Friedman: Nashville interested in 2 forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
So would there be any room for the addition of another quality defensemen on the preds? For example, I would like to propose Nyquist + Green

This proposal could be modified. In your guy's opinion, could it be better? I'll also accept the harsh reality answer, "FABBRO IS NOT BEING DEALT!!!! STOP ASKING!!!". But cut me some slack guys, Wings fans are desperate in searching to create a better team.

No.

I mean yes, we could add a quality defenseman to our 3rd pair, but it would be someone who can take some PK load off of our top4. Someone who clears the front of the net. Not another offensive dman.

I'm not saying Fabbro is not available, I just don't think it happens. I'm expecting one of our top4 d to be gone by expansion draft and Fabbro developed into taking that spot. If this happened this offseason, then Green could be a viable stopgap solution, but I don't think it will.

Simmonds would also be worth of net-front Gold with that defence (point shots)

I think Simmonds (much like Stone we all are drooling for) would be great with Fiala and Turris.

I don't really care what happens, but just out of curiosity, why no room for both of them? Nyquist plays 1st or 2nd line, Vanek plays on a 2B/3A scoring line or as an opportunistic offensive contributor on a 3rd line checking/energy unit and makes up time on the PP. I have a soft spot for the Preds in recent years because I appreciate how they are run so I'd love for them to get a Cup and I feel like having a guy like Vanek in your bottom six and as a back-up option in case of a top 6 injury would be a much better investment for the playoffs than a Kyle Clifford type.

The other answer was pretty accurate. Our needs are a top6 forward (debatable if we need more grit/net-front aka Simmonds type or a skill guy aka Nyquist/Zucc) and a Watson replacement. Clifford would have been great, but the next quote pretty much shattered all of my hopes for him. Vanek would be luxury.

One of the Kings bloggers wrote recently that there was only about a 1% chance that the big red dog gets traded. He's seen as a culture/ glue guy for LA.

found it.....

"Often not discussed in the same breath as the three above, there is one other player the Kings are not likely to move – Kyle Clifford. We’ll put the odds at less than 1% he gets dealt, and even that may be too high of a number. If you need to understand why, simply read this."

10 Tidbits: Updated Notes on Upcoming LA Kings Trade Scenarios

Loved these...

"Los Angeles was scheduled to pick fifth in the second round. Right in front of them were the Atlanta Thrashers, one of several teams also believed to be heavily interested in the second-year OHL forward, as well.
Even so, Clifford did everything he could to push other teams away, including telling a scout from the Thrashers that he would throw him through a window during one of their pre-draft interviews. Just like he is today, Clifford was focused on a goal and he was determined to make sure nobody got in his way." .....

“Darryl Sutter was ripping into me in the office and I was late trying to get back out for the second period,” Willie Mitchell recently revealed to us. “Sutter told Cliffy to get out, and Cliffy told him, ‘I’m waiting for my [expletive] teammate!’ He just happened to be in room when Sutter was giving it to me, but he had my back. Cliffy is the best and one of the most respectful new age NHLers.”

Understanding Kyle Clifford and the LA Kings Becoming One And the Same

Damn....

Whats the deal with Tolvanen? Why don't they try him as the 6 forward they are looking to have to trade for?

If he was already a top6 forward, we would play him in a top6 role already. He's trending in the right direction with the flaws in his game that kept him in the AHL, so he could be a contributor already next season. If we trade for a right winger we extend, Tolvanen would be stuck behing Arvidsson and this said RW, so it makes sense to include him in the trade.

If we traded for an extended LW, then Fiala would be in the same situation.

If we traded for a rental, then next season we'd have top6 LW's of Forsberg and Fiala and top6 RW's of Arvidsson and Smith. Tolvanen would likely start the season on 3rd line, but hopefully eventually push Smith to 3rd line.

So to summarize, Fiala or Tolvanen should not be part of any rental deals, because if we don't extend anyone we acquire, we want to have these guys contributing for us in the upcoming seasons.

How about a package of Boyle and Johansson. What would you guys give up for that
Shouldn't be first or second option for us, but 2nd + prospect should do it. If it was last year, I'd say we start with 1st, but seems it's more a buyers market this year.

Johansson would create some competition and variation for our middle6 (Him, Fiala, Smith & Hartman in a mix n' match competition for most ice time), while Boyle could (albeit being a little soft for a big guy?) provide some physical presence in our 4th that would then see Jarnkrok and Grimaldi at wings.

Hartman feels like he's the odd man out and wouldn't surprise me if he was part of one of the deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I could see the Canes still being interested in Hartman. They were in on him when Chicago was shopping him.

Ferland for Hartman as a base?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I could see the Canes still being interested in Hartman. They were in on him when Chicago was shopping him.

Ferland for Hartman as a base?
After the Boyle deal I don't expect this to happen, but that wouldn't be a bad starting point per se.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Boyle makes one. Wonder how giving up the 2nd this year impacts who they look for as the next forward addition. Giving up their 1st and 2nd this year would be a really aggressive move from Poille.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Boyle makes one. Wonder how giving up the 2nd this year impacts who they look for as the next forward addition. Giving up their 1st and 2nd this year would be a really aggressive move from Poille.

Moving one of Fabbro/Tolvanen IMO is the play.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Looks like Nashville is now done with their huge acquisitions of Boyle and McLeod! Jets fans enjoy these 2 trades! lol

Reactions: Gh24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad