Proposal: Nashville-Edmonton

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Actually a decent trade value for both sides. Not sure about the cap situation for the Preds. Oilers might need to retain or accept a dump which reduces the need to make this trade.

Zero chance Oilers are retaining on Nuge unless the player coming back is on sweetheart deal (like ELC) and Oilers probably won't take a non UFA/RFA cap dump either. The whole purpose is to gain cap space. If a replacement 3C plus Nuge "retain" cost nearly $6M then what's the point?

I suspect next offseason he will be traded for futures like previous "overpaid" Oilers like Petry and Schultz were.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
15 mil to sign strome,maroon,nurse and 7 other players.
in 2 years puljujarvi and Talbot get massive raises.

Edmonton can't afford to pay their #3C 6 mil when Mcdavid starts getting 12.5

Maroon has only produced because of mcdavid. He shouldn't be resigned. Plug any plug there and they will get the same results. If anything, put rnh beside mcdavid, then he will be worth his 6 million. Also, isn't broissot supposed to be the goalie of the future in Edmonton? My guess is he plays 20-25 games next season and then upwards of about 40 the next.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
no to the first deal. Yes to the second.

Why do I take the 2nd deal?
Jamrock is signed for 2 mill for 5 years and for me fits in perfectly as a 3rd/4th line centre. and I think the oilers need one more D prospect--we were so dry for awhile that we may get greedy. Oiler fans may not like giving up Juhair--but I am not sold on him and I think we could get someone to do that job on the open market

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Maroon has only produced because of mcdavid. He shouldn't be resigned. Plug any plug there and they will get the same results. If anything, put rnh beside mcdavid, then he will be worth his 6 million

I am not so sure of that. Some players complement McDavid better than others and it's not just a matter of skill (not to suggest RNH has an overwhelming amount of skill).

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Yeah, not many people would want him at 4m a year after the season he had last year.

Although, it doesn't seem to affect Duchene's value.

Its not really based on last year. Its more the last 4 years. Smith has got worse every year 52 44 37 then last year got 29 points. Duchene 70 55 59 then last year 41 makes it look like he just had a down year on a terrible team. When he had a good coach (roy) he was doing pretty good. Put him on the preds and lavy system he gets back to 55-70 point range

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Its not really based on last year. Its more the last 4 years. Smith has got worse every year 52 44 37 then last year got 29 points. Duchene 70 55 59 then last year 41 makes it look like he just had a down year on a terrible team. When he had a good coach (roy) he was doing pretty good

It's also what Smith brings and his streakiness. Smith usually scores a lot during low pressure situations, and Smith outside of scoring does not bring anything. Smith is a great possession player but his actual defensive game is poor. Like wise RNH is a very poor possession player and against elite competition he is not good defensively, but against weaker opponents RNH's defense game stands out very well (And it's not as easy as it seems, as Smith faces super easy competition and still struggles defensively, and the list goes on for a lot of other players).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah, not many people would want him at 4m a year after the season he had last year.

Although, it doesn't seem to affect Duchene's value.

That's because Duchene is still a top line player. Lots of top line players have had a down year. Smith was at best a 2nd liner, and has at times played like he should be in the press box. It is a horrid comparison.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's also what Smith brings and his streakiness. Smith usually scores a lot during low pressure situations, and Smith outside of scoring does not bring anything. Smith is a great possession player but his actual defensive game is poor. Like wise RNH is a very poor possession player and against elite competition he is not good defensively, but against weaker opponents RNH's defense game stands out very well (And it's not as easy as it seems, as Smith faces super easy competition and still struggles defensively, and the list goes on for a lot of other players).

That's not true. He did a great job of shutting down the Sharks in the playoffs. Getzlaf went beast mode and outclassed Nuge, but I don't know if anyone in the world could have contained Getzlaf the way he played against the Oilers. He was dominant. One series of beast mode Getzlaf doesn't make Nuge poor "against elite competition".

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I have zero interest in any deal that has Craig Smith as the centrepiece. I wouldn't mind the Jarnkrok deal though.

Craig smith is not the ever the center piece of a trade. Always a cap dump. He has skills and maybe a change of scenery will get him back going. Or hopefully he gets back into form this year

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Edmonton can't afford to pay their #3C 6 mil when Mcdavid starts getting 12.5

So then we'll worry about it when that contract actually kicks in. We're a better team with Nuge than with Smith/Jarnkrok replacing him. I'm more concerned with winning games. Not to mention McLellan likes lineup flexibility. Nuge can play 2C or 3C and adapt to the role asked of him.

He'll still hold as much, if not more value at season's end (assuming a bit of a bounce back occurs). A team like Vegas is going to realize how overmatched they are down the middle this year. With all those picks they've acquired, I could see a package of Haula + picks to land Nuge.

Either way, zero reason to move Nuge now unless it helps us now.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
That's not true. He did a great job of shutting down the Sharks in the playoffs. Getzlaf went beast mode and outclassed Nuge, but I don't know if anyone in the world could have contained Getzlaf the way he played against the Oilers. He was dominant. One series of beast mode Getzlaf doesn't make Nuge poor "against elite competition".

Besides 1 game Subban and ekholm did a pretty good job shutting him down

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Besides 1 game Subban and ekholm did a pretty good job shutting him down

I watched both series and Getzlaf definitely seemed more tired and less effective in round 3 than against the Oilers. Nevertheless RNH failed against Getzlaf, and Subban and Ekholm probably would have still done very well shutting down Getzlaf only not as effective as they were in the Finals had they faced the Oilers version Getzlaf.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
That's because Duchene is still a top line player. Lots of top line players have had a down year. Smith was at best a 2nd liner, and has at times played like he should be in the press box. It is a horrid comparison.
Good thing I didn't compare the too.

Also, to GeauxPreds1.

I don't buy that Duchene will ever be a 70 point player again, or the notion that Roy was a good coach.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
2 guys instead of one, and Subban and Ekholm weren't dragging around a useless turd like Eberle, as Nuge's line was for most of that series until Eberle started getting benched.

I wasnt saying anything about the oiler players not shutting him down. I was just making a point to" nobody in the would could of shut him down comment" that subban and ekholm pretty much shut him down

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I wasnt saying anything about the oiler players not shutting him down. I was just making a point to" nobody in the would could of shut him down comment" that subban and ekholm pretty much shut him down

It's not really relevant since neither Subban or Ekholm play C position

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Good thing I didn't compare the too.

Also, to GeauxPreds1.

I don't buy that Duchene will ever be a 70 point player again, or the notion that Roy was a good coach.

112- 2014 won jack adams
90- 2015
82-2016 fired
This year 48 points hmmm nah roy is not a good coach

And you have your opinions i have mine. And i think in the right situation he might can hit 70 points again but definitely 60. Ive been watching him almost his whole career and he hasnt lost any of skills or speed. I dont see your argument of 1 down year= falling off. Did you want trade forsberg when he only had 3 goals going into December? If it wasnt for his insanely great month of February he wouldnt of had many more point than duchene.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Please stop. You are making Preds fans look foolish. The two aren't comparable in what they bring to a team.

you don't need help with that for sure.

Last year, Bonino was every bit as equal to Duchene, I don't know how you could argue otherwise and given the icetime each got, I'd say he was easily better.

Is he as equally talented? No. Does he have the same skill level? No. But last year, he performed every bit on the same level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad