OT: My proudest moment

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I got so much support and love from the boards back in October when I mentioned that my son had been diagnosed with skeleton cancer (in his hip). I also learned that many was moved by it on a personal level with an experience of family members falling ill.

I just want to provide an update. After 9 months Albin has been declared healthy after a grueling chemo treatment and a huge surgery in which he amputated his femora.

Behind the camera you got the proudest dad in the world and in front of it the biggest hero and fighter I’ve ever met.

Here Albin gets to ring the ceremonial bell:

Thanks everyone for the support we received, it really warmed my heart!

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I got so much support and love from the boards back in October when I mentioned that my son had been diagnosed with skeleton cancer (in his hip). I also learned that many was moved by it on a personal level with an experience of family members falling ill.

I just want to provide an update. After 9 months Albin has been declared healthy after a grueling chemo treatment and a huge surgery in which he amputated his femora.

Behind the camera you got the proudest dad in the world and in front of it the biggest hero and fighter I’ve ever met.

That is such a great thing to hear man! Congratulations to Albin and your whole family!! #f***cancer

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I’ve gone through a year of this and found out for myself what a weirdly emotional but happy feeling it is to ring the bell.

Good luck to Albin.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I’ve gone through a year of this and found out for myself what a weirdly emotional but happy feeling it is to ring the bell.

Good luck to Albin.

It’s one of those things that you just hear about on TV, in Sweden have this Children’s Cancer Foundation that often collects money. But it seems so remote and so rare, but there are at least two posters here who have shared their stories with me about how they had it and I know a few others have had kids that had it.

If there is one thing I learned it’s that the support is so important. Thanks all! And if god forbid anyone close to you ever get it, cheer them on. Support them. All possible ways. It’s such a grueling fight that they need it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad