Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ Minnesota 7:00

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Hutton should have that goal, but Brodin with the type shot we need to see more often from our players ... around two feet off the ice, over the pad, to the side of the goalie. Too often what we see from our guys is the puck into the pads, the goalie's crest, or wide.

Smith playing hungry still.

Not sure about Stalberg. Maybe healthy enough to come off IR but still not the healthiest choice so he sits ... shopped ... or the effort from Beck over the past few games pushing him up the depth chart over Stalberg.

i gotta be honest, i don't see anything from Beck that makes him get pushed up the depth chart. I don't care for him. He works hard but its more of the same to me. i don't care for him. hope he changes my mind, but hasn't done anything since he first ever got called up.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
i gotta be honest, i don't see anything from Beck that makes him get pushed up the depth chart. I don't care for him. He works hard but its more of the same to me. i don't care for him. hope he changes my mind, but hasn't done anything since he first ever got called up.

Compare Beck's play to Stalberg's. Not hard to look good when it comes to effort when compared to Stalberg.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
They'll probably shoot on the same soft spot on Hutton all game.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Funny how drastically different our sustained zone time looks compared to most other teams. We cycle down low, send up to the point & get a shot on net hoping it gets through traffic.

Minnesota has been getting to the slot, making cross crease passes & actually getting good looks all game.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I think if you're trotz you have to be disappointed in the number of dumb penalties the team has taken as a whole that have resulted in goals. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an unusual lack of discipline from the Preds this season.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I think if you're trotz you have to be disappointed in the number of dumb penalties the team has taken as a whole that have resulted in goals. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an unusual lack of discipline from the Preds this season.

Guess not because Trotz keeps rolling out the human penalty machine in Clune.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Book on Hutton, shoot blocker or higher

He's a relatively short goalie so the openings are there in the upper part of the net ... but the shooter needs to get the puck into that area over the arm/shoulder and inside the pipe. They did just that ... our guys usually don't. Smith got lucky with his rebound that Kuemper lost track of. Jones's shot is what we usually get ... THUD off the pads. Get it elevated over pad height and there is a chance of putting it in ... see Gaustad's goal at STL.

We're actually one of the less penalized teams but our PK% sucks this year compared to what we've come to expect ... 25th ranked coming into tonight at 79.8%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad