Player Discussion Nail Yakupov Talk II - Say something, I'm giving up on you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Unfortunately, I'm starting to think the org has something against him.

I have absolutely no evidence about anything, and I'm not going to speculate, but the fact that he has has to work so hard, to get even a whiff of what these other players are getting handed to them on a silver platter is strange.

Yak got 1 shift with Mcdavid and Eberle last game, and yes he turned it over, and unfortunately it led to a goal, but he was then banished from that line. Pouliot kills us with 2 penalties and lazy play all around, and is put right back into his spot with Ebs and Mcdavid.

Purcell has been playing like trash, and that line has slowed down as a whole, and yet instead of injecting someone with some energy like Yak, they just keep forcing something that isn't working at the moment.

I don't think Yak will ever become anything here, and I just can't figure out why. He just has such a short leash compared to everyone else, and nights like this make me realize what we could have had.

Instead we've got a kid who's had his confidence shattered, and has to fight for every second of icetime on a team that can't score to save their life.

Yep. This is the 4th game this year Pouliot has cost us with selfish stupid plays. When he's not deflecting pucks in his own net which he's also done 3 times. Pouliot with another garbage effort tonight. Gets an early assist then you never see him again.

Purcell just god awful once again tonight. Drai cycling the puck well, Purse and Hall turning it over. Drai doing all the work on that line, guys turning it over. half the time coming back in own zone Drai looked absolutely disgusted and for ample reason. I don't know that I've seen a good game out of Hall all of 2016 so far.

Meanwhile Yak remains buried because Oilers.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't think it's a conspiracy like that.

McLellan said something to the effect of. "Yak is getting a lot of conflicting information". I have also heard that Yak works his ass off working on his one timer but isn't working on what the coaches are asking him to work on.

I think what goes on in practices and partially on the ice is what is keeping him down in the lineup.

Absolutely anything to rationalize this org giving Yak the ****** end of the stick yet again.

Yank Roy, "what do we need him for":sarcasm:

Replace with the completely useless Toby ****ing Letestu.

Take a long clap Chia you clown.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Unfortunately, I'm starting to think the org has something against him.

I have absolutely no evidence about anything, and I'm not going to speculate, but the fact that he has has to work so hard, to get even a whiff of what these other players are getting handed to them on a silver platter is strange.

Yak got 1 shift with Mcdavid and Eberle last game, and yes he turned it over, and unfortunately it led to a goal, but he was then banished from that line. Pouliot kills us with 2 penalties and lazy play all around, and is put right back into his spot with Ebs and Mcdavid.

Purcell has been playing like trash, and that line has slowed down as a whole, and yet instead of injecting someone with some energy like Yak, they just keep forcing something that isn't working at the moment.

I don't think Yak will ever become anything here, and I just can't figure out why. He just has such a short leash compared to everyone else, and nights like this make me realize what we could have had.

Instead we've got a kid who's had his confidence shattered, and has to fight for every second of icetime on a team that can't score to save their life.

I still remembered that Yak was only out on McDavid's wing after all other options were exercised. Even Korpikoski had a chance with McDavid before Yak. I have a feeling that Pak or Kassian would be tested first on the Hall-Dari line before Yak if Purcell is traded at deadline.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Youtube it.

Every Letestu goal I've seen is into an empty net. On perfect feeds only a complete tool would miss. Although Letestu has squandered plenty of those as well.

The worst Center I've seen here since Belanger. That bad. Just a complete mess offensively. The kind of idiot that hopes nobody notices he doesn't have a skillset to even remotely be good enough to play in the NHL.

Unfortunately a capped league results in a hundred garbage players like this being in a lineup.

of course the Oil marry him to yakupov. Never saw that one coming....:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
Because Yak has **** games for 3/4 of the season and games like this maybe 2-3 times a year.

I forgot what media guy was saying but apparently Yak loves to work hard at his one timers but never works at the things he actually needs to improve on.

Maybe the coach can cut a deal with him.. Say hey well give you your favourite one timer position on the pp, but you gotta work on so and so.

Anyway the coach aknowleged his strong play. He's still got driver potential as he's playing with two plugs.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Maybe the coach can cut a deal with him.. Say hey well give you your favourite one timer position on the pp, but you gotta work on so and so.

Anyway the coach aknowleged his strong play. He's still got driver potential as he's playing with two plugs.
He gets used on the pp though

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
He had a great game, good to see. I still think he can be a very valuable and effective player. He will never put up #1 type numbers. He just isn't that calibre, but he can be effective.

McDeathbyCheerios*

lmfao at the Columbus announcers.

"That's a goal scorers goal for sure, a goal scorers goal"

lol, Toby Letestu.

Surprised it was only 2 yrs ago. never seen him do anything like that ever around here.

Must have had an out of body experience.
Can't find it on YouTube but he scored one short handed that was a great snipe.

My point was just because he scored on a good shot tonight doesn't mean his shot is suddenly all better.

Yak has great release and strength but terrible accuracy and its not overly fast. Sometimes he puts it together but more often then not his shot is lacking.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lol that went off the goalie's shoulder. not exactly a snipe

its Toby Letestu. In Columbus that must look like a star player or something..

lol that people thought this was a talented Center. All off season I was hearing.

"he'll surprise you, he'll impress you"

like hell

send him back, stuff him in the cannon and fire.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Good game for Nail, but hopefully he doesn't take another 15-20 games to have another game like that.

McDeathbyCheerios*

its Toby Letestu. In Columbus that must look like a star player or something..

lol that people thought this was a talented Center. All off season I was hearing.

"he'll surprise you, he'll impress you"

like hell

send him back, stuff him in the cannon and fire.
Toby has 16 points while being stuck with mr Nail "15 points" Yakupov. How do you expect him to score?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm seeing in a lot of games that they are out together. With letestu being the perfect cooler preventing anything from happening..

This is the best CEnter Chia could attain? What a ****ing joke of a player.
Better than Gordon and unlike Derek "I'm super great but not good enough for any NHL team" Roy. Did you know more people offered Letestu contracts than Roy?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Better than Gordon and unlike Derek "I'm super great but not good enough for any NHL team" Roy. Did you know more people offered Letestu contracts than Roy?

What teams?

Can't imagine why anybody would.

looks like an ECHL player to me. Complete no talent tool.

If Toby Letestu was playing in Chinook league he wouldn't stand out.

McDeathbyCheerios*

What teams?

Can't imagine why anybody would.

looks like an ECHL player to me. Complete no talent tool.

If Toby Letestu was playing in Chinook league he wouldn't stand out.
You have had a few too many beers. Go hug your Gagner Jersey and throw beer cans at your Scrivens garbage can that you miraculously always seem to get in.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Not really Yak related, but having Letestu on the PP pretty much negates the positive effect McDavid has on it as well. It's pretty hilarious.

Ah Woodcroft...you foolish, Justin Schultz-looking man.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Not really Yak related, but having Letestu on the PP pretty much negates the positive effect McDavid has on it as well. It's pretty hilarious.

Ah Woodcroft...you foolish, Justin Schultz-looking man.
Well at the moment we really don't have any other forwards to put out there

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Great game by Yak. If he brings an effort like that and simplifies his game where he doesn't try to do too much he could be a solid 2nd liner. Definitely no point trading him at this point as his value is very low, and if he can find any consistency like tonight he could be a solid player on a cheap contract.

As for the Letestu hate, I agree that he should not be on the PP with McDavid. Aside from being out there for the faceoff he just isn't good enough to play on that unit. With that said I don't think he's a bad player either and would be good in the 4C role that he was originally brought in to play.

Also obligatory get Schultz the **** off this team. The guy kills the power play so bad and can't defend to save his life. Yakupov wires a 1-timer off the post so what does Schultz do? Instead of giving it to Yak for another 1-timer with a clear lane, he takes another muffin shot that doesn't get through. Our D are absolutely abysmal at shooting the puck from the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad