Post-Game Talk: Nashville loss against Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Saros has been awful, absolutely ****ing awful the last few games hes played. Yes we're injured but god damn dude you gotta make a 1 on 1 save every now and then
Yeah seriously. I would reason with "maybe it's his age" but Vasilevsky would beg to differ, although Vasy is a god and may be a slight outlier.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah, it's a ton of rah rah bull**** when we can all see what's happening. At least Crispy and Weber would thow out the occasional criticism.
Crispy was great.

I feel like Mace's best material is his personal anecdotes from his playing days (probably because this stuff is innately original). He needs to work on the cliches in the other departments.

As I type this, Willy: "A really valiant effort tonight (by the Preds), you really can't fault them, they really dug in." Yeah hooray, great job, we just lost first in the West to this team - awesome effort, boys!

Reactions: bdub24

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Yeah seriously. I would reason with "maybe it's his age" but Vasilevsky would beg to differ, although Vasy is a god and may be a slight outlier.

He's regressed it seems, I'm not sure why either. Hes young and obviously has consistency problems but he has to figure it out quick, hes the future

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
He's regressed it seems, I'm not sure why either. Hes young and obviously has consistency problems but he has to figure it out quick, hes the future
Yes, good point, that brings an extra sense of urgency to the situation. I wonder if the consistency is some sort of mental issue, I'm sure there's maybe an added sense of pressure backing up the best goalie in the league. That being said, we've seen his shutouts and dominate play, so we know he's capable. However, his size still concerns me a bit.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Yes, good point, that brings an extra sense of urgency to the situation. I wonder if the consistency is some sort of mental issue, I'm sure there's maybe an added sense of pressure backing up the best goalie in the league. That being said, we've seen his shutouts and dominate play, so we know he's capable. However, his size still concerns me a bit.

Thing is, its either a shutout or 5 goals given up. It almost seems like it doesnt matter how the team plays in front of him.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Surprised that they made it that close even. The Flames are one of the better teams in the league, and with solid goaltending at home they're nearly unbeatable right now. Had this one marked down as a sure loss.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Nah. Saros dreams of getting the defensive play in front of him that Rinne gets. Doesn't help Saros' case that Rinne is a top 3 goalie in the NHL, arguably best.
The defense in front of both guys has been bad,the difference is S4ros can't stop a beach ball.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We don’t actively kick out other teams fans. They are welcome to post here but must follow the site rules.

/modhat

We’re gonna lose.

So changing the name of the thread at the end is within the site rules?

How is that not a form of fraud?

If that is true, you need add at least one more rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
The defense in front of both guys has been bad,the difference is S4ros can't stop a beach ball.

Still looking for said beach balls from last nights game. And from most games for that matter.

Last night was a classic defensive game in front of Saros. Turnovers, deflections, breakaways, the opposition being allowed to walk to the net unopposed.

There is a clear difference in talent level between the two, as there should be with the reigning Vezina winner and his backup. The difference in their numbers is not indicative of that talent level difference though. To make matters worse, the defense has pretty clearly been better in front of Rinne. A running theme for Saros since last season.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
So changing the name of the thread at the end is within the site rules?

How is that not a form of fraud?

If that is true, you need add at least one more rule.

Mods, at least change the thread title the flames fan snarkily adapted. If one of us did that on their forum they certainly would react

Reactions: bdub24

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Not trying to mutilate a dead horse like I have been lately but Saros is too small to play anything other than an A game. No margin for error. Rinne may screw up over the course of a game but his size can help him compensate. I'm more worried about Saros's confidence being broken more than anything really.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't think we need to delete it but the title should be changed. Our small little board presence got trolled and we didn't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad