Confirmed with Link: Nashville buys out Turris

Should Nashville just buy-out Kyle Turris?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 12, 2007
Look up Yasmany Tomas, lol. AZ D’backs have been paying him 4-5 mil Per year for 4-5 years to play at AAA. A horrendous Cuba signing. He can hit a few HR’s, but he must be awful in every other aspect of life.

Jul 12, 2007
Remember when the wives of Turris, Hoffman, Karlsson, in OTT, were making fun of each others’ miscarriages, trying to kill each other, and so on ?
Of course it was a brilliant idea to import that to Nashville.
Gotta wonder about Poile.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Remember when the wives of Turris, Hoffman, Karlsson, in OTT, were making fun of each others’ miscarriages, trying to kill each other, and so on ?
Of course it was a brilliant idea to import that to Nashville.
Gotta wonder about Poile.

You should probably go read up on the actual situation. Judging from your post you are terribly misinformed.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Well, I'll miss those wide open roof shots of his that somehow end up hitting the net ... the netting above the high glass that is.

Reactions: hido

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
That buyout certainly hurts but I get it that there were no suitors for him even if we were retaining. You see guys like Staal who had a year left and they had to pay a 2nd.

Also, evidently there's not much faith in Turris around the league.

Reactions: preds1

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wish I could take Poile's words at face value here. I don't think there's any way, with an unlimited budget, that he trades Bonino and buys out Turris unless he truly has a plan to spend money in free agency.

Going down this buyout path at the last possible second would normally signify that he really has a plan for that $4M in extra cap space. It's no wonder the other GMs weren't rushing to help him out. Now anybody who is interested in Turris at all can sign him for 1 or 2 years at less than half the cap hit. Poile ran out of time and nobody blinked.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
All the GMs talk and Poile has been trying to unload Turris and his contract for over a year (maybe even two). No amount of time was going to fix it. This was just a trade and long term contract that blew up in Poile's face.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
All the GMs talk and Poile has been trying to unload Turris and his contract for over a year (maybe even two). No amount of time was going to fix it. This was just a trade and long term contract that blew up in Poile's face.
There was some serious buyer's remorse there. The seeming unwillingness to make it work, or rehabilitate his value, for such a long span of time really does beg the question of what else may have been going on beside on-ice performance.

Reactions: OldFan

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There was some serious buyer's remorse there. The seeming unwillingness to make it work, or rehabilitate his value, for such a long span of time really does beg the question of what else may have been going on beside on-ice performance.
I mean, Turris never quite came out and looked explicitly like he was disgruntled or pouting, in terms of interviews or things like that. But on the ice... the way he just seemed incapable of doing anything outside of his comfort zone really makes me wonder if he was at least a little bit internally pout-y about things at times. Doing a good job of hiding it on the publicity front. But still not really finding a way to fit in when he got bumped from his plum #2C spot.
:dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Turris has a history of being a difficult person off the ice so that wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world..

Reactions: White Death 24

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
No idea what the deal was, but he was a guy who should've been in the prime years of his career, got top-line minutes often enough, was getting paid $6M, and who delivered offense like a $3M bottom six JAG.

Reactions: preds1 and Enoch
Jul 12, 2007
You should probably go read up on the actual situation. Judging from your post you are terribly misinformed.
Are you one of the wives ? You seem very invested in the whole thing. My post wasn’t a legal document for court ..... it was a humorous take on WTH may be wrong with Turris. But you may be our special fact checker, I guess.

Jul 12, 2007
No idea what the deal was, but he was a guy who should've been in the prime years of his career, got top-line minutes often enough, was getting paid $6M, and who delivered offense like a $3M bottom six JAG.
He’s just a guy with a lot of talent who squandered it after making the big leagues. Happens all the time, in all sports. JaMarcus Russell, anyone ?

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
He’s just a guy with a lot of talent who squandered it after making the big leagues. Happens all the time, in all sports. JaMarcus Russell, anyone ?
Not a good analogy. JaMarcus Russell wasted 3 seasons in the NFL and never saw another contract. Turris wasn't worth a long-term $6M/yr. contract, but he wasn't sniffing-glue-in-the-film-room bad.

Jul 12, 2007
Not a good analogy. JaMarcus Russell wasted 3 seasons in the NFL and never saw another contract. Turris wasn't worth a long-term $6M/yr. contract, but he wasn't sniffing-glue-in-the-film-room bad.
Lol, yeah JaMarcus was sort of a prodigy, up there with Marinovich and Leaf. Turris is more like Ricky Williams. Though old Ganja Ricky had some impressive career numbers.

Jul 12, 2007
Alexander Daigle and Pat Falloon come to mind. They even had to come up with a new name for the latter ...... Fat Balloon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad