Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ Minnesota 7:00

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Crap lost in OT. We needed to win this one but 1 point is better then nothing. Not a great game by the preds but not horrible either.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't know if you guys have that high speed camera but that OT goal was ridiculous. Josi gets his stick on Niederreiter's stick but not enough to block the shot away and then the puck goes between Josi's legs to the top corner. Hutton had no chance.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
The point is nice and Vancouver had the worst month of the season this January, however Winnipeg Dallas and Phoenix are all ahead of us in points with games in hand. Hey, at least we're in the race though right?

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Cullen only played 7 min so he's not 100% yet. Nystrom Fisher Hornqvist is a checking line that is getting no offense at all. Need to get Fish and Horns with a playmaker or they will never score. We basically have 1 scoring line no wonder we only had 18 shots.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Sucks to lose another in OT/SO, but if we can win Saturday and get 3 out of 4 possible points, it will have been a very good week. We probably have no chance to catch Minnesota now, but are very much in the hunt for a playoff spot.

As it stands now, we are only 3 points behind Vancouver with a game in hand. Problem is Phoenix and Dallas have games in hand on us and are about ready to pass Vancouver.

We desperately need Chicago to beat Phoenix tomorrow night. And then hope that the Dallas/Phoenix game Saturday is not a 3 point game.

(And I don't know if it is just me, but I absolutely HATE the new playoff format- we could actually pass LA and still miss the playoffs because of the "top 3" format- hate it)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Whhhyyyyy is our defense always so conservative. Just gave the guy a clean break into our zone and never closed the gap.

Its the same on the penalty kill, too- we are way too conservative, always playing back- its a big reason we almost never get the puck out of the zone on a PK.

I always love it when a PK is super aggressive....

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Parise with some good acting on the penalty at the end. What a dive. He was looking for that penalty if someone breathed on his greatness and he got it.

Smith was a beast tonight. Wish he would of gotten a hat trick. So close.....

I think Suter played the whole game.

Everyone is getting excited about the playoffs and i just don't see it. The Canucks will not be losing for long and the others around us will win more than the Preds. Going to have to be some drastic changes to the offense to even sneak in.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Weber needs to open his giant wallet and shell out some bucks for some decent sticks!

Smith and Hutton have been playing so well lately, I want the team to win just to reward them.

Clearly, no good comes from playing in minnesota!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I like how Minnesota's coach play's his horses.

Hutton is awful. Regardless of the OT goal. Both goal 1 and 2 and saves that a team needs.

Yes, that means that we are relying on a 2-1 win, which, I agree, is unacceptable.

Craig Smith is playing solid hockey this year. I'm glad the benchings earlier in the year didn't ruin his confidence.

Last edited:

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
I like how Minnesota's coach play's his horses.

Hutton is awful. Regardless of the OT goal. Both goal 1 and 2 and saves that a team needs.

Yes, that means that we are relying on a 2-1 win, which, I agree, is unacceptable.

Craig Smith is playing solid hockey this year. I'm glad the benchings earlier in the year didn't ruin his confidence.
Lot's of people praising Hutton of late. I am not onboard. Has he made stops an NHL quality goalie should make? Usually. The OT goal was a tough one, but definitely that first one was shooter vs. Hutton. He had a clear look and misplayed it.
I think the games this team has won have more to do with how well the 5 in front of him are executing the coverage, shot blocking, and limiting quality chances than how well Hutton is playing. Don't think anybody is under delusions Hutton is starting G material at this point. And after the break, I think it is awfully late to go on a run and overtake so many teams with games and points in hand. Mind you, I would love to be proven wrong, but it would require a stretch of hockey the likes of which this club has never played.

All that said, I woudl love to see it happen and cannot imagine the buzz it would create if they did it.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I will say this.

1) If Rinne was healthy and played up to his capabilities, we would be in the playoffs right now.

2) Our forwards still suck on a colossal level.

3) Our defense is actually continuing to gel as a unit.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I will say this.

1) If Rinne was healthy and played up to his capabilities, we would be in the playoffs right now.

1) Yes, but only a WC spot.

2) This is why the team would only be in a WC spot. All are doing pretty poor with the exception of Smith who's having a career year.

3) This is the only bright spot currently.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I will say this.

1) Meh, we don't even know what we've got with Pekka anymore, a hip infection/scope on a butterfly goalie

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Lot's of people praising Hutton of late. I am not onboard. Has he made stops an NHL quality goalie should make? Usually. The OT goal was a tough one, but definitely that first one was shooter vs. Hutton. He had a clear look and misplayed it.
I think the games this team has won have more to do with how well the 5 in front of him are executing the coverage, shot blocking, and limiting quality chances than how well Hutton is playing. Don't think anybody is under delusions Hutton is starting G material at this point. And after the break, I think it is awfully late to go on a run and overtake so many teams with games and points in hand. Mind you, I would love to be proven wrong, but it would require a stretch of hockey the likes of which this club has never played.

All that said, I woudl love to see it happen and cannot imagine the buzz it would create if they did it.

I don't think anyone is saying that Hutton is playing Rinne-caliber hockey. He set the bar so, so low in the beginning that at this point we're willing to give him props just for playing passable NHL-caliber hockey. When he first started, you couldn't count on him to make a single big save ever…literally every good chance the other team got would end up in the back of the net. Now he actually does make a decent save or two on good chances. It's really frustrating that he'll make a few great-looking saves and then let in something that looks savable, but he's still playing much better than he was at first.

He's definitely not going to steal us any games though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00