GDT: Nashville Predators (5-3-4 14 PTS) vs San Jose Sharks (7-3-2 16 PTS) | 2-12-13 | 7:00

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Wilson scores and the preds win woo hoo. Rinne deserved that win with how he played and he got a shutout

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
our kids are looking pretty darn good. if the old farts getting paid the big money can ever get their spit together we will be in good shape....

Rinne remains beastly....

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
ROW. I'll take it.

1st period - abomination
2nd period - sloppy, but better
3rd period - decent, but crazy
OT - wild

If we could put a 60 minutes together like our last 30, we'd be OK.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We played quite possibly the biggest abortion of a period of hockey this season in the 1st ... followed by over 40 minutes of quality hockey minus the discipline issues. We equaled them in shots over the game, came close to doing that in quality chances over the last 42+ minutes. Our goaltending remains the bedrock of this team. Too many of our forwards remain absent from the shot total. An earned win, but far from a solid overall game ... we were lucky not to be down by a few after the first.

On to the next game.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Well the preds came close to outshooting an opponent. :amazed: They tied with 25 a piece. Considering how awful they were outshot in the first those came almost exclusively in the 2nd,3rd, and OT. Defensively this team is playing very well. If they could just score they'd be winning every night.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Missed this one until OT. Sounds like a really exciting one....

Still, a ROW is nice, and beating SJ is never easy. Can someone tell me who had good and bad games tonight?

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Hahaha holy ****; I had to watch in on GCL late. Most exciting 0-0 regulation game I've ever seen. I'll make some more lucid comments tomorrow. Im-Pekka-ble! (NHL.com puns go)

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
What a win! a win is a win and two points at that. Wilson continues to shine. That a drudgery to watch even though we won. When Rinne plays like that he can be unscored upon. Fisher still can't buy a goal and he had chances and Legwand is still asleep at the wheel. We still have the same problems on offense.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Missed this one until OT. Sounds like a really exciting one....

Still, a ROW is nice, and beating SJ is never easy. Can someone tell me who had good and bad games tonight?

Everyone had a bad 1st. Everyone.

Marty had a bad night.

We were good on draws...Gaustad was 16 of 21, Spaling was 6 of 8, Fisher 7 of 10.

The "kids" (Wilson, Josi, Blum, Bourque) had some decent flashes. Legwand and Kostitsyn were nearly transparent. Hannan nearly took out Weber's knee.

Gill had perhaps the most solid game of anyone.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
post some tweets please

I retweeted the play by play, hold on

EDIT: all from @predatwitter

Sharks fan yells obscenities/flies bird at her whole section - she's ejected. Fans cheer, her boyfriend gets angry, starts same thing (more)

Boyfriend asks Preds fan six rows away to fight - he comes down stairs, they go tumbling down several rows, throwing punches

Sharks fan rails on Preds guy till everyone else in the section goes to break it up. Sharks fan gets tangled in his own shirt, takes beating

Bunch of guys in Preds gear jumped on him till it was diffused. Definitely blood, arrests. Ugly.

Booze clearly involved. Don't condone Preds fans actions, but largely self defense/helping. Hated to see it.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
You could see the commotion on the tv feed. You can see the fisticuffs start and then everyone points. A few seconds later, there is a faceoff in that end and you can see everyone milling about.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We are 6-3-4- 16 points.

Think about that for a second- I don't know how in the world we have the record we have, but I will take it.

I'm just hoping the 2nd and 3rd periods are the start of some better things to come for the offense.

I guess we do know how we have the record we have- defense and Pekka Rinne. I think our absolutely putrid offense is kind of overshadowing a little what we are doing defensively- it is really unbelievable.

On this homestand, we have faced 3 pretty damn good teams in LA, Chicago, and San Jose. In 183 minutes, we have allowed a total of THREE goals (and if you discount the Kane goal which was really just a brain fart by Rinne and not on the D)- only 2 legitimate goals allowed against those teams.

That is pretty incredible- as someone else pointed out- if we could just get ANY offense whatsoever, we would be almost unbeatable..........

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
More info from @predatwitter

Wow. At the bar, talking to Preds fan who helped restrain Sharks fan. Said he got him restrained from behind, but then (more)

Sharks fan whirls around, hits him in the face, and pushes Preds fan's girlfriend down stairs. Preds fan bloodied, given new (free) shirt.

This guys girlfriend is saying Sharks fan was screaming incredibly misogynistic insults at women in section. She hit him.

To clarify: Preds fan's girlfriend hit after being hit, or so she's telling me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad