Long Island

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Will be good to have Nabby back, but if Poulin has 2 more solid games coming up, he deserves to play in the Stadium Series game.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
Will be good to have Nabby back, but if Poulin has 2 more solid games coming up, he deserves to play in the Stadium Series game.

Couldn't disagree more. Nabby is proven, yes his age has caused serious time missed this season. Poulin IMO, has played adequately during this stretch but he IMO is not a solid goalie. He is a "knees" goalie. He drops to his knees more than... He still flops around like a fish. Gotta admit I was preparing for OT last night in the final minute. Seemed like KP was on his stomach and knees during the final NYR push. Look, disagree with me; that's fine. I still want our "CLUELESS GM" to still comb the goalie market this offseason. Poulin is a career backup IMO.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Couldn't disagree more. Nabby is proven, yes his age has caused serious time missed this season. Poulin IMO, has played adequately during this stretch but he IMO is not a solid goalie. He is a "knees" goalie. He drops to his knees more than... He still flops around like a fish. Gotta admit I was preparing for OT last night in the final minute. Seemed like KP was on his stomach and knees during the final NYR push. Look, disagree with me; that's fine. I still want our "CLUELESS GM" to still comb the goalie market this offseason. Poulin is a career backup IMO.

And such is the way of goaltending. Its all about taking away the bottom of the net and making yourself big. This isnt new, find a goalie who is even a hybrid and under the age of 30...Hell, under 35...and even remotely successful

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

...so he doesn't deserve to play one game? Just saying it would be a nice reward for him. I want a goalie this offseason too.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
And such is the way of goaltending. Its all about taking away the bottom of the net and making yourself big. This isnt new, find a goalie who is even a hybrid and under the age of 30...Hell, under 35...and even remotely successful

Quick? Enroth? Tim Thomas? Hasek? Not under thirty but examples of why hybrid styles still work in the modern game I love hybrids. I watched a kid play in Germany that took forty shots and never went down.( Yes I am exagerating a bit) Amazing. None of his saves looked difficult. So they are in the pipline

and there are more on their way up . Especially in Europe

Last edited:

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Quick? Enroth? Tim Thomas? Hasek? Not under thirty but examples of why hybrid styles still work in the modern game I love hybrids. I watched a kid play in Germany that took forty shots and never went down.( Yes I am exagerating a bit) Amazing. None of his saves looked difficult. So they are in the pipline

and there are more on their way up . Especially in Europe

Quick is most definitely a butterfly goalie. Thomas and Hasek I do agree with. Most goaltenders are taught to block shots rather than make saves. IE make yourself as big as possible and get in front of the shot, whereas Thomas and Hasek use cat like reflexes to make big saves.

The sooner Nabby is back the better. We need Nabby to be on top of his game if were going to sniff the playoffs.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Most exvellent butterfly goalies are sound positionally so protecting the upper half is easy. If played properly there is little net to ahoot at. Poulins not good with his angles...costs him alot of unnecessary goals or causes him to dive all over the place. Also the reason he struggles with traffic and deflections from the high slot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad