Confirmed with Link: Nabokov on IR - Isles bring up Nilsson

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't think Nilsson can even be a reliable backup at this point. I would love to see Snow make a deal for some goalie depth. Who's available?

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
It sucks cause hes been playing well and I have no confidence in either Poulin or Nilsson nor do I think Garth will make any moves.

Looks like its gotta be a groin again to me at least.

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Lol...this is a joke. I now have had the privilege of being at both games that Nabby has gotten injured and had to leave the game! Can we get a friggin goalie...really!!! I keep hearing how bad the market is for them...can we get one!!!!! This guy is to old to be a #1...hello!!!

bvon44

Jul 3, 2006
Long Island
Martin Jones has played Scrivens out of a job.

Probably wouldn't cost much to pry him out of LA as a band-aid for this season. More permanent solutions would be found in Anaheim or via UFA.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
Question for everybody clamoring for a goalie trade:

Who would you give up for a goalie, considering the other team would have all the leverage in the situation?

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
im not ready to give up on nielssen just yet, i still believe he can be a good NHL goalie…. (but if not and we make a move i hope its for a young goalie like lindback)

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Others obviously agree, which is why Bailey has been mentioned.
:laugh:

Seriously though, if they give up anything noteworthy for Justin f'ing Peters I will camp outside the Coliseum just long enough to kick Garth in the junk. Career 3rd stringer who played well for a month or two while everyone else was injured... might as well trade for Al Montero.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
:laugh:

Seriously though, if they give up anything noteworthy for Justin f'ing Peters I will camp outside the Coliseum just long enough to kick Garth in the junk. Career 3rd stringer who played well for a month or two while everyone else was injured... might as well trade for Al Montero.

I'll join you. Khudobin is much better and was a free agent last year and signed for a very low salary last year and we didn't get him. As much as I'm not a fan of Bailey I would never part with him for Peters when we possibly could've signed Khudobin if I were Garth.

I could live with giving up a 4th perhaps a 3rd for Peters but that would be it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I believe Ward is still on IR and Khudobin has played all but 5 games this year. I'll be shocked if Peters is moved.

giddy up*

Halak?

One of the Ducks goalies?

No offense to either but the Poluin/Nilsson ******** isn't going to fly. Make a move.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Outsider pitching in: Go for Neuvirth. Outplayed by Holtby and now Grubauer as well. Paid in excess for a designated backup so shouldn't cost too much either if you're filling to give a cheaper piece back to the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad