GDT: NAS-CAR: Get your Bacitracin ready, because we'll have road rash after this one.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
While we are having a bad year, we aren’t having bad year(s) while saddled with bad contracts too.
I think this is super important. It's bad contracts that kill a team's long term prospects deader then anything else.

This team will spend to the cap every year, while at the same time being careful to avoid boat anchor contracts. That will always give us a chance to win -- even this year, when it feels like all the luck is going against us right now.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
additionally, before this season Raanta has 2 seasons worth of backup workload here where he was more than adequate and in some instances flat out good. Darling showed nothing here after showing up to training camp overweight and out of shape, not to mention the other issues including falling off the wagon. Rants has none of that going against him, his biggest problem is that he's just broken down at this point and the team has no 4th goalie that can be trusted to even give us the second game of back-to-back situations right now. We need to trade for said 4th goalie and at the least put Raanta on the IR for a bit while he recovers from whatever lower body mess he has going on. His lateral movement was... I mean shit we might as well have had me in net last night, you all saw it.
I'd like to see you get a start for the Canes.

We can have a catered Hfwatch party.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
This is probably why you're not a coach. It's a long season and you've got to get everything you can out of these guys.
I can think of a 100 other reasons
Points matter. 2 is better than 1, but 1 is better than 0, and it's a Western Conference opponent. Take your point, move on.
We got 1 point out of the last 5 western teams played.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I think this is super important. It's bad contracts that kill a team's long term prospects deader then anything else.

This team will spend to the cap every year, while at the same time being careful to avoid boat anchor contracts. That will always give us a chance to win -- even this year, when it feels like all the luck is going against us right now.

Bah, you can always get rid of bad cap contracts. It only cost the Leafs a Jarvis and the Hawks a Turbo. Uh, hold on a sec . . .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
5 minutes in this would be the main board reaction:

That’s what they said about Ayres after the first 2 goals against though. After that he was:

1702750687701.jpeg

We wouldn’t write you off either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad