Nail Yakupov - Part IV

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Fewest wins ever for a coach who has been behind the bench for at least 100 NHL games.

Man, that stat is really saying something considering with shootouts coaches now get more points (and wins) than previous generations of coaches got. Don't know if he's the worst coach ever but he's by far the worst coach I've ever seen.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Nail played great the second half, elite ! We need him to show up like that, all the time. Does not matter who's coaching...

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't consider the last 2 years under Eakins to be any indicator of anything.

Hall was trending to score 58 points last year had he played the full season.

Yak's rookie season is where I consider him to be at as an 18 year old, and the subsequent seasons as simply wasted time in his development.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
I'm upping the ante and calling Eakins one of the worst coaches in NHL history. I'm amazed that he was able to even land an AHL job after his time in Edmonton.

Most times I think 90% of coaches are all the same and its just a shuffling of the deck. 5% of coaches are good and 5% are horrible and yes Eakins fits into that horrible bracket.

I've never seen a team give up that many short handed goals, regress, and have all the star players underperform at once.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
Most times I think 90% of coaches are all the same and its just a shuffling of the deck. 5% of coaches are good and 5% are horrible and yes Eakins fits into that horrible bracket.

I've never seen a team give up that many short handed goals, regress, and have all the star players underperform at once.

I remember an interview after he got fired where he said that he learned a lot about pp and he's going to use that knowledge with his next team and he's not going to share that knowledge. I bet everyone listening was craving for some Eakins pp magic :laugh:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I wonder if McLellan will use Yakupov on the point on the PP, he loves to have a guy who can blast it from back there. I think that would be the most beneficial spot for him on the PP, unless he learns how to get in spots for the pass on PP, which again McLellan may teach him.

I hope the kid has a breakout year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I wonder if McLellan will use Yakupov on the point on the PP, he loves to have a guy who can blast it from back there. I think that would be the most beneficial spot for him on the PP, unless he learns how to get in spots for the pass on PP, which again McLellan may teach him.

I hope the kid has a breakout year.

Yakupov on the right point is probably the best spot for him since the only skilled right shot player is Eberle. I would do Sekera-Yakupov as a pairing so that Yakupov has someone that's a good 2way defenceman for when the PKers try to overpower his side.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
TMac doesn't use a stationary PP Setup, so don't expect that.

If Yak plays on the PP, expect him to shift from the point to the slot, to the half-boards, then crossover to the other wing, swing behind the net, and back to the other side of circle...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad