Name A Random Past Maple Leafs Player...

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Carter Ashton

Really had to eat crow with this guy. I was going to a lot of Marlies games at the time and loved watching him play.

0 goals in 54 NHL games. Is that good?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Gerry James... obscure and forgotten Leaf but an interesting story

He did something I am sure will never be repeated. He played in the Grey Cup game in the afternoon and in an NHL game for the Leafs later that same evening, November 30, 1957.

I can remember him from his last Leafs season, 1959-60. He was a marginal NHLer at best, though it was the original six, after all. Nobody else has ever played in the Grey Cup and the Stanley Cup finals, in the same season, as he did that year. But he was a top football player, winning four Grey Cups with the Blue Bombers and twice named Most Outstanding Canadian in the CFL.

The second of those two awards was presented on November 29, 1957. Quite the sports weekend!

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Zdenek Nedved-played for the Leafs in the mid '90s, scored an amazing goal in his 2nd game roofing the puck from in close, unfortunately he wasn't meant to be and since Nedved is a common Czeck name he wasn't related to Peter nor did he have any of Peter's talent.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Sergei Berezin - not a clueless floater, an exciting player who would score even though everyone knew what he was going do once the puck was on his stick, every career assist probably touched the goalie first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad