GDT: Nashville Predators (6-3-4 16 PTS) vs Phoenix Coyotes (6-5-2 14 PTS) | 2-14-13 | 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
How was it?

Go figure I have to leave and miss one of the best third periods we've had all season!

Whoa...Details please.

Great Win...7-3-4?!?!?! Not bad. Rinne's on top of his game right now. I dare say best in the league.

Go Preds!!

My buddy and I were walking around after the first and ran into Jeff Cogen. He introduced himself to us and we chatted for a while about all kinds of things. During the 2nd I saw on facebook that my friend posted he got moved to the owners suite thanks to Jeff.

After the 2nd period we ran into him again and chatted for a bit. I brought up the fact my buddy was sitting with him. He said he hates being in there alone and when there's room he likes to go up to the 300 level and pick out season ticket holders to sit with him. After that he said well let's go, you guys are with me! I've got some pics to post.

487899_10100963918851075_847669941_n.jpg

555883_10100963938781135_1289573268_n.jpg

149932_10100963938910875_1087388156_n.jpg

35498_10100963964324945_1374210075_n.jpg

17636_10100963964484625_2139615026_n.jpg

156425_10100963972942675_1133217055_n.jpg

19624_10200524678228961_325686977_n.jpg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
O that was the quietest rena I have experienced here since like 2002. But it is great to see the number of 20 somethings that are going to the games. That says alot about building the fanbase. Also the sellout was another paper sellout I counted 41 empty seats in 320 alone and section 107 row J had 19 empty seats I noticwe that since my season thickets were the for a few of the early years. If I were to guess there were about 15,500 actual warm bodies there. So whoever blasted me after the last game for not being there and commenting on the empty seats ok. I was there and once again I comment on the empty seats.

I don’t know why you continue to harp on this- do you think this is unique to the Predators?? This happens in EVERY arena in sports- other than finals, championship games, etc, there are always some empty seats in sold out arenas/stadiums. With the resale market the way it is (Stubhub, etc) it is always going to be that way. Just pick out an arena that is always sold out, then go to stubhub and see how many tickets are available.

The tickets are sold- teams have no control over whether every single seat has a body in it. I watched the Detroit/St Louis game on Wednesday- they announced attendance was 20,600- but if you watched the game, there were a good bit of empty seats in primo locations- again, the seats are sold- nothing the Red Wings can do about someone reselling their ticket or not showing up.

If you want to complain and be negative about the offense, that is valid. But if there is one thing about the Preds right now that is going great, it is the fan support/attendance that is going on right now- it’s amazing. You are just looking for something to complain about if you continue to post negative stuff about attendance.

And that was the quietest crowd since 2002? Really? I wasn't there (I am in Birmingham and can't make weeknight games)- but I would like anyone else who goes to every game to comment on this- that would be pretty incredible if true

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I don’t know why you continue to harp on this- do you think this is unique to the Predators?? This happens in EVERY arena in sports- other than finals, championship games, etc, there are always some empty seats in sold out arenas/stadiums. With the resale market the way it is (Stubhub, etc) it is always going to be that way. Just pick out an arena that is always sold out, then go to stubhub and see how many tickets are available.

The tickets are sold- teams have no control over whether every single seat has a body in it. I watched the Detroit/St Louis game on Wednesday- they announced attendance was 20,600- but if you watched the game, there were a good bit of empty seats in primo locations- again, the seats are sold- nothing the Red Wings can do about someone reselling their ticket or not showing up.

If you want to complain and be negative about the offense, that is valid. But if there is one thing about the Preds right now that is going great, it is the fan support/attendance that is going on right now- it’s amazing. You are just looking for something to complain about if you continue to post negative stuff about attendance.

And that was the quietest crowd since 2002? Really? I wasn't there (I am in Birmingham and can't make weeknight games)- but I would like anyone else who goes to every game to comment on this- that would be pretty incredible if true

Please refer to my last post.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
My buddy and I were walking around after the first and ran into Jeff Cogen. He introduced himself to us and we chatted for a while about all kinds of things. During the 2nd I saw on facebook that my friend posted he got moved to the owners suite thanks to Jeff.

After the 2nd period we ran into him again and chatted for a bit. I brought up the fact my buddy was sitting with him. He said he hates being in there alone and when there's room he likes to go up to the 300 level and pick out season ticket holders to sit with him. After that he said well let's go, you guys are with me! I've got some pics to post.

Awesome! :yo:

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Could be because there selling 4 seats 4 rinks and 4 hotdogs for 124 bucks..

WHy do sellouts actually matter. I have no idea how long you have been following the team but there are many iof use that have struggled through the building of the fanbase. The first couple of years attendance was great then it wained and we almost lost the team. This is not the NFL where a team moves every 20 years, And those that are niave enough to think it can not happen ask the folks from the Thrashers that now support our team... Some of those people have endured losing a team twice. So your damn right I feel like I can *****. And if anyone who thinks the good times can't change fast just look at the history, For years you had a hard time to get Vol's or Titian tickets, heck even NASCA tickets at Bristol had a 5 year waiting period for season tickets, But now if you have the money and the interest you can catch any of those events. It is short sighted and a little arrogant to think it can't happen to a hockey team in a small market with a history of attendance problems. But the again there is a segment of folks that just are oblivious and enjoy the moment and if things change they find another hobby. We call those bandwagon fans.

I've been a fan since the 2003-2004 season thanks. I endured the possible relocation and balsillie crap. If the seats are sold, that is only a good thing. Focus on what you can control. Buy a ticket package and put your ass in a seat and don't worry about stuff you can't control. I've been a ticket holder since right after the lockout and have no plans on ever not re-upping.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Y

O that was the quietest rena I have experienced here since like 2002. But it is great to see the number of 20 somethings that are going to the games. That says alot about building the fanbase. Also the sellout was another paper sellout I counted 41 empty seats in 320 alone and section 107 row J had 19 empty seats I noticwe that since my season thickets were the for a few of the early years. If I were to guess there were about 15,500 actual warm bodies there. So whoever blasted me after the last game for not being there and commenting on the empty seats ok. I was there and once again I comment on the empty seats.

The Panthers average a "100.5%" attendance but take your pick of empty seats:

flacrowd.jpg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Please refer to my last post.

Already read it- don't know what your point is- has nothing to do with my post- you should read mine again- what exactly is your gripe- that a sellout is announced but there are some empty seats in the building??

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Could be because there selling 4 seats 4 rinks and 4 hotdogs for 124 bucks..

WHy do sellouts actually matter. I have no idea how long you have been following the team but there are many iof use that have struggled through the building of the fanbase. The first couple of years attendance was great then it wained and we almost lost the team. This is not the NFL where a team moves every 20 years, And those that are niave enough to think it can not happen ask the folks from the Thrashers that now support our team... Some of those people have endured losing a team twice. So your damn right I feel like I can *****. And if anyone who thinks the good times can't change fast just look at the history, For years you had a hard time to get Vol's or Titian tickets, heck even NASCA tickets at Bristol had a 5 year waiting period for season tickets, But now if you have the money and the interest you can catch any of those events. It is short sighted and a little arrogant to think it can't happen to a hockey team in a small market with a history of attendance problems. But the again there is a segment of folks that just are oblivious and enjoy the moment and if things change they find another hobby. We call those bandwagon fans.
Byrddog I do agree with many of your points and have to say that I think that management is pretty cognoscent of those points in how they reach out to folks that attend games via data mining and by the staff being visible, hospitable, and engaging at every opportunity given (or so how I've been treated in the 300's). I've gotten several calls and e-mails to see if I am getting value for my tickets etc. over the last few years just for showing up through the turnstiles. Sean Henry has given me beers when I renewed my season tickets. Both of my kids did the GOAL program. I could cite many more examples; but the key to keeping things up is giving people value for their involvement and investment in being a fan. Basically like the restaurant business, people come for the product but usually return again because of the hospitality long after the taste has left. If the service sucks, we remember that far more than a good meal. We all get ripped off at the concession stands of every stadium; but if you feel less ripped off by adding things like the recent additions they did (ie bacon on a stick, hot chicken, etc.) and you remember it as much as the event especially if your treated with respect when you order it.

Plus we also have to give props to all of the scalpers out there that buy the seats with an expectation that they MIGHT sell them. They are taking a risk that the market will bear fruit and have a vested interest that the team does well in all aspects too. Many might look at them as parasites; but I also realistically see them as a very good barometer of how the team is really doing. However, digital ticketing may just cover that visible barometer up too...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I just looked back at all 16 of Smith's shifts last night and couldn't find him missing a wide open net on any of them. The closest to that was him trying to backhand one on net from the low slot in the 3rd, with Mike Smith squared, that was deflected by the defender. He was active on the forecheck all night, created several quality chances, put three shots on goal, and actively chased rebounds. A well played 11:26.

There are three distinct attendance numbers ... tickets issued (total handed out including promotions, comps and sold) ... tickets sold (those actually paid for or given in trade for services) ... and tickets used (butts through the doors). Issued is what determines a sellout and no team sells 100% of their issued tickets.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Panthers average a "100.5%" attendance but take your pick of empty seats:

flacrowd.jpg

Just for the record, many of those "% capacity" numbers are incorrect- some are very outdated- there are threads on this topic on the NHL boards- the Panthers have not sold out every game- officially or unofficially

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Just for the record, many of those "% capacity" numbers are incorrect- some are very outdated- there are threads on this topic on the NHL boards- the Panthers have not sold out every game- officially or unofficially

I don't know what you necessarily mean by outdated because the site I look on has different numbers for every season.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well that caused a ****storm. My opinions are mine and you have every right to attack tham as you wish. Im too old to have my opinion changes easily. And unlike most here I do make mistakes , I do understand that im just a novice viewer of the game having only wathced it for a little over 33 years.

They only thing I feel I may be wrong about from my post Is the Smith missing the shot. Im just now re watching the game and got thru the painful 1st period again. I will stand by what I saw it was a horribly missed shot by a Pred skater I know this by the color of yellow the player was wearing. I may post my retraction when I see who it was or I may not.

To be frank some of the posts about not being worried about attendenceare not suprising, so I will not bring it back up at this time but reserve the right at some point in the future to use the I told you so. Just as you will iof the Preds make it to the playoffs im sure many will take pleasure in telling me that. And to be truthful I would enjoy being told that. Im not anti team and like nothing better than to see them do well. Many of you have a different impression of what that is compaired to mine.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Solid game last night and much better in transition.

Here's one of my pics from 114......
preds_zpsf66d411e.jpg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't know what you necessarily mean by outdated because the site I look on has different numbers for every season.

Depending on where you look, the capacity of buildings hasn't been updated to reflect changes in capacity- (Rangers for example- their capacity this year is 1,000 less due to renovations, and because of this some attendance sites report them as not 100% this year, which is not correct)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You know the Preds actually had a good game when we ran out of players to argue about and moved onto the attendance.

You know that's right!

Not only that, the game thread was only around 5 pages- if we had lost 3-0, it would have been double that...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Depending on where you look, the capacity of buildings hasn't been updated to reflect changes in capacity- (Rangers for example- their capacity this year is 1,000 less due to renovations, and because of this some attendance sites report them as not 100% this year, which is not correct)

I gotcha. Well for what it's worth, this site was updated to reflect Florida's new capacity the last few years.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
To be frank some of the posts about not being worried about attendenceare not suprising, so I will not bring it back up at this time but reserve the right at some point in the future to use the I told you so. Just as you will iof the Preds make it to the playoffs im sure many will take pleasure in telling me that. And to be truthful I would enjoy being told that. Im not anti team and like nothing better than to see them do well. Many of you have a different impression of what that is compaired to mine.

I still absolutely do not know what you are talking about regarding attendance. What do you mean by “not worried about attendance�? Is that what you are getting from mine and some other posts?

I am ALWAYS worried about attendance for the Predators- we need to be packing the building every night and continuing to turn Nashville into a great hockey town. For hockey to survive and thrive here, it is a must.

I responded to your post only because you continually point out that “there were empty seats here and there†when the game was announced as a sellout. Again, that happens in every arena in every sport.

Doesn’t mean I am not concerned about future attendance or that we don’t have to worry about how many people are coming to games- not at all.

But right now attendance, fan support, and interest in hockey in Nashville is at an all-time high, there is no reason whatsoever for any negativity about that.

This will be my last post on this- can’t believe we are even discussing it-----

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Sellouts matter because it gives the Preds a chance to have more people get a positive experience. That experience includes the game, but it's also the arena, amenities and customer service. It's part of building the fanbase. It's how they can build the 501 Club with a reasonable expectation of that working, rather than it being a pipe-dream way to grab some incremental revenue. Bodies in-and-around the building drive the overall economic impact the Preds have on downtown and the SoBro area.

IMHO, it is a VERY big deal that they are selling out the place, both as a point of overall pride, from a marketing perspective, and for driving the longevity of the franchise.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Sellouts matter because it gives the Preds a chance to have more people get a positive experience. That experience includes the game, but it's also the arena, amenities and customer service. It's part of building the fanbase. It's how they can build the 501 Club with a reasonable expectation of that working, rather than it being a pipe-dream way to grab some incremental revenue. Bodies in-and-around the building drive the overall economic impact the Preds have on downtown and the SoBro area.

IMHO, it is a VERY big deal that they are selling out the place, both as a point of overall pride, from a marketing perspective, and for driving the longevity of the franchise.
Straight cash homie

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Your are correct sir. It is all about bang for the buck We choose this entertainment by choice. A night taking in a game with parking and dinner sets one back a couple hundred dollars. Last night dinner was a little over a hundred for us two being V Day but is never less than 60 to 70 on gameday. 4 beers at the game will not even discuss that price. Parking and the tickets. You are fooling yourself if you do not think people will just walk away from this team unless they are not better on the ice. I has happened before to this tem and it has happened to the Titians.

Dean I was not pointing that at you

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Are we really talking about attendance? We are doing awesome in attendance. Weekday sellouts are huge. Whatever method they use to comp tickets, they've been doing the same way most teams do. The building has looked great for every game. We are a hockey town. There is no more attendance issue.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You are fooling yourself if you do not think people will just walk away from this team unless they are not better on the ice.

[Swore I wasn't commenting again, but I am...]

Who is saying that? Not me, and no one else on here either- its like you are making stuff up just to have something to argue against.

OF COURSE the attendance is tied to how successful the team is! That is true of every pro team in every pro sport. All I (and others) are saying is that right now, attendance and interest are at an all time high- there should be NO negativity surrounding CURRENT attendance- period.

And if you don't think the Predators are successful on the ice, you are crazy- they have been one of the best records in the NHL in the past 9 years

Of course the team has to succeed on the ice to continue selling out the building- again, who is arguing that???? Certainly not me.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Are we really talking about attendance? We are doing awesome in attendance. Weekday sellouts are huge. Whatever method they use to comp tickets, they've been doing the same way most teams do. The building has looked great for every game. We are a hockey town. There is no more attendance issue.

EXACTLY- :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad