Speculation: Name the players on your team who are likely to be available by the deadline? And what do you think you'll get in return?

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Tbe OP title should read: Let everyone know what you think you should get for your rentals so everyone can ridicule you!
Almost all hockey fans overestimate the performance of their teams players and especially the value of a draft pick....The draft, after the second round (and even then) is a lot like gambling.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Sharks:
Granlund: a 2nd
Ferraro: a first or a 2nd plus prospect
Hoffman: a ham sandwich
Kahkonen or Blackwood: a 3rd
Barabanov: a 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th
Nico Sturm: a 4th
Duclair: jeez
🥪 to Kalamazoo

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Pearson and Armia have 0 value, maybe Pearson retained at 50 for a 7th rounder.

Savard = 3rd round pick

Monahan = 2nd rounder + a low ceiling prospect

Highly unlikely anyone trades their 1st for Monahan. They might as well be going for Lindholm (despite the lower point totals he’s the better player).
we will see with Monahan, I've watched enough trade deadlines to know we most definitely can get a late 1st for him. Overpayments happen EVERY year

Reactions: Nevins

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Sabres:

Erik Johnson-He won a cup so, three first round picks.
Victor Olofsson- idk a 5th?
Zemgus Girgensons- a 4th?
Jordan Greenway- Popped up in rumor mill, one more year left. Prefer to resign. they won't let him go for less than acquired though 2nd+5th
Casey Mittelstadt-Another resign potential. Will need to be a player swap doubt they bother with picks.
Peyton Krebs-Value probably isn't worth moving on from.
Matt Ellis-Please take our assistant coach for a free 6th round pick.
Prospects, all the prospects. Come get some (bad teams who need to rebuild).
Adams and Granato come as bonus. Blue not for sale.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
from the looks of it, I wouldn't expect yzerman to do anything at the deadline but maybe taking on cap for picks or something (even though we have little cap room but still).

The only thing I want is either husso comes back from injury and is a revelation, or we trade reimer and husso out to where-ever and bring in markstrom/saros/vejmelka to be a 1a/1b option with lyon. Throw in maatta to get edvinsson up is perfectly fine with me.

Trading the assets it would take to acquire those guys as a "1B" is funny.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
:nashville

Definitely available:
Tyson Barrie, RD (7th round pick? - retention possible; he wants out)

Probably available:
Yakov Trenin, LW (2nd round pick? - impending UFA)
Dante Fabbro, RD (2nd-4th round pick? - better player than the Preds seem to think)

Possibly available but not too likely to move:
Kiefer Sherwood, LW/RW (7th round pick? - fringe energy winger)
Michael McCarron, C (7th round pick? big 4th liner - not worth trading him cheaply)
Thomas Novak, C (2nd round pick? - prefer to re-sign him instead if possible)
Denis Gurianov, RW (free/waiver wire fodder)
Kevin Lankinen, G (5th round pick? - probably Preds would rather just keep him so Askarov can keep playing in Milwaukee)

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
we will see with Monahan, I've watched enough trade deadlines to know we most definitely can get a late 1st for him. Overpayments happen EVERY year
Well, they could get a 1st, but I do think it's always risky to loudly proclaim the hoped-for return.

I expect a 2nd, while still hoping for a first.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think the Flyers will be able to get a 2nd + for Sean Walker.

I think they'll try to move Cam Atkinson with retention, but I don't think they will get any bites on him until 2025 Deadline.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Blackhawks:

N. Zaitsev
C. Murphy (w/retention)
C. Blackwell
T. Raddysh
B. Katchouk
T. Johnson
R. Donato

Maybe a few later round picks. They're not worth much.

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
For the Blues
Options:
1. You can have Vrana at No Charge.
2. Kappy, Free if you follow thru on Option 1.
3. Scandella, Free if you follow thru on Option 2.
4. Scott Perunovich Free if you take over his health care plan and follow thru on Option 1
5 T. Krug, Free if his wife agrees to waive that NTC and move out of Pietrangelo's former house we can also throw in the first 4 options at no charge....

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'll try Isles. Note this is who I'd make available, not who may be available.

Available, worth talking about:
- Brock Nelson

Available, marginal value:
- Cal Clutterbuck
- Matt Martin (he's still an enforcer who won't hurt a team to dress when necessary)

Available, negative value:
- Kyle Palmieri

I don't think NYI will deal Anders Lee (his contract is too much of a negative, and he's worth more to NYI than it'd cost them to move out).

I don't think it's worth paying to send out JGP (He's had an awful year, but he still skates fine, and wins draws.)

Varlamov has a full NTC for this year and next.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Lindholm will be far more expensive to get than Monahan. Also with many teams thinking they have a real shot at the cup, once Lindholm is gone then Monahan becomes the next best option.

Who knows what the value is but I bet it will be good for The Habs. If it is just low ball offers then I would hope they just resign him. He is playing well and seems to enjoy Montreal. The Habs are quite young and could use these big brother type guys...I still think letting Perry go was a big mistake

I'll take henrique over monahan any day.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
:nashville

Definitely available:
Tyson Barrie, RD (7th round pick? - retention possible; he wants out)

Probably available:
Yakov Trenin, LW (2nd round pick? - impending UFA)
Dante Fabbro, RD (2nd-4th round pick? - better player than the Preds seem to think)

Possibly available but not too likely to move:
Kiefer Sherwood, LW/RW (7th round pick? - fringe energy winger)
Michael McCarron, C (7th round pick? big 4th liner - not worth trading him cheaply)
Thomas Novak, C (2nd round pick? - prefer to re-sign him instead if possible)
Denis Gurianov, RW (free/waiver wire fodder)
Kevin Lankinen, G (5th round pick? - probably Preds would rather just keep him so Askarov can keep playing in Milwaukee)

Novak only for a 2? Is he a true C?

Blackhawks:
  • Connor Murphy w/retention- 2nd or 3rd rd pick
  • Tyler Johnson- 6th rd pick
  • Open to take on cap hits for picks

Connor Murphy would be interesting for a few teams.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
All Caps fans seemingly want to sell and we could retain in some cases - Kuznetsov, Mantha, one of TVR or Jensen, Edmundson
I want to sell - Kemper, Strome
I don't want to sell - Lindgren
We probably should sell - Oshie, Dowd, Carlson, Pacioretty

Quite the haul - embrace the tank
Sell Strome? No chance. He’s their best center and on a terrific deal. Wouldn’t be worth the return since they’re not going to find a better player on a better contract.

Kuemper, Jensen, TvR, Edmundson, Aube-Kubel, Pacioretty, and Mantha are probably the most likely to be dealt and most available. Dowd may be available for an overpayment.

I don’t think they trade Oshie or Carlson. Kuznetsov they’d love to sell but he’s ass and no one will take him even for free.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Sell Strome? No chance. He’s their best center and on a terrific deal. Wouldn’t be worth the return since they’re not going to find a better player on a better contract.
Exactly. He has been fantastic this year and could net some serious assets. He is a very good 2C on a cup contender and by the time we are competitive, he won't be. Sell high, find something in FA like Duchene short term, run Protas and CMM down the middle. Embrace the suck, rebuild properly as fast as possible.

As I stated, that is what I would do. It's not for everybody.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Well, they could get a 1st, but I do think it's always risky to loudly proclaim the hoped-for return.

I expect a 2nd, while still hoping for a first.
fair enough, it's 100% they get a first obviously. But some teams need that added depth for a cup run and that late 1st's seem to be overrated imo.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Novak only for a 2? Is he a true C?

Yes, he's a true C... well... depends on a given team/coach's preferences though... he's not good defensively. But Preds have used him at C. He's creative and good offensively as a center. He's almost completely non-physical. Some teams might not trust him at center as much as the Preds have so far? :dunno:

I figure if the Preds can't get him signed to an extension then that means he is asking for a lot more money than he should get... hence the relatively low return suggested. He is a good offensive generator, but impending UFA, and while some guys who have broken out later in the game like him have gone on to have success, it's not entirely clear if he has plateaued or what upside and sustainability he is going to have. He started this season looking great, then after returning from injury hasn't kept up the same pace. I don't think asking for a 1st is justifiable given the risk and the contract status. Hence, 2nd. But I think more likely the Preds will be trying to get him to re-sign for something in a $2.5-4Mish range. If he/his agent thinks they can get more with his rather thin resume, well... might as well explore the trade market as lose him for nothing. :dunno:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Trading the assets it would take to acquire those guys as a "1B" is funny.
I'm glad you got to laugh today then. It helps, especially when you are feeling down.

I like how I agree with you almost completely and you still need to find a way to find a disagreement. I think that is pretty funny. I am glad you want to keep husso and reimer. I guess we can agree to disagree there. I'd much rather lyon and markstrom be our backstop, but hey, who am i right?

I know I know, you took my post and literally thought I was saying maatta was the sweetner, but I guess we both need to remember that taking it so literally without clarifying is a pretty smart way to go about it. But again, you want to find a disagreement just to do it. Love that about you schnookems.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Ottawa

Rental
Vlady - Late 1st or 2nd and a B prospect
Kubalik - Maybe a 2nd? Bumped to a 1st if we have to take salary back.

Thats it really.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- if im yzerman and cant sign pending ufa sprong now i move him for a prospect and bring bergman up to replace him . mean while sprong is having a sort of break out having become a very dangerous sniper while playing low minutes , to me would be very valuable 3 line depth on a cheap 2 mil contract which can be lessend by 50% , adding up to him being worth a solid but unspectacular prospect

- not a player , but im starting to think that yzerman might put his 2024 1st on the market for a player 26 or younger that would help both today and long term because this redwing roster is clickin and i dont doubt yzerman would love to get past the 1st round without spending futures . this pick now stands at 20th

EDIT - in the case of sprong i could see yzerman looking to add another dman prospect like gibson n buium = big physical stay at home guys . types a contender will move as have limited ceilings . but types yzerman wants guarding his net

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Keeping in mind I have very little faith in Conroy to get strong returns:

Lindholm: 2nd + Younger (23-25 Y/O) forward needing a change of scenery.
Hanifin: 2nd + conditional 2nd + Younger Dman needing a change of scenery. (More likely Flames re-sign him IMO).
Tanev: 3rd + 6th.
Markstrom: 3rd + Younger Goalie.
Vladar: Not Traded.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm glad you got to laugh today then. It helps, especially when you are feeling down.

I like how I agree with you almost completely and you still need to find a way to find a disagreement. I think that is pretty funny. I am glad you want to keep husso and reimer. I guess we can agree to disagree there. I'd much rather lyon and markstrom be our backstop, but hey, who am i right?

I know I know, you took my post and literally thought I was saying maatta was the sweetner, but I guess we both need to remember that taking it so literally without clarifying is a pretty smart way to go about it. But again, you want to find a disagreement just to do it. Love that about you schnookems.

I think it's funny that you interpreted my saying that we wouldn't pay for Markstrom/Saros/Vejmelka as the same thing as "We should keep Husso and/or Reimer".

Those two are not remotely close to the same thing.

I didn't even read as far as to see your part about Maatta lol.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think it's funny that you interpreted my saying that we wouldn't pay for Markstrom/Saros/Vejmelka as the same thing as "We should keep Husso and/or Reimer".

Those two are not remotely close to the same thing.

I didn't even read as far as to see your part about Maatta lol.
Where did I say we should keep husso and/or reimer?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
:wings

Active roster:
Sprong
Veleno
Maatta
Gostisbehere
Holl
Reimer
Kane (if the team is in no mans land by the end of February/early March)
Fabbri (if the team is in no mans land by the end of February/early March)

Prospects:
Berggren
Soderblom
Wallinder
Johansson
Hanas

Picks: any this year that don't belong to Ottawa

What Detroit could use is an upgrade to top 6 LW and top 4 LD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad