OT: My proudest moment

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Ranger Fan Central - it has been a site ola and I post on in the past.
I remember a Rangers fansite like 20-plus years ago - maybe 1997 ish. I thought it was called Rangers Cafe or something like that. It had a graffiti wall which was so novel and interesting to me. I didn’t have consistent internet access and generally when I did I was just doing emails…getting news and info via the net was kind of a new concept for me. But I do remember being impressed with that site. I feel like it didn’t last very long tho. Anyone else remember that site? Or maybe it was Rangers Fan Central and I’m mis-remembering.

Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I remember a Rangers fansite like 20-plus years ago - maybe 1997 ish. I thought it was called Rangers Cafe or something like that. It had a graffiti wall which was so novel and interesting to me. I didn’t have consistent internet access and generally when I did I was just doing emails…getting news and info via the net was kind of a new concept for me. But I do remember being impressed with that site. I feel like it didn’t last very long tho. Anyone else remember that site? Or maybe it was Rangers Fan Central and I’m mis-remembering.
I don’t remember it. I’ve been a lurker on these boards since the early 2000’s. I may or may not have even started new accounts here because I was a stupid, immature and argumentative asshole in my early 20’s and might have gotten the axe.

Can’t remember (lol).

I did post on the Rangers BB forum though. There were some really great posters there before it got shut down.

I thought Dr. Leetch might have been SBOB, but I could be mistaken.

Dr. Leetch — SHOW YOURSELF!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don’t remember it. I’ve been a lurker on these boards since the early 2000’s. I may or may not have even started new accounts here because I was a stupid, immature and argumentative asshole in my early 20’s and might have gotten the axe.

Can’t remember (lol).

I did post on the Rangers BB forum though. There were some really great posters there before it got shut down.

I thought Dr. Leetch might have been SBOB, but I could be mistaken.

Dr. Leetch — SHOW YOURSELF!
It was me

Reactions: Kupo

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It was me
Wait. It was ME.
upload_2021-7-10_13-34-17.gif

(Not really).

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
How am I going to be able to disagree with you about anything, now?

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my wife dying from cancer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Sorry to hear that Chosen. It’s an ugly thing to have to deal with. Some fights are more uphill than others and I feel lucky to have got through this first part. Mine is in the embers stage—it’s one of those that some years down the road very well may come back.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
This is fantastic news, Ola. I did my Master's thesis studying Ewing's sarcoma, and I saw firsthand how tough some of these pediatric skeletal cancers can be to manage. I'm so happy that your son is doing better, and I hope for the best for Albin and your family going forward!

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I got so much support and love from the boards back in October when I mentioned that my son had been diagnosed with skeleton cancer (in his hip). I also learned that many was moved by it on a personal level with an experience of family members falling ill.

I just want to provide an update. After 9 months Albin has been declared healthy after a grueling chemo treatment and a huge surgery in which he amputated his femora.

Behind the camera you got the proudest dad in the world and in front of it the biggest hero and fighter I’ve ever met.

Here Albin gets to ring the ceremonial bell:

Thanks everyone for the support we received, it really warmed my heart!

I had no idea your son was going fighting cancer. I am so happy to see that his prognosis is good. I remember when both your kids were born. You have always been the proud Papa! Prayers being sent your way!

Reactions: Ola

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
I got so much support and love from the boards back in October when I mentioned that my son had been diagnosed with skeleton cancer (in his hip). I also learned that many was moved by it on a personal level with an experience of family members falling ill.

I just want to provide an update. After 9 months Albin has been declared healthy after a grueling chemo treatment and a huge surgery in which he amputated his femora.

Behind the camera you got the proudest dad in the world and in front of it the biggest hero and fighter I’ve ever met.

Here Albin gets to ring the ceremonial bell:

Thanks everyone for the support we received, it really warmed my heart!

Amazing! Happy for you and your boy seeing this made my night a little better. Cheers to you and your son!

Reactions: Ola

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

So sorry for your loss.
Cancer runs through my family as well so you're not alone.
Wishing you well..

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Despite all the bullshit, bickering, and difference of opinions. HFNYR - Family.

Delighted to hear the amazing news, @Ola. Keep us updated with Albins’s next achievements and who’s ass he kicks next. :heart:

f*** you Cancer.

Agree with all of this, just noting that
difs of op
can = competition of ideas
from which we progress.

That is assuming we all try to respect all opinions on the basis of merit, to the extent that can be measured by fact or other objective criteria, and if that is not available, then to show some level of open mindedness to one another.

Love is given, respect is earned.

Albin has earned our respect and continues to have our love.

This is his moment of triumph, the first of many, we expect.

And to celebrate that moment,
I nominate Albin
for
1. honorary HFB member in good standing
2. official NYR bell ringer for 2021-2022 season

will anyone second that nomination, and vote in support?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ola

sorry to have not gotten on this sooner

much going on
most of it good
I will convo you soon when some good news [as expected] becomes official

hope we can then catch up

All best

peace and love

bern

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hi everyone,

I have been away the entire fall, wonder if I've seen more than 3-4 games, just wanted to check in and give a little update.

In September on a routine check-up of my kid it was noted that the cancer had come back, tumors in both lungs, in the bone in the left leg and in the hip where it initially occurred. Total nightmare.

After chemo for a couple of months, there was a big surgery yesterday where the big tumor in the left lung was removed. The chemo have had a good impact on the other tumors. They plan to remove a couple of small ones in the right lung in a couple of weeks, then some more chemo, before they will laser the spots in the bones where they have seen it.

We are staying positive and fighting. Funny thing is, needing a bit of an "escape from reality", I have watched a ton of soccer the last months. Albin is a big Manchester United fan, I always hated their guts when they were good, but lately they sucked so much so I started to follow them too this fall, along with Albin. Its kind of funny, its a team with an estimated 1 billion fans, so you can basically get content 24/7. Good youtube channels. Pods. Massive amount of transfer rumors and what not. Completely new world. But I am not exchanging one addiction for another, the Rangers are still there. I recon we are tremendously frustrating right now, so I am enjoying my hiatus as long as it may last.

Friends, I hope that you take care and don't let whatever it may be get you down and enjoy life as much as you can. Its the most beautiful thing we have, each second of it.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have been away the entire fall, wonder if I've seen more than 3-4 games, just wanted to check in and give a little update.

In September on a routine check-up of my kid it was noted that the cancer had come back, tumors in both lungs, in the bone in the left leg and in the hip where it initially occurred. Total nightmare.

After chemo for a couple of months, there was a big surgery yesterday where the big tumor in the left lung was removed. The chemo have had a good impact on the other tumors. They plan to remove a couple of small ones in the right lung in a couple of weeks, then some more chemo, before they will laser the spots in the bones where they have seen it.

We are staying positive and fighting. Funny thing is, needing a bit of an "escape from reality", I have watched a ton of soccer the last months. Albin is a big Manchester United fan, I always hated their guts when they were good, but lately they sucked so much so I started to follow them too this fall, along with Albin. Its kind of funny, its a team with an estimated 1 billion fans, so you can basically get content 24/7. Good youtube channels. Pods. Massive amount of transfer rumors and what not. Completely new world. But I am not exchanging one addiction for another, the Rangers are still there. I recon we are tremendously frustrating right now, so I am enjoying my hiatus as long as it may last.

Friends, I hope that you take care and don't let whatever it may be get you down and enjoy life as much as you can. Its the most beautiful thing we have, each second of it.
Stay positive brother. Easier said than done, I know, but all will be well. Positive energy (and I’m not spiritual by any means) is contagious and can make all the difference in the world. I look forward to the day that you and Albin together will enjoy Man U and NYR matches together, in good health and with peace of mind. 🙏 ❤️

Reactions: egelband and Ola

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad