GDT: Nashville at Pittsburgh Mon April 15 @7pm edt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
So I guess Jarry doesn’t instill confidence in the players, as I suspected…why did we resign him to a 5 year contract again? They better be able to move him in the offseason…

:scared: omfg. Crosby sounds like an exact carbon copy of Sullivan.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
If Harkins is ever going to score, the time is now!!

Let’s go Pens! Keep the dream alive for one more game!

Edit*
Isn’t this almost exactly where we were last year? Well almost.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Harkins/Carter/WhatshisSwede might be one of the worst L4s I've ever seen come through here. And I've seen some real winners.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Calling it tonight. Harkins with 2 goals. :naughty::sarcasm::nod:
IMG_2295.gif

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
So I guess Jarry doesn’t instill confidence in the players, as I suspected…why did we resign him to a 5 year contract again? They better be able to move him in the offseason…

My favorite aspect of Ned is that he's not a head case. He lets a goal in, he gets back to his game. Short memory. Jarry just melts and collapses, starts traveling 10' out of the f***ing net, he reminds me of Fleury. That's the confidence Sid is probably talking about.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is precisely the thing I go on about at times.
When a goalie is failing to inspire confidence the team plays poorly.

Might not be fair. But jarry had a chance to seize the reigns and he failed to do so. We have to trade him away this summer
My favorite aspect of Ned is that he's not a head case. He lets a goal in, he gets back to his game. Short memory. Jarry just melts and collapses, starts traveling 10' out of the f***ing net, he reminds me of Fleury. That's the confidence Sid is probably talking about.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...ive-lapses-mike-sullivan/stories/202404080145

It really shouldn't be about goalies confidence when you expose them as regularly as the Pens do. It shouldn't come down to Ned playing well above his expected and still leaks goals to the tune of taking most games to OT/SO.

The Pens have a lack of paying attention to details and an astounding lack of puck possession while having the puck on their stick. It really shouldn't have to get to the goalie's shoulders to rely on so much/many high danger coverups.

It's truly a horrible team. I'd prefer they just tanked, but they decided to finally put forth effort too late and cost themselves a top 10 pick. They won't sniff a top 10 next year.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Jarry was the best goaltender available in free agency. Remember, no major trades involving goalies really materialized. So your options were:

1. Jarry
2. Frederik Andersen, who has an injury history and then developed blood clot issues this year.
3. Joonas Korpisalo, who has been awful in Ottawa.
4. Semyon Varlamov, who stayed with the Isles
5. Backups like David Rittich and Laurent Brassoit, who don't play more than 20-25 games per year
6. Marginal goalies like Antti Raanta, MacKenzie Blackwood,

Was the deal too long and too rich? Sure. I think we all said that at the time. Jarry had the leverage.

As far as the confidence thing, I think that's new. It seems like Jarry has been responsible for more deflating goals allowed this year than he has in the past, even though that was always a weakness. He's really come up short this year, so much so that it's hard to believe he's also posted six shutouts.
Anchoring yourself to a mediocre goalie like Jarry was, and always will be, a dumb decision. Just sign anyone else for 1 year. Anyone. Martin Jones, Cam Talbot, Keith Kinkaid, who cares? Would be be looking at the playoffs from the outside like we are now? The only reason we even have a remote shot at playoffs is because Jarry got benched for one of those mediocre UFAs that were available.

Signing Jarry was always a stupid decision. I will die on this hill.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I'm more worried about Letang and Karlsson than Harkins....

If those 2 continue to play braindead hockey, it won't matter if Harkins gets a hatty tonight...

Reactions: vodeni

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We’re not trying to win tonight, if you are you don’t play a guy that’s scored 0 goals. I’ll be able to watch the 3rd, hopefully it’s not 5-0 Preds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad