GDT: Nashville Predators @ Calgary Flames 8PM MT CBC (Human > Tiger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Infanatoca
Si temi more regat
Impela sentra demon terra
Terra nonive
Infanatoca
Si temi more regat
Efamima dove tore
Infata dio re
Infa lati platsire
Divano divano re divano resi
Divano resido divano resia
Divano divano re divano resido
Divano resia resia resia

Let's go boys, let's show them what we can do without Giordano and Backlund.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
We actually have a fighting chance with those injuries to Nashville. I like our odds here.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Wills seriously makes me twitch.

Also Nashville has so many top players out, we have no excuse missing 2 players. No excuses, get the W today.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Injury to Flames' shutdown centre leaves 'very, very, very, very tough hole to fill'

“It’s going to be a very, very, very, very tough hole to fill,” admitted Matthew Tkachuk, fellow Flames alternate captain and a fixture as Backlund’s left-hand man on the second line. “I don’t think one person can do all the things that Backs does on our team, no matter who you are. Backs is probably our best 200-foot player. No, he is our best 200-foot player. What he does at both ends of the ice is very important and special for us, so it’s hard for one guy to come in and fill that role.

“I know it’s an old cliché line to say, ‘You have to do it by committee.’ But replacing a guy like that, you have to.”
“I don’t think you can replace him — he’s an unbelievable player and he’s very special,” said Sam Bennett, who has been working the right wing alongside Backlund and Tkachuk. “The abilities he has and how good he is offensively and defensively, he’s like nobody else in the league, I think. But with him out, it gives other guys an opportunity to step in and show that they can take on a bigger role.

“Sometimes that can help a player, when they need to jump into a bigger role. Some people thrive in that situation.”
“He is someone that I look up to and someone I watch in practice and games and see how he plays, and someone that I model my game after a little bit,” said Jankowski of Backlund, who has contributed five tallies and a dozen assists so far this season. “He doesn’t cheat the game. He plays it the right way. He plays structured. He’s always on the ‘D’ side of the puck, and you never see him get beat too often. He’s never cheating. He’s never sniffing for goals or points on the offensive side. He’s always structured on the defensive side …

“He’s a leader. He’s a really big key for us. I think we have to take it by committee. Everyone has to step up a bit.”

Flames line according to Kristen Anderson
Forwards
Johnny Gaudreau — Sean Monahan – Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk – Mark Jankowski – Sam Bennett
Andrew Mangiapane – Derek Ryan– James Neal
TBD – Austin Czarnik – Garnet Hathaway

Defence

TJ Brodie – Travis Hamonic
Noah Hanifin – Rasmus Andersson
Dalton Prout – Oliver Kylington

Goaltenders

Mike Smith
David Rittich

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Nervous about seeing the 24/7 pairing reunited, but I'm optimistic considering we now have a coach who isn't pants on head stupid. Prout-Kylington is a nightmare though.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Glad to see Janko getting a chance at centering the 2nd line. I will worry about our 3rd D line.
Will Janko replace Backs on the 2nd PP unit? Who will replace Gio on the 1st?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If Backs is out two games or more, Jankowski and Bennett better show that they are OKG level players. Hope for the best, not accepting any excuses

Reactions: No Draft

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Glad to see Janko getting a chance at centering the 2nd line. I will worry about our 3rd D line.
Will Janko replace Backs on the 2nd PP unit? Who will replace Gio on the 1st?

I think we see Hanifin on PP1 and Brodie on PP2. Janko got a little bit of PP time during the five minute major on Kunitz in the Chicago game so I expect he plays that role tonight as well. This is gonna be a good test for the team and a good warm-up before the BoA.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Alan Quine was a scratch in Stockton last night, so there’s a good chance he’s the guy called up to play this weekend

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Brad Treliving is gonna be on after hours with Scott Oake for those interested

giphy.gif

Brad Treliving is gonna be on after hours with Scott Oake for those interested

giphy.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Top line is really going to need to show up tonight. Gaudreau was phenomenal last game and Monahan looks like he did early last year before he got hurt, a lot more engaged in the forecheck. Lindholm with a hat-trick last game (f*** you NHL) also obviously feeling it.

With these injuries though I really hope Neal shows up and starts potting some goals, seriously. Time to see if our depth is for real or not. Also, a huge test for our defence with Gio out. Hamonic is playing tremendous hockey this year so I ain't worried about being paired with Brodie because Peters system allows Hammer and Brodie to move up the ice. The 3rd pairing though could be a nightmare if Kylington isn't up to task because I have pretty much no faith in Prout.

Nashville without their top 3 players is huge (and 2/3's of their top line), hopefully the top line crushes.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It’s funny when people say we have depth. Pretty clear we are carried by our top 5 forwards and top 4 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad