GDT: Nashville Predators (6-3-4 16 PTS) vs Phoenix Coyotes (6-5-2 14 PTS) | 2-14-13 | 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
That was the best game the preds have played all year. We outshot the coyotes 29-19 and got 3 goals. Great 3rd period for the preds. Fisher had his best game of the year and SK Fisher Bourque really worked tonight and the Spaling line was really good too. Good win. Faceoffs the only really bad part of the game.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
As encouraging as the offense was tonight, what we are doing defensively continues to be pretty freaking amazing. 4 games on this homestand- 3 shutouts, only 3 total goals allowed.

Also, has anyone noticed how we have barely trailed this year?

Other than our 3 regulation losses (all shutouts), we have only been behind for a few minutes all season. Unless I am mistaken, we trailed for 2 minutes in the first St Louis game, and for about 10 minutes in the first game at Minnesota- other than that, we have either been tied or ahead in all of the other 11 games- only time we trailed in the other losses was at the end of sudden death (OT/SO losses).

Lets just keep it going.......

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Wooo! Great win. Had to watch delayed on GCL again. Peks with a great shutout, but the best player in the game besides Peks was easily Steve Sullivan. He could have, and probably should have, had a hat trick in the first period. Unbelievable point blank chances.

Craig Smith also played fantastic despite getting no points; really stepped it up this game. I think it's about time to end the Weber / Hannan experiment as well. Klein / Hannan played well together before and should be fine together again. Josi and Weber long-term could be Suter / Weber v2 very easily given time.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Smith looked 100 times better. I have no inside info here, but I'll take a guess and say he was playing hurt and is finally getting healty.

Spals lived up to my username with that snipe tonight.

Blum is fantastic.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Also, I'd like to add this. Rich Clune has been impressing me lately. Not for staying out of trouble and "not being a liability"...but for skating well, playing the puck well, and just being responsible.

Trotz must've noticed, too....Clune had 11:32 in ice time...more than Smith, Halischuk, and Yip. The guy actually has a decent two-way game for his "fighter" role.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Missed the game tonight due to valentine's day, what happened with new pairing and different lines someone mentioned on here? What were we rolling in the 3rd? Thanks.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Me too. Blum has been a difference maker for us lately.

If we can get Ekholm up next season we'll have an entire defense of drafted players.

This would be great for the organization. If Blum, Josi, and Ellis continue progression and Ekholm can play like we think he can, we have a great D for a long time. With Rinne behind them, we'll be real tough to score on.

Weber-Josi
Klein-Ellis
Blum-Ekholm

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
By far our most complete game in the offensive end all season. It was a refreshing change to see multiple players on multiple lines all generate chances. They reduced the usual number of mistakes and put forth at least decent play across all three periods. The past five periods have been a return to Predators hockey for the most part.

Now if only Legwand and Fisher could remember how to win a draw and we stop passing it to the wrong team when we try to exit the zone, things could get on a roll.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You guys do realize that the goals in the third perion were the first goals in regulation in 10 periods...... Think about that for a minute.

Rinne was the best player on the ice last night of course and the lone reason Sully did not have two goals in the first. The first period was like a boxing match wwhere we were dodging all the blows with a jab or two. The second period something happened they seemed to have there skates under them and actually had an improved forcheck and some chances. The first goal proves that shots on goal do mean something I have not rewatched the game yet this morning to see how Bourque got credit for the goal but glad the thing went in. Spalings goal was nice and the result of hard work. And finally Fisher had that perfect situation he has been looking for and buried it. Giveaways were a little sloppy but improved as was the puck pocession but that was not difficyult to improve after the past few games.

The defensewas as solid as could be of course there were a few mistakes but Rinne being the stud he is covered for it.

I have to disagree with whoever thought Smith had an excellent game. He did show alot of heart and speed last night but the guy just can not finish. With Mike Smith down and the most gaping net of the night Our Smith from what looked like three feet just plain missed the net. Im not sure if he can be part of the team in the role that most want him to be when Hornqvist comes back I expect his icetime will be cut even more and some games off. Legwand gets a tribute for 700 games and is pretty much invisable all night again so he and Smith are my choices for the worst games last night.

Got to see some old friends which was great and heard the whispers a few times behind me .. Hey thats Byrddog.. Hell people im not an oger and will talk to anyone we may not agree on some things but thats part of it. Got to talk to Paul McCann for a while after the game too on the way up to the garage always enjoy his perspective he was the one that pointed out the nubmer of periods to me the team had gone without a goal. So im not the only one who watches stats Was an enjoyble night heck any win is enjoyable but still concerned abot the offenseive product out there.

O that was the quietest rena I have experienced here since like 2002. But it is great to see the number of 20 somethings that are going to the games. That says alot about building the fanbase. Also the sellout was another paper sellout I counted 41 empty seats in 320 alone and section 107 row J had 19 empty seats I noticwe that since my season thickets were the for a few of the early years. If I were to guess there were about 15,500 actual warm bodies there. So whoever blasted me after the last game for not being there and commenting on the empty seats ok. I was there and once again I comment on the empty seats.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
O that was the quietest rena I have experienced here since like 2002. But it is great to see the number of 20 somethings that are going to the games. That says alot about building the fanbase. Also the sellout was another paper sellout I counted 41 empty seats in 320 alone and section 107 row J had 19 empty seats I noticwe that since my season thickets were the for a few of the early years. If I were to guess there were about 15,500 actual warm bodies there. So whoever blasted me after the last game for not being there and commenting on the empty seats ok. I was there and once again I comment on the empty seats.
Sharks game wasn't sold out but why ***** about it or bring it up. Blues fans are doing the same thing talking about how last year they announced all these sellouts when there were tons of seats. Who cares really? It's obvious scalpers do have some tickets so there's that. Either way, an announced sellout is better than an announced non-sellout so whatever.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
On another note, I'm getting kinda frustrated because no one is answering any phones down at 501 broadway. My rep won't answer, my cousin's rep won't answer, the general 770-puck won't answer. Getting pissed. I'm wanting 2 nice expensive seats for tomorrow night and they won't answer the damn phones!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
On another note, I'm getting kinda frustrated because no one is answering any phones down at 501 broadway. My rep won't answer, my cousin's rep won't answer, the general 770-puck won't answer. Getting pissed. I'm wanting 2 nice expensive seats for tomorrow night and they won't answer the damn phones!

Could be because there selling 4 seats 4 rinks and 4 hotdogs for 124 bucks..

WHy do sellouts actually matter. I have no idea how long you have been following the team but there are many iof use that have struggled through the building of the fanbase. The first couple of years attendance was great then it wained and we almost lost the team. This is not the NFL where a team moves every 20 years, And those that are niave enough to think it can not happen ask the folks from the Thrashers that now support our team... Some of those people have endured losing a team twice. So your damn right I feel like I can *****. And if anyone who thinks the good times can't change fast just look at the history, For years you had a hard time to get Vol's or Titian tickets, heck even NASCA tickets at Bristol had a 5 year waiting period for season tickets, But now if you have the money and the interest you can catch any of those events. It is short sighted and a little arrogant to think it can't happen to a hockey team in a small market with a history of attendance problems. But the again there is a segment of folks that just are oblivious and enjoy the moment and if things change they find another hobby. We call those bandwagon fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad