Myers or Hutton, This Year

(ignore contract/side) 2019-20 only, Myers or Hutton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Posts of "you just hate Benning / love Gillis" are of course not worth a response. It is the classic ad hominem fallacy, addressing the motives of the arguer rather than addressing the argument.
Correct. However, I haven't seen more than a handful of of posts out of thousands that could reasonably be described this way.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Correct. However, I haven't seen more than a handful of of posts out of thousands that could reasonably be described this way.
To be fair, I don't see how Melvin's phrasing suggests that there are more than a handful of posts like this either. Even responding to a single post with something like "we should ignore posts like this" doesn't imply that there are many.

Last edited:

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I'm just surprised no one has picked up Hutton. He isn't a world beater, but he is a legitimate NHL level defenceman.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
To be fair, I don't see how Melvin's phrasing suggests that there are more than a handful of posts like this either. Even responding to a single post with something like "we should ignore posts like this" doesn't imply that there are many.
what are we talking about?

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
There needs to be a "Neither" option.

Being better without Gudbranson, says more about Gudbranson. Hutton was almost like the Granlund of defensemen: he might put up a few points when gifted minutes with the best players on the team, but doesn't excell in any area, often gets caught flat-footed, and always leaves you wanting more.

Then there's Myers...

He's a poor skater, yet he himself says that skating is the best part of his game. lol, we're in for a rough one.

Give me Benning's favourite pet, Gillyam Brisebois, over either of them. He actually looked pretty decent when he played - and some of that was with Gudbranson lol. Impressive: to pass the "Gudbranson test" that early into his NHL career.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm just surprised no one has picked up Hutton. He isn't a world beater, but he is a legitimate NHL level defenceman.
Count me as surprised as well....Heck even Pouliot and Schenn have been able to garner contracts. Maybe he's holding out for more term on his contract.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Count me as surprised as well....Heck even Pouliot and Schenn have been able to garner contracts. Maybe he's holding out for more term on his contract.

Pouliot and Schenn likely received entry level salaries or salaries in the 1-2 million range (I haven’t checked). Guys like these are easy to sign (4th tier guys), while 1st tier guys are usually gonzo during the first week of July.

2nd and 3rd tier guys like Hutton usually get signed once teams have figured out their cap, re-upped RFA’s, and have a good sense of how and where they can spend with their freed up money.

That’s why guys like Ferland, Dzingel, Gardiner, and Hutton are kind of in limbo. Teams are trying to figure out how much money they’ll have in order to invest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad