Friedman: Nashville interested in 2 forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well as fans, yes, yes we are generally speaking looking for 2 forwards.

One top-6 winger... the pipedream being Mark Stone, the consolation prizes being actually quite attractive this year in the Zuccarello, Nyquist, Silfverberg, maybe Simmonds group.

And then indeed a heavy bottom-6 winger to replace the recent assumed-loss of Watson. Kyle Clifford-esque perhaps.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well as fans, yes, yes we are generally speaking looking for 2 forwards.

One top-6 winger... the pipedream being Mark Stone, the consolation prizes being actually quite attractive this year in the Zuccarello, Nyquist, Silfverberg, maybe Simmonds group.

And then indeed a heavy bottom-6 winger to replace the recent assumed-loss of Watson. Kyle Clifford-esque perhaps.
I could see silf on that roster... would be a pretty good fit I think

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
How about both Hayes and Zuke?
Tolvanen Allard and a 1st ? Enough? Solves there 2nd line issues

Reactions: WhoTagz

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I should add, there is virtually no scenario out there in which the Preds actually trade Tolvanen for one of these forward wants. It would take a premium guy like Stone or Panarin with a long-term re-sign scenario for that to happen. But of course I would entirely expect all the other teams to ask anyway, it is just due diligence.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

2 out of our top 4 current prospects in my mind and the 1st that would surely be a top 5 prospect as well considering how thin we are for high end talent. That's a hefty price, but I am a big fan of both players and think Zucc would be an especially fine fit on our 2nd line.

I'd hope we could do less than Allard or the 1st.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
No Intrat in going anything near that level of not getting stone level back. For me don’t move Tolvanen for anyone but stone. And for example the set offer here alone is much better then this one.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
No room for 2 of them, likely no interest in Vanek. No need for any retention. So subtract the value of those elements in your proposal.

I don't really care what happens, but just out of curiosity, why no room for both of them? Nyquist plays 1st or 2nd line, Vanek plays on a 2B/3A scoring line or as an opportunistic offensive contributor on a 3rd line checking/energy unit and makes up time on the PP. I have a soft spot for the Preds in recent years because I appreciate how they are run so I'd love for them to get a Cup and I feel like having a guy like Vanek in your bottom six and as a back-up option in case of a top 6 injury would be a much better investment for the playoffs than a Kyle Clifford type.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I’ve always been a fan of Kyle Clifford, if Kings retained a little thatcoukd be a good add for the Preds

One of the Kings bloggers wrote recently that there was only about a 1% chance that the big red dog gets traded. He's seen as a culture/ glue guy for LA.

found it.....

"Often not discussed in the same breath as the three above, there is one other player the Kings are not likely to move – Kyle Clifford. We’ll put the odds at less than 1% he gets dealt, and even that may be too high of a number. If you need to understand why, simply read this."

10 Tidbits: Updated Notes on Upcoming LA Kings Trade Scenarios

Loved these...

"Los Angeles was scheduled to pick fifth in the second round. Right in front of them were the Atlanta Thrashers, one of several teams also believed to be heavily interested in the second-year OHL forward, as well.
Even so, Clifford did everything he could to push other teams away, including telling a scout from the Thrashers that he would throw him through a window during one of their pre-draft interviews. Just like he is today, Clifford was focused on a goal and he was determined to make sure nobody got in his way." .....

“Darryl Sutter was ripping into me in the office and I was late trying to get back out for the second period,” Willie Mitchell recently revealed to us. “Sutter told Cliffy to get out, and Cliffy told him, ‘I’m waiting for my [expletive] teammate!’ He just happened to be in room when Sutter was giving it to me, but he had my back. Cliffy is the best and one of the most respectful new age NHLers.”

Understanding Kyle Clifford and the LA Kings Becoming One And the Same

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't really care what happens, but just out of curiosity, why no room for both of them? Nyquist plays 1st or 2nd line, Vanek plays on a 2B/3A scoring line or as an opportunistic offensive contributor on a 3rd line checking/energy unit and makes up time on the PP. I have a soft spot for the Preds in recent years because I appreciate how they are run so I'd love for them to get a Cup and I feel like having a guy like Vanek in your bottom six and as a back-up option in case of a top 6 injury would be a much better investment for the playoffs than a Kyle Clifford type.
Well, I'd take Vanek "for free"-ish... he's not utterly without use, of course, he can contribute with the right utilization. But we already have a viable top-6: Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson and then Fiala-Turris-Smith... Fiala and Smith scored over 20 goals last season and are "ok" there now. Just not ideal. But I think we only look to bump one of them down for a rental for now. I would look at Nyquist in that case. We don't lack for bottom-6ers, penalty killers, etc either... I have trouble seeing Vanek there, but ok, if he's doing that lately, we still don't need him to. In general. Maybe with Watson out we lack a bit of the old-fashioned gritty/pugnacious type. Vanek certainly does not fill that role anyway.

Anyway, if you guys trade Vanek, I just think he must have higher value to somebody else. I can't see the Preds giving up anything extra for him.

Reactions: Reddwit

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
Whats the deal with Tolvanen? Why don't they try him as the 6 forward they are looking to have to trade for?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Whats the deal with Tolvanen? Why don't they try him as the 6 forward they are looking to have to trade for?

He's not ready yet and we're looking to win a cup now. He's still just 19 and we like to take our time with our prospects. I don't think we'd be interested in dealing him for just any forward though. Stone or/and Duchene makes the most sense, most anybody else I don't see us moving him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He's just not ready yet. He needs to gain strength, round out his game. He's only 19 after all. And it's not like we're DESPERATE for a top-6 winger. Fiala got 23 goals, Smith got 25 there last year, and are doing ok this year. We don't need just anybody off the street. But there seem to be a number of top-6-ready wingers on the market and we would at least be interested in changing up the look there on the 2nd line. Tolvanen is not an upgrade at this point. Doesn't mean he isn't a nice prospect.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
It’s got to be stone. He’d look great in their top 6 too. High possibility he would resign too. Preds have a stacked team.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'd go after a package of either

Duchene or Stone + Dzingel

or

Hayes + Zuc

Available trade assets: Fabbro, Tolvanen, Allard, 2019 1st, Fiala (if extensions are involved), Hartman

Reactions: cheech70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad