gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
giphy.gif

Reactions: bdub24

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
The omni-positivity of Willy (and also Mace to be fair) gets annoying sometimes.

C. Smith has one-on-one opportunity with goalie M. Smith, but he never makes contact with the puck, and it is wrangled by M. Smith before anything can transpire offensively.

Willy's take: "[Craig] Smith lost it for a second but gets back just in time!"

No Willy, it was not "just in time," otherwise the puck would be in the back of the Flames' net. Holy shit stop trying to spin everything into a positive, tell it like it is. :banghead:

edit: Whoops, it was Watson, not C. Smith for the Preds. Regardless, the overly positive announcing gets old. Willy and Mace really need to up their game.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The omni-positivity of Willy (and also Mace to be fair) gets annoying sometimes.

C. Smith has one-on-one opportunity with goalie M. Smith, but it is wrangled by M. Smith before anything can transpire offensively.

No Willy, it was not "just in time," otherwise the puck would be in the back of the Flames' net. Holy **** stop trying to spin everything into a positive, tell it like it is. :banghead:
Not that this is any better but I thought he was describing Mike Smiths play, and it's not that he lost it, he just was deciding which way to pass/clear it...

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Curious as to how far we'll slide in the standings. Saros is good for about 4 goals a game these days. I'm a bit worried about what the team will look like without Rinne bailing them out for doing dumb stuff like this so frequently.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

C. Smith has one-on-one opportunity with goalie M. Smith, but he never makes contact with the puck, and it is wrangled by M. Smith before anything can transpire offensively.

No Willy, it was not "just in time," otherwise the puck would be in the back of the Flames' net. Holy **** stop trying to spin everything into a positive, tell it like it is. :banghead:
"Preds all over the Flames" as the play in the background is yet another shot not getting on target.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Not that this is any better but I thought he was describing Mike Smiths play, and it's not that he lost it, he just was deciding which way to pass/clear it...
Ahhh, you're right, re-watched it. It was Watson not Craig Smith.

Anyways, my comments still stand on the other stuff (the overly positive approach). Mace will occasionally throw in some bits of realism, but they're usually recycled phrases of his which are quite cliche, a la "The Preds need to keep the pressure on."

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Ahhh, you're right, re-watched it. It was Watson not Craig Smith.

Anyways, my comments still stand on the other stuff (the overly positive approach). Mace will occasionally throw in some bits of realism, but they're usually recycled phrases of his which are quite cliche, a la "The Preds need to keep the pressure on."
Yeah, it's a ton of rah rah bullshit when we can all see what's happening. At least Crispy and Weber would thow out the occasional criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad