming at the clouds now, but, if we take a bit of a logical look at things we could break it down like this.

Trenin swapped for Zucker
Rando D prospect for Rando D prospect
6th round pick for 3rd round pick
5th round pick for Beauvillier

This mixes and matches the different trades but objectively makes the team better while still retaining (if not slightly improving) picks and prospects.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
I guess we're just screaming at the clouds now, but, if we take a bit of a logical look at things we could break it down like this.

Trenin swapped for Zucker
Rando D prospect for Rando D prospect
6th round pick for 3rd round pick
5th round pick for Beauvillier

This mixes and matches the different trades but objectively makes the team better while still retaining (if not slightly improving) picks and prospects.
Asset management 101

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pre Deadline
3.19 GF/Game
3.06 GA/Game
30.3 SA/Game

Post deadline
3.38 GF/Game
2.75 GA/Game
30.9 SA/Game

Zucker 5G 2A in 16 games in Nashville
Beauvillier 1G 1A in 13 games in Nashville
Trenin 10G 4A in 60 games in Nashville

I like trenin for his defensive game but the overall defensive game for the team hasnt seemed to of suffered much. He is one player that gets about 12:30 mins a game of even strength toi and then another 1:30 of PK time and this is a team game. Zucker can provide the even strength toi and someone else picks up the PK time.

Sward v Hanzel really should be a wash in my books but we got a guy who is already signed to a contract and can go help Milwaukee now. Probably a win for the guys at the moment.

And we got a 3rd out of all this and upgraded our offensive pop. Seems like a win to me

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
id rather take dallas

Duchene lacks the grit to be a difference maker in playoff hockey so all they have is robertson and pavelski
Dallas has eight 20+ goal scorers .... plus Stankoven putting up 14 points in his first 22 NHL games ... Otter is hot between the pipes ... snagged Tanev at the TDL. If you think all they have is Robertson and Pavelski you're mistaken.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I know this is waaaay too early, but I’m kinda hoping that Trotz can sign Jonathan Marchessault to a two year deal in the offseason. Vegas isn’t going to be able to sign two to three players due to cap. Marchessault and Chandler seem to be the odd men out. I think having Marchessault on the line with Evangelista would be a pretty dang good second line. That would give Brunette two scoring lines that other teams would have to deal with. He has the pedigree and work ethic Trotz is looking for as well.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Actually, we do. If we can hold on to the WC1 spot, we draw Vancouver. If we drop down to WC2, we draw Dallas.

HUGE difference between those two teams.
Edmonton losing to Arizona last night helped considerably in making sure Vancouver gets the P1 spot.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Edmonton losing to Arizona last night helped considerably in making sure Vancouver gets the P1 spot.

A Vancouver win in regulation tonight puts them 5 points up on Edmonton with the Oilers having a game in hand ... all but clinching the division. An Edmonton win in regulation puts them one point back with that game in hand and puts them in control of their destiny.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Dallas has eight 20+ goal scorers .... plus Stankoven putting up 14 points in his first 22 NHL games ... Otter is hot between the pipes ... snagged Tanev at the TDL. If you think all they have is Robertson and Pavelski you're mistaken.
Stank-oven is a beast. Personally, there are no easy roads. Draisaitl has just made us his personal punching bag so much that i may require therapy after a full playoff series so id rather avoid that if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad