Proposal: My three trades to kick start the Canucks rebuild

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Vancouver needs to kick into rebuild mode sooner then later. The Sedins wont be trades. But the Canucks needs to move out some players to get younger, fresher blood in the system.

here are my ideas

1) Ryan Miller and a 4th to St Louis for their 2nd(if the blues get to the conference finals it becomes a 1st) and Adam Musil--It is not a deep draft--the key for the Canucks is Musil. Key for the Blues is they get a goalie that can help get them into the wild card position

2) Alex Edler to Boston for Jakub Zboril. Edler is signed for 2 more years and helps shores up the bruins and Zboril is developing nicely--but a little bit slow for the bruins.

3) Tanev to the Blue Jackets for Markus Nutivaara, Sonny Milano and Dillon Heatherington---Blue Jackets are heading into the play off and will be needing more experience D and are in win now mode. Tanev is young enough to be around for maybe 10 more years. Nutivaara is already in the NHL, with Milano nearly ready and Heatherington ready in two years. This get the Jackets into war that is coming for the playoffs

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I don't get why Vancouver keeps suggesting to trade Tanev. Just hoping you get someone back that could be Tanev in 5 years.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1st one makes sense for both teams.
2nd one makes less sense for Vancouver and more sense for the Bruins.
3rd one is a flat out bad move by the nucks.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
God I love the idea of the St Louis Blues circling back, years later, to renting Ryan Miller.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
1) No way STL goes back to Miller.

2) I'm all for trading Edler if he'll waive, but hell no to that deal.

3) LOL

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
That tanev and edler trade . Holy **** lol

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I don't understand why Canucks fans both try and tell us that Tanev is super-duper incredible...but they constantly offer him up in trade proposals.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Vancouver needs to kick into rebuild mode sooner then later. The Sedins wont be trades. But the Canucks needs to move out some players to get younger, fresher blood in the system.

here are my ideas

1) Ryan Miller and a 4th to St Louis for their 2nd(if the blues get to the conference finals it becomes a 1st) and Adam Musil--It is not a deep draft--the key for the Canucks is Musil. Key for the Blues is they get a goalie that can help get them into the wild card position

2) Alex Edler to Boston for Jakub Zboril. Edler is signed for 2 more years and helps shores up the bruins and Zboril is developing nicely--but a little bit slow for the bruins.

3) Tanev to the Blue Jackets for Markus Nutivaara, Sonny Milano and Dillon Heatherington---Blue Jackets are heading into the play off and will be needing more experience D and are in win now mode. Tanev is young enough to be around for maybe 10 more years. Nutivaara is already in the NHL, with Milano nearly ready and Heatherington ready in two years. This get the Jackets into war that is coming for the playoffs

Leafs counter with Kapanen, Carrick and a 5th...

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I didn't think it would be possible for anyone to make worse trades for the Canucks than Benning but here you are with trades 2 and 3.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
If you are trying to kickstart the Canucks rebuild, you should start with the Sedins. All talk aside, they should be dealt and soon. Anything else is half measures.

Miller is returning, IMO. So are Edler and Tanev.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I don't understand why Canucks fans both try and tell us that Tanev is super-duper incredible...but they constantly offer him up in trade proposals.

Why not? I don't get why people are surprised by this. Tanev IS super duper incredible and he's also our only real movable piece that has a lot of value if we truly want to rebuild. Edler won't waive and the rest of the defense that has any value are Stecher and Tryamkin who are young and the type of players we need to keep and build around. Our forwards are average to crappy outside of Horvat and have limited value. So Tanev gets offered up because Tanev is our only player worth something in a rebuild.

We'd love for someone to take Gudbranson but we doubt it would happen.

That's the only reason Tanev gets offered up. If the Canucks were even remotely a playoff team, I'd never want him off the team.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
It's late winter, 2034. Rather, it's when winter once would have glowered a final storm our way; today the winds pile the scorched dust against the Scottrade Center year-round. The Blues are five points back of the Kansas City Kings. It's just the two of them, now; the bombs didn't fall so hard on Missouri.

"Can't get a save," croaks Doug Armstrong. Silence. Fewer, leaner faces look back at him than before. Silence. The latest water rations have occupied their minds, maybe; maybe they've simply run out of ideas.

Five seconds pass, then ten. 6-5 last night, despite a 44-27 shot advantage.

20 seconds. An old scout at the back of the room clears his throat. "Hear Ryan Miller's been workin' out."

A coyote bays.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Blues pass on that. First of all, they can't fit Miller's cap hit at the moment, so Vancouver would need to retain.

Second, there's zero chance they agree to a condition where any pick going Vancouver's way for Miller might become a 1st.

Third, they almost certainly aren't trading one of their few viable center prospects when that is literally their area of greatest organizational need.

Fourth, the value is off...that's probably twice what Miller is worth as a rental, if not more. Who exactly do you think is the market for his services? It's not exactly booming, and it's not like there aren't other options available to the Blues at that price point.

Fifth, we've been there and done that with Miller. Really hard to see Armstrong going back to that well.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues say no, we do not want a goalie. Blues just fired Corsi and are having Brodeur and Conklin take over coaching Allen and has since looked a lot better. Would rather see what Brodeur and Conk can do with Allen than do a freakout trade for another one, especially one that has failed already with us.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
1) No way STL goes back to Miller.

2) I'm all for trading Edler if he'll waive, but hell no to that deal.

3) LOL

I dunno about that. STL paid a steep price for him last time and it didn't pan out. However their goaltending is in an even worse spot now then it was then. So while I'm not sure on the value that STL is giving up, I don't think them going after a goalie is the wrong move. Miller could be that guy. Or not. But he's probably one of the few goalies out there who might be available and is a FA. But for that to happen, the price would have to be right, and from what STL fans have said in this thread, it appears to be steep - or at least steeper then what they'd be willing to do.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

here are my ideas

[...]

Wow. Um. That would be somewhat awkward since we'd be risking losing Tanev to the expansion draft, but that kind of value is ludicrously tilted in our favor. I mean, Nuti's had a really good rookie season and we love him, but... holy crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad