GDT: Nashville Predators @ Calgary Flames 8PM MT CBC (Human > Tiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I'm going to a scotch tasting party thing. Apparently it's what adults do... Hopefully I'll get to watch the game off my phone. That's what adolescents do.

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Those bottom 4 guys are significantly worse than Kulak who we gave away basically for free

Kylington's not. He's better than Kulak, and may even be better than Hanifin.

We are pretty stacked and if giving Kulak away for free helps Kulak's career continue, I'm okay with it. He's playing top pair in Montreal, logging 19:22 minutes a game, leading them in possession, taking on top lines with Weber, etc.

But he wouldn't be playing top pair here ahead of Giordano, and even if he's more polished than Hanifin, we need Hanifin's long term upside, and Kulak would have stifled the development of the kids.

It was a different case from Byron, because when we gave Byron away we literally had no one to replace Byron, and arguably still don't as Byron is a rare specimen.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Those bottom 4 guys are significantly worse than Kulak who we gave away basically for free
It was a “solid” for Kulak, who is a fringe, offensive, puck moving defenseman, who wanted to chase his NHL dreams and wasn’t going to get the chance on the Flames. He didn’t have the ability to be a point producer in the NHL and really didn’t bring anything else to the table. He passed through waivers recently before the trade and really had very little value. Sure we could’ve held onto him but we would’ve had a soured player on our hands claiming we were holding him back.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kylington's not. He's better than Kulak, and may even be better than Hanifin.

We are pretty stacked and if giving Kulak away for free helps Kulak's career continue, I'm okay with it. He's playing top pair in Montreal, logging 19:22 minutes a game, leading them in possession, taking on top lines with Weber, etc.

But he wouldn't be playing top pair here ahead of Giordano, and even if he's more polished than Hanifin, we need Hanifin's long term upside, and Kulak would have stifled the development of the kids.

It was a different case from Byron, because when we gave Byron away we literally had no one to replace Byron, and arguably still don't as Byron is a rare specimen.

Kylington is a country mile away from Hanifin. And he struggles in his own zone a lot more than Kulak did.

Kylington has been hella poor in 2/5 games. And 2/3 games he was solid in were against teams that barely showed up to play.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.​

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
With the Lightning crushing the Avalanche, a Flames regulation or OT win would move them into first in the west, and third overall in the league. This is it
kag9z1f.jpg

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
How is Backlund still in concussion protocol? Is he concussed or not?

Woooo Oliver !,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad