Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ Minnesota 7:00

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Hutton looks like a serviceable backup to me. Which is what he was signed to be, so I'm OK with him. It's lousy that Rinne got injured again and had to miss so much time but that's not the sort of thing you can predict. You can't carry a $7m goalie AND an expensive backup. Superstar players are superstars precisely because they're so hard to replace.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Pekka is far from a butterfly goalie. He scrambles like crazy.

Huh ? From Wikipedia...

Rinne utilizes the popular Butterfly style of goaltending, dropping to his knees early and using his leg pads to block low shot attempts. With 6'5" (1.96m) Rinne is currently the third largest starting goaltender in the NHL (behind his former backup, Anders Lindback at 6'6" (1.98m), and Ben Bishop at 6'7" (2.01m), both of the Tampa Bay Lightning), which gives him tremendous reach with his stick and leg pads.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hutton had a very good start to the season (2-0-0, over .950 sv%), then a terrible six game run. He's now 13-8-4, 2.82 gaa, .907 sv% ... not bad numbers for a backup goalie. The problem is we needed him to perform as he has in 2014 starting back in late October and he faltered after Pekka went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad