f0b3798163cefe3a0bf7350eaf860b2b_w200.gif
Look at the record differences, then look at these stats:

Screenshot_20240415_100442_Chrome.jpg

Let's
Go
Pens!

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
So I guess Jarry doesn’t instill confidence in the players, as I suspected…why did we resign him to a 5 year contract again? They better be able to move him in the offseason…

Jarry was the best goaltender available in free agency. Remember, no major trades involving goalies really materialized. So your options were:

1. Jarry
2. Frederik Andersen, who has an injury history and then developed blood clot issues this year.
3. Joonas Korpisalo, who has been awful in Ottawa.
4. Semyon Varlamov, who stayed with the Isles
5. Backups like David Rittich and Laurent Brassoit, who don't play more than 20-25 games per year
6. Marginal goalies like Antti Raanta, MacKenzie Blackwood,

Was the deal too long and too rich? Sure. I think we all said that at the time. Jarry had the leverage.

As far as the confidence thing, I think that's new. It seems like Jarry has been responsible for more deflating goals allowed this year than he has in the past, even though that was always a weakness. He's really come up short this year, so much so that it's hard to believe he's also posted six shutouts.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jarry was the best goaltender available in free agency. Remember, no major trades involving goalies really materialized. So your options were:

1. Jarry
2. Frederik Andersen, who has an injury history and then developed blood clot issues this year.
5. Backups like David Rittich and Laurent Brassoit, who don't play more than 20-25 games per year

Was the deal too long and too rich? Sure. I think we all said that at the time. Jarry had the leverage.

As far as the confidence thing, I think that's new. It seems like Jarry has been responsible for more deflating goals allowed this year than he has in the past, even though that was always a weakness. He's really come up short this year, so much so that it's hard to believe he's also posted six shutouts.

I still think signing a shorter term goalie who could split half the games with Ned, was the way to go… goalie position being voodoo and all

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I still think signing a shorter term goalie who could split half the games with Ned, was the way to go… goalie position being voodoo and all
You have to remember that Ned was a big question mark coming in, too. He played 15 NHL games last year, had an .895 save percentage and gave up 3.53 goals per game. The year prior, he played 59 and was still just .901 and 3.31.

For all his flaws, Jarry has much better career stats than Ned, even after this past season.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
You have to remember that Ned was a big question mark coming in, too. He played 15 NHL games last year, had an .895 save percentage and gave up 3.53 goals per game. The year prior, he played 59 and was still just .901 and 3.31.

For all his flaws, Jarry has much better career stats than Ned, even after this past season.
Yeah, it's some serious revisionist history. Ned was trash in Detroit and spent most of last season in the AHL. And really, his numbers this year are basically the same as Jarry's - he's just getting more offensive support. Neither is a great choice right now.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

1. Jarry

Yep unless we could have swung for a Hellybuck trade or got a cheap trade with Gibson there was not much out there for us.

I do think Jarry is tradable and a Ned + Blomqvist duo could give us some cap.

Don't want to make a game day thread about all my cap thoughts

Smith traded for something we can even retain for better value.

Jarry can be traded

Graves can be traded for cap.

Dubas has to make moves for us this summer. Hopefully he is active.

Anyways let's keep riding Ned.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Harkins should not be playing another game for this team. Bemstrom, Zohorna, and Puljujarvi are significantly better 4th line wings for us at this juncture. You simply can NOT put a zero goal wing into an important game if the goal is to win.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are still in the hunt but the loss really placed the prospects of getting too slim. Pens are in 13rh place if they miss the playoffs and unless they get some lottery luck, the pick goes to San Jose. I actually prefer picking this year as Dubas will move assets next off season for picks and prospects.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Harkins should not be playing another game for this team. Bemstrom, Zohorna, and Puljujarvi are significantly better 4th line wings for us at this juncture. You simply can NOT put a zero goal wing into an important game if the goal is to win.

I was a major Hino fan. He hasn't seen the NHL for the past 3 months...unreal

Reactions: Grouch

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I have no idea what Sullivan is smoking.
Puljuvjarvi is way better than Harkins.

2 points is a must.

No matter how.
Agreed. 2 points or game 82 is the last game of the season.
I was a major Hino fan. He hasn't seen the NHL for the past 3 months...unreal
Yea no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad