GDT: Nashville at Pittsburgh Mon April 15 @7pm edt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
YARN | I am the angel of death. The time of purification is at hand. | The  Simpsons (1989) - S04E07 Comedy | Video gifs by quotes | 21c8bb70 | 紗

can we have a pool, dad? — I am the angel of death. The time of purification ...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're eliminated if we lose in regulation tonight by virtue of the fact that Washington and Philly play each other meaning one of those teams is guaranteed to finish with at worst 89 points. If we lose tonight in regulation the best we can hope for is 88.

We have slight hope if we lost in OT as if we were to do that we could then beat the Islanders to still get to 89 points. Us getting in under that scenario would require the Caps and Wings to go 1-1 in their final two games as they'd both end up at 89 points as well but we have tiebreakers on both of them. If we win at least one of our final two games in regulation we would also be guaranteed to have tiebreakers with Philly.

If we win in regulation, obviously that's the best result. We're still f***ed unless both the Caps and Wings lose (in any fashion) one of their remaining two games.

There is a scenario where the Isles can still miss. If the Devils beat them tonight in regulation and then either the Caps or Wings go 1-1 in their final two games and we go 2-0, we'd be in ahead of the Islanders as we've had the tiebreaker on them, and whichever of the Caps/Wings went 1-1 would be eliminated along with the Flyers who can only get to 89 points.

Blah blah blah blah just win tonight and pray for some standings help.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Lol it’s “Fan Appreciation Night” tonight. :eyeroll:

Will they fire Sullivan at centre ice before the game?? :laugh:

As that’s pretty much the only way they could show their appreciation to the folks who are spending/wasting hard earned money and time on these scrubs….

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Seeing how the Titanic sunk 112 years ago this morning, I find it poetically fitting that our season will most likely end tonight too.

Interesting corollary:

The Captain of the SS Penguin (Mike Sullivan) also ignored all warning signs of his glorious job and did the impossible: sink the unsinkable.

Emphasis mine below

According to Mr. Cooper, the author of a book on Captain Edward Smith, Smith was not ignoring the ice warnings; he was simply not reacting to them. Ice warnings were just warnings that a ship sent saying that they had seen ice at a certain location (Kasprzak, 2012).

Captain Smith's Decisions - Titanic: The Whole Iceberg
weebly.com
Titanic: The Whole Iceberg › captain-smiths-d...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Interesting corollary:

The Captain of the SS Penguin (Mike Sullivan) also ignored all warning signs of his glorious job and did the impossible: sink the unsinkable.

Emphasis mine below

According to Mr. Cooper, the author of a book on Captain Edward Smith, Smith was not ignoring the ice warnings; he was simply not reacting to them. Ice warnings were just warnings that a ship sent saying that they had seen ice at a certain location (Kasprzak, 2012).

Captain Smith's Decisions - Titanic: The Whole Iceberg
weebly.com
Titanic: The Whole Iceberg › captain-smiths-d...

White Star Line: “God himself could not sink this ship…”

Mike Sullivan: “Jeff Carter is a legit NHL star….”

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens will win tonight convincingly! Probably by 3 or 4 goals, just watch!

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So I guess Jarry doesn’t instill confidence in the players, as I suspected…why did we resign him to a 5 year contract again? They better be able to move him in the offseason…

This is precisely the thing I go on about at times.
When a goalie is failing to inspire confidence the team plays poorly.

Might not be fair. But jarry had a chance to seize the reigns and he failed to do so. We have to trade him away this summer

Reactions: Andy99

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
JFC

Looks like Harkins is in the lineup.

That motherf***er better bring everything he's got as hits and a forecheck go, cause we all know he ain't scoring.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I want this team to lose now that they immediately reinserted Harkins. Absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad