GDT: Nashville Predators (6-3-4 16 PTS) vs Phoenix Coyotes (6-5-2 14 PTS) | 2-14-13 | 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
In re: attendance...paper sellout or not, the building seems very alive on TV. It's good to at least see fewer empty seats in the lower bowl than in years past.

The Preds are not quite there yet where it's a full barn every night (in terms of actual people -- even if, supposedly all tickets are sold). We still have room to grow in terms of fanbase before the demand is high enough where the team doesn't have to really do anything to "promote" the team....but there is a SIGNIFICANT improvement in terms of visibility and the team.

We are beyond being a small, but dedicated fanbase, supported by just the usual suspects that show up to every game. There are many more casual fans around town (and that is certainly a GOOD thing). Winning helps, for sure. The younger crowd really enjoys the atmosphere...and as the younger crowd gains more discretionary income, over time you will see the demand for tickets rise up. Around town, you see a lot more Preds plates, flags, and bumper stickers than ever before. It's common to to see people in Preds shirts and hats at any random place around town. Kids love the games. The culture is, and has been, taking hold in the city. It probably doesn't hurt either that the city (metro) has grown by about 400,000 in the time that the Preds have been here.

That's not to say that a bad stretch couldn't really hurt us...but I think with dedicated local ownership, and an incredibly well run management, we can start to relax a little bit and not worry about breaking something like 14,000 in AVERAGE attendance. This run of "sellouts" has been nice...but I don't expect it to continue forever. I also don't think that if we have a few games in the 15's or even 14's that we need to panic (I would like our minimum to be 16k...but I don't really expect that...right now).

The point being, attendance is strong. It is nothing to worry about. I think with the current group in place, we are over the hump of having to constantly worry about our team relocating. Things can always change...but with the team having been here for 15 years now, I think it's time we stop acting like an expansion team and get that "no respect" chip off our shoulder. Some fans will always knock our attendance if it's not 100%. If attendance is 100%, they'll knock our ticket prices. If our ticket prices are higher, they'll knock our tv ratings, jersey sales, etc. etc. We become a stronger market each and every day.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Finally got 2 tickets earlier today for tomorrow nights game. Absolutely no 2 seats together anywhere in the arena. I got 2 seats in 115, the last row but with 1 single already used in between the seats. Hopefully the single will trade me seats. This game is a SELLOUT. Couldn't even get my ticket holder rate either. Cost me $242 for 2 singles in the very last row. :laugh: I think hockey is doing ok here.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Finally got 2 tickets earlier today for tomorrow nights game. Absolutely no 2 seats together anywhere in the arena. I got 2 seats in 115, the last row but with 1 single already used in between the seats. Hopefully the single will trade me seats. This game is a SELLOUT. Couldn't even get my ticket holder rate either. Cost me $242 for 2 singles in the very last row. :laugh: I think hockey is doing ok here.

http://cuttingedgetickets.com/2021979/Nashville-Predators-vs-Anaheim-Ducks

180 seats on this site alone including 16 in a suite for 139 each

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I had to work while the game was on, so I recorded it. I told my brother not to text me with updates. Since he is the only one who does I figured I was good, and I was...

...until I got home and began watching. About halfway through the first period a friend of mine sends me a message on Facebook. It goes to my phone. I check to see why my phone made a noise, and saw the message. "Yeah a win!"

:rant:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Actually you know what? This thread needs to die, so I'm going to kill it. If you guys want to have a conversation about attendance make a thread about it. If you want to have a pissing match with one another take it to PM or exchange numbers. We may be here to clean up after you, but that doesn't mean you have to start making a mess on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad