Proposal: Nashville-Edmonton

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
you don't need help with that for sure.

Last year, Bonino was every bit as equal to Duchene, I don't know how you could argue otherwise and given the icetime each got, I'd say he was easily better.

Is he as equally talented? No. Does he have the same skill level? No. But last year, he performed every bit on the same level.

Rare is the post where I defend Duchene, but...

Bonino was on a Stanley Cup winning team and played behind currently the best Center tandem in the league.

Duchene played on the worst team in the league. Possibly the worst team that has been in the NHL in 20 years. And that's coming from a long time Oiler fan. He had a terrible, terrible year. He still managed to get more points than Bonino. Are you really going to compare the two?

If you put Bonino in Duchene's position last year I bet he doesn't break 20 points. He'd crumble like he was made of graham crackers.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Rare is the post where I defend Duchene, but...

Bonino was on a Stanley Cup winning team and played behind currently the best Center tandem in the league.

Duchene played on the worst team in the league. Possibly the worst team that has been in the NHL in 20 years. And that's coming from a long time Oiler fan. He had a terrible, terrible year. He still managed to get more points than Bonino. Are you really going to compare the two?

If you put Bonino in Duchene's position last year I bet he doesn't break 20 points. He'd crumble like he was made of graham crackers.

Maybe he would, I'm trying to think of another player that has dropped 20 points in one season because his team was really bad. Can you give me an example?

Colorado was bad no doubt, but Duchene not producing was one of the reasons they were bad. I like Duchene, he's very talented but he's getting a huge pass for last season where, you're correct he barely put up better numbers than a 3rd line center playing behind 2 of the best in the league. He should have put up better numbers, he played 2 minutes a game more, including more powerplay time.

Look, I'm not saying Bonino is as good as Duchene, I'm saying he was last season, and the results show that to be the case. It's not pimping Bonino, it's showing how bad Duchene was last season. The difference between the 2 players should be more than 4 measly assist, since they tied with 18 goals.....

I like Duchene, I want him to sign in Nashville, but I'm not just going to write off last season because well, Colorado was bad....

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Maybe he would, I'm trying to think of another player that has dropped 20 points in one season because his team was really bad. Can you give me an example?

Colorado was bad no doubt, but Duchene not producing was one of the reasons they were bad. I like Duchene, he's very talented but he's getting a huge pass for last season where, you're correct he barely put up better numbers than a 3rd line center playing behind 2 of the best in the league. He should have put up better numbers, he played 2 minutes a game more, including more powerplay time.

Look, I'm not saying Bonino is as good as Duchene, I'm saying he was last season, and the results show that to be the case. It's not pimping Bonino, it's showing how bad Duchene was last season. The difference between the 2 players should be more than 4 measly assist, since they tied with 18 goals.....

I like Duchene, I want him to sign in Nashville, but I'm not just going to write off last season because well, Colorado was bad....

Landenskog had 53 points the year before last and only 33 last year. Hey and hes on that same terrible team wait a minute soderberg went from 51 points to 14 last year, Barrie dropped 11 points. Seems to me that almost every players besides MacKinnon dropped in point production last year. So did everybody on Colorado just all of sudden fall off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad