Value of: Myers to Leafs

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If he's so good why is he in the American Hockey League and Roman Polak is taking shifts in Toronto?

because he is a left hand D and polka is a right hand D, they are pretty much different positions. Dermott is also 20 yrs ols so allowing him to grow in the AHL is better than playing limited mins on the bottom pair. This is all pretty basic prospect development stuff surprised you have never realized this

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
didja watch him last night? yikes.

his offense? yeah surprisingly he's the Jets' top PP point man for some reason. He wouldn't get any PP time on the leafs, given they only use one point man on either unit, Mo and Jake.

As for even strength Offense:

Hainsey: 12pts (28gms)
Rielly: 11pts (28gms)
Zaitsev: 10pts (28gms)
Gardiner: 7pts (28gms)
Borgman: 7pts (26gms)
Carrick/Polak: 5pts (26gms)
-- Myers: 5pts (28gms) --

No, I didn't watch last night's Jets game.

He's not the Jets top PP point man. The Jets also run a 4 forward group with Buff and Laine on the point. Laine and Buff both average over 3 mins on the PP (Buff at 3:30). Myers averages 2:08. Seems like he's pretty effective on the PP though according to your numbers. I'm not sure why the Leafs wouldn't use him, he has more PP points than anyone on your team (tied with JVR) in pretty limited minutes.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I don't see Myers as being that good....

Good we keep him
:)
For once the Jets have the D depth.
Myers is underated. He is not a shut down D more an O d.
But he is good D because he is mobile and can close the gap quicker due to wing span.
He wont be a true 1D but he can fill in if there is an injury.
And him and Kulikov as the bottom pairing is what will separate the Jets against almost any team.
I keep Myers withouth him last year Jets were handicapped big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad