GDT: NAS-CAR: Get your Bacitracin ready, because we'll have road rash after this one.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
A blind man can read the room better than Rod. I don’t get his obsession with not pulling a goaltender. Every save Raanta was making was an adventure. We were lucky to even get a point with him.
Given the state of things he's probably terrified to overtax and increase the risk of injury on Koch. We'd be beyond doomed at that point.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If RBA is going to continue to run 2 D in OT, I’d much rather have TDA out there with Slavin over Burns at this point. Burns is just too slow.

I mean, putting the two oldest and slowest players on the team out for 3 on 3 is very suspect. I get that Staal is there to win the faceoff, but if he doesn't, well...

Why do we rarely score in 3rd period?

Because we're trying to defend the lead, which doesn't work, but...

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Coach has got to say that...it's obvious it was on him, everyone knows it ESPECIALLY Raanta...but you can't kick him while he's down there.

It's not just on him but I agree Rod ain't that guy and Raanta has earned that. The team should know what they have in goal at this point. When they went up by two it was time to switch from fast and loose to locking it down defensively. I saw a lot of lazy coverage all night. Raanta is obviously not going to get it done at this point. Especially when they have nights like tonight where they match a teams track meet.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
they are grown ass men playing a game for millions, f' their feelings sometimes.
This is probably why you're not a coach. It's a long season and you've got to get everything you can out of these guys.

Points matter. 2 is better than 1, but 1 is better than 0, and it's a Western Conference opponent. Take your point, move on.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It’d be cool if Andersen was able to come back but the plan can’t be to wait around for him. Lankinen didn’t play much better than raanta so maybe that’s not an option to consider but they’ve got to do something. It’s great how well they’ve been able to tread water but that can’t be the strategy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad