Friedman: Nashville interested in 2 forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Vartanan for Fabro

We're not trading our top prospects for a .40PPG player who's career high is 21 points.
I'd trade a conditional 3rd for him, becomes a 2nd if we make the finals and a 1st if we win.

It says we're interested in 2 forwards, Virtanen is way down the list of interesting names for us.

Stone, Duchene, Panarin, Kreider, Hayes, Simmonds and even Ferland are names I'd pick before we go to Virtanen.

Reactions: Tex76

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Tolvanen's not likely to go period (nor is Fabbro). Like the thread earlier, how frequently does a team give up their best 1 or 2 prospects in these deals?
Agreed. I can only see one of them going in the case of something truly "enormous" like a trade-and-sign Stone deal. And even though we actually saw one of those kinds of deals happen with Turris, it is exceedingly rare. So nothing to actually expect. Hope for? For a signed Stone I"ll go ahead and even hope for it. But never expect it to actually happen. It's too farfetched.

But if you're not a Sens fan, I would say don't get your hopes up for Tolvanen or Fabbro, that just "ain't gonna happen".

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I’d be shocked to see Tolvanen dealt for a rental. Poile isn’t that short sighted.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the Flyers do trade Simmonds, my hope is that its to Nashville. Feels like a perfect fit and they are the team I always root for out of the West anyway.

Reactions: TheKingPin

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I could see nyquist and one of Glendening or Helm working for Nashville here. Nyquist is a second line scorer and PP guy for them. Glendening is a high end face off guy, plays with grit and kills penalties. Hes not exactly a tough guy like Watson but hes a pest and a solid energy player.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Any two forwards?

OK, you can have Frk and Puempel for a 5th.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
We're not trading our top prospects for a .40PPG player who's career high is 21 points.
I'd trade a conditional 3rd for him, becomes a 2nd if we make the finals and a 1st if we win.

It says we're interested in 2 forwards, Virtanen is way down the list of interesting names for us.

Stone, Duchene, Panarin, Kreider, Hayes, Simmonds and even Ferland are names I'd pick before we go to Virtanen.

In his defense, he did say "Vartanan".

And also, yea. Every player you listed is better than Virtanen so no shock there.

(To say Virtanen's career high is 21 pts when that's his current point total with 30 games left is kinda weak though. He's a 226 lbs, 22 year old, that's fast, hits, and has a shot. He's a great third liner with upside, so value him at a 3rd, is just being ignorant.)

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
In his defense, he did say "Vartanan".

And also, yea. Every player you listed is better than Virtanen so no shock there.

(To say Virtanen's career high is 21 pts when that's his current point total with 30 games left is kinda weak though. He's a 226 lbs, 22 year old, that's fast, hits, and has a shot. He's a great third liner with upside, so value him at a 3rd, is just being ignorant.)

He's an okay 3rd liner with upside. If he was actually already a great third liner, the Preds would be very interested. But he's not.

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Should the preds strike out on Panarin, Stone, Duchene, Zuc (all of which are better options) I would like to take a different route if possible. Also, I don't think the wings are a good source for getting two forwards at once as Helm and Nielsen have too much term while Glendenning is truly best appreciated on the 4th line (preds already have a great 4th line as is)

So would there be any room for the addition of another quality defensemen on the preds? For example, I would like to propose Nyquist + Green (maybe retain as he has 1 year left on his deal to sweeten the deal) + D Prospect (one of Sarijaarvi/Barton/Regula + Pick for Fabbro + Pick. I truly believe that Nyquist on a team as structured as the preds would strengthen their weakness of secondary scoring on the 2nd line. Meanwhile Green on your 3rd pair could make the already rich D, richer while acting as a great insurance policy should an injury happen to one of their top 4 D. Thrown in a defensemen prospect to give the preds a chance to add to their pool should they lose someone via expansion draft. And lastly a pick of some round to just just get it done and get another kick at the can.

Preds add secondary scoring, a quality veteran Defenseman in Green with good offensive capabilities and is an insurance policy for the playoffs, a prospect to add to their system, and a pick to hopefully further add another shot at drafting another D. The strength of the deal comes in not only the preds receiving players that I believe would strengthen a weakness and add to a strength, but the predators DON'T give up their 1st Round Pick too. The end goal is for the preds to win the cup, I believe both Nyquist and Green could give them a better chance in doing so.

This proposal could be modified. In your guy's opinion, could it be better? I'll also accept the harsh reality answer, "FABBRO IS NOT BEING DEALT!!!! STOP ASKING!!!". But cut me some slack guys, Wings fans are desperate in searching to create a better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad