Value of: Myers to Leafs

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Some people have work, families, responsibilities... so hockey can't always be a priority. That might be an unusual and bizarre concept for some.

So you think someone who watches other (non-Leaf) games doesn't work, and doesn't have a family & responsibilities? Okay .......

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg is rolling right now.
If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Can't do anything until Trouba is sorted out.
Myers can’t replace or even fill in for Trouba and his contract expires before we need to move Trouba even under the worst case scenario.

While Myers could be moved pretty easily since Poolman could slide right into that spot it would negatively impact our depth. The question becomes what would/could we get in return that makes that worthwhile? We don’t need more forwards and we don’t have anywhere to play the assortment of journeymen and B level prospects people seem to want to offer. If someone is going to offer something of real vale then, sure, Myers is available but no "package" of lesser players is going to be of interest.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Myers has been better than Gardiner this year and I don’t see the Jets trading a roster player for a downgrade while they sit #2 in the West

How do you figure?

Looks to me like Gardiner plays against much harder competition (with virtually the same zone starts) with better CF% and a much better xGF%. I mean, they both have five 5v5 points, but looking at primary points its 5-2 Gardiner.

Please enlighten me to how Myers has been better? Thanks.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Just shifting the tide my friend.

Not sure what you mean, Myers certainly isn’t worth anything close to that. That being said we have no interest to trade him likely until summer time once Trouba is resolved and our playoff chance is over. I can’t see the Jets trading any D (Myers or Trouba) until summer time, things are going too well and just no incentive to do it.

I know it must be frustrating trying to get an upgrade on your D, no one wants to give them up......but your D isn’t as terrible as some say. Hang in there, Leafs are doing well.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure what you mean, Myers certainly isn’t worth anything close to that. That being said we have no interest to trade him likely until summer time once Trouba is resolved and our playoff chance is over. I can’t see the Jets trading any D (Myers or Trouba) until summer time, things are going too well and just no incentive to do it.

I know it must be frustrating trying to get an upgrade on your D, no one wants to give them up......but your D isn’t as terrible as some say. Hang in there, Leafs are doing well.
It's simple....there is a running thread of posters calling us (Leafs fans) out for never offering enough....doesn't matter that Hamilton/Hamonic went for picks...doesn't matter that Vatanen just went for a 3C+...for the Leafs on this board, the minute any D is mentioned, it's Marner/Nylander++ or GTFO. So, that's my new blanket offer....maybe we can shift opinions on her from "Leafs fans always offer crap" to "Leafs fans offer to much"....might be refreshing.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It's simple....there is a running thread of posters calling us (Leafs fans) out for never offering enough....doesn't matter that Hamilton/Hamonic went for picks...doesn't matter that Vatanen just went for a 3C+...for the Leafs on this board, the minute any D is mentioned, it's Marner/Nylander++ or GTFO. So, that's my new blanket offer....maybe we can shift opinions on her from "Leafs fans always offer crap" to "Leafs fans offer to much"....might be refreshing.

Ok got it.

I think part of the problem is the perception of value vs desire/need. Let me explain, Leafs have a need/desire to get a D....so they offer up a package of what they feel is fair “value” (which may actually be fair value) BUT the other team declines b/c there is no desire/need for them to trade X D player even if the value is fair (albeit they rarely admit the value is fair) so they decline barring an overpayment (aka Marner/Nylander). Round & round the debate goes, people get frustrated, throw out barbs or insults and before we know it both sides are insulting the other sides posters, players, organizations, etc.

Example: Trouba, there is literally not a single player I would trade Trouba for from the Leafs at this point barring AM. See what I did there? I’m not saying Nylander or Marner aren’t good players or equal value....I have zero desire to trade Trouba so I throw out an overpayment which just makes you frustrated, annoyed and likely creates a pissing match for three days. We all do this on the site at times, I think most do it intentionally to get attention but that’s just my opinion. IMO just better to say he isn’t available then stir up a pissing match.

Warning to the Leaf fan (yet to be determined) about to quote me saying a Jets fan claimed Trouba holds the same value as AM......I didn’t say that in the least just chill out. Just using him as an example that has been discussed to death in the past.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It's simple....there is a running thread of posters calling us (Leafs fans) out for never offering enough....doesn't matter that Hamilton/Hamonic went for picks...

Ok got it.

I think part of the problem is the perception of value vs desire/need. Let me explain, Leafs have a need/desire to get a D....so they offer up a package of what they feel is fair “value” BUT the other team declines b/c there is no desire/need for them to trade X D player even if the value is fair (

The only thing missing from this discussion is that many/most of the proposals don't offer fair value, and are often not even close. Also, based on what I see, many proposals don't take into account, or attempt to take into account the other team's needs. I'm thinking that these are the reasons that create this situation and so much angst.

Nov 24, 2006
I like Myers more than most, I think.

Why would the Jets want to trade him? Leading the team D in points. Unless it's an upgrade for the Jets, it doesn't make any sense.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Myers is playing very well, these days. Right now the Jets can put out 3 good pairs. No rush to do anything.....

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Jets aren't looking for ANY trades. Even trades that might actually be fair to BOTH teams.

Jets are winning. Only a maniac would screw with that.
Losing Enstrom to retirement (?) end of this season and Trouba needs to be put to bed with a contract before we look at moving Myers. I'd be shocked if the Jets were buyers or sellers at trade deadline if the team continues to play well.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Jets are tied for first in the NHL, have a ton of talent up front, a very solid group on the backend (even if no elite #1D), and Helleybuck who has a legit shot at being a good starter.

I don't think they move out a significant piece like Myers at the moment.

Reactions: libertarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad