My early top 18 for the 2012 QMJHL draft

hockeyguy961

Jan 9, 2012
I find that Tibbo and Power are similar players with the exception of Power is more of a goal scorer and tibbo more of a assist guy. All 3 players should go top 4 rounds?

denpaq

Oct 20, 2011
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am part of a scouting staff for a junior major team which cannot be disclosed. I am just curious as to why some of you have the word scout in your username, like scoutman1 for instance and why everyone seems to ask for his opinion without knowing who he really is. I am curious because some of the names he mentions are good but some seem off kilter and seem more like names of kids he is close with possibly as they are not really on any of our lists. Some of these names are not seriously consodered. If you are 5'8 inches and you have 17 goals in midget AAA, which is good, but you will not be considered seriously because you aRE TOO SMALL. We would go with a bigger kid with speed in either AAA OR ESPOIR......We look for future potential and raw and developped skills that combine spped, skating ability, compete level, hockey sense and strong at both ends of the ice. The one way players have to be exceptional to be on our list.

It is obvious that by reading some of your posts that some of you are either the kids themselves or friends of these kids and it seeems to be the same people mentioned who seem to live in the same area, justb an observation.....if you would like I could put a few names together, maybe 85 names in no particular order that will be drafted as far as we are concerned.

denpaq

Oct 20, 2011
hey scoutman1.....are you a scout, people seem to ask your opinion alot. I am a junior scout and find your names you choose are a little inconsistent and strike me as bias....I could be wrong. you have names that are not there and names that are there and should not be.......and your list seems to change frequently.....what is your background?

denpaq

Oct 20, 2011
Scoutman, do Sukumaran and Cusson have pro potential ? Can they be Q players ? Do you still have them in the 1st round ?

Sukamaran will be lucky if he is drafted in the sixth round......his skating is weak and he is very undisciplined with limited hockey sense.......if scoutman had him EVER in the first round then his knowledge should be seriously questioned

BLBarmada

Barmada, I recommend you refrain from these types of comments.......really now, it makes you lose credibility, unless you are related to one of them:)

Tell me who you are and who you work for so that I make sure I never, ever apply there.

How do I know if you are who you say you are ?

Also players with AAA level of hockey, actually might have pro potential( not NHL).

Also there is no such thing as too small.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am part of a scouting staff for a junior major team which cannot be disclosed. I am just curious as to why some of you have the word scout in your username, like scoutman1 for instance and why everyone seems to ask for his opinion without knowing who he really is. I am curious because some of the names he mentions are good but some seem off kilter and seem more like names of kids he is close with possibly as they are not really on any of our lists. Some of these names are not seriously consodered. If you are 5'8 inches and you have 17 goals in midget AAA, which is good, but you will not be considered seriously because you aRE TOO SMALL. We would go with a bigger kid with speed in either AAA OR ESPOIR......We look for future potential and raw and developped skills that combine spped, skating ability, compete level, hockey sense and strong at both ends of the ice. The one way players have to be exceptional to be on our list.

It is obvious that by reading some of your posts that some of you are either the kids themselves or friends of these kids and it seeems to be the same people mentioned who seem to live in the same area, justb an observation.....if you would like I could put a few names together, maybe 85 names in no particular order that will be drafted as far as we are concerned.

Post your top 10 or go away...you know the saying...**** or get off the pot...or put up or shut up...

I will wait anxiously...

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

as a scout then you should know the first thing not to scout by is stats, and for the QMJHL 5'8 is not that bad...so i have to know your top 20 list

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

Before you share any lists, I believe you should present us with a valid drivers license, picture of you holding a news paper from January 28th, 2012 and I want this picture to be taken on top of the scoreboard at the home rink of the "junior major" team you scout for. :shakehead

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I can speak for many that we respect scoutman1 and LaLa because their reputation speaks for itself. If your not able to post your own lists or at least come up with a reasonable argument why their lists or comments aren't correct or are not up to your standards then start posting your own lists and start telling us why we should respect your opinion..Bashing someone else's opinions and hard work only makes yourself look petty and jealous, do your own leg work, post your results if ya wanna be taken seriously, if not shut the f up and take a hike

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Knock off the personal shots, guys. Those of you with more than one account are going to look pretty stupid when I merge them--- so don't open up alts again.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
Knock off the personal shots, guys. Those of you with more than one account are going to look pretty stupid when I merge them--- so don't open up alts again.

Well this post seems to have ended this discussion, such that it was... to bad, I was looking forward to this list of 85... to rank that many, that's a lot of game watching right there but I would still like to see it.

NBHockey

finish your checks
Jan 12, 2012
New Brunswick
What you guys think about Samuel Castonguay, I will be a second drafted pick this year. Good skating, hands, hard worker.

He will...**

I haven't heard much about him lately, he's playing in Miramichi Major Midget. He is really a fun player to watch, works really hard and is fast. His style of play might lend him to injuries, last time I saw him he played with reckless abandon. Is he any bigger?

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
Alex Gallant from Charlottetown has played better than Kielly thus far in Major Midget, and Zach Moody didn't impress me at the ACC this weekend. Duncan MacIntyre wasn't even in the top 5 defenceman this weekend in my eyes too.
Haha looking back at this, I dont know what I was even thinking. I personally feel MacIntyre has now solidified his position as a high first round talent, Moody has dropped of a bit, but I was still impressed with his play this year. I now think Kielly has surpassed Gallant as a better prospect... What was I even thinking back here?!?!?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
i was going to post a first round mock on here but just found a scouting service site stealing my information and passing it off as their own

Here is a link to one of my lists from November:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh....php?t=1035289

Now look at this link of a list posted by Jonathan Dunphy in January:
http://www.theqspot.ca/2012/01/2012-...rst-round.html

His only changes were putting Pepin in at 2nd overall & took out Mathew Ayotte at 16th overall.

this was pointed out to me from three posters now......this is the kind of draft where all scouts are different big time especially after pick 10, so for this service to have guys in the same order as me except two players is super rare, especially in this years draft.

welcometothebigshow2

Mar 30, 2011
i was going to post a first round mock on here but just found a scouting service site stealing my information and passing it off as their own

His only changes were putting Pepin in at 2nd overall & took out Mathew Ayotte at 16th overall.

this was pointed out to me from three posters now......this is the kind of draft where all scouts are different big time especially after pick 10, so for this service to have guys in the same order as me except two players is super rare, especially in this years draft.
Yes I seen that too, and he also has a 2nd and 3rd round rankings that are almost identical to your last years MARCH rankings for this draft. Yes, after pick 10 itd probably be a wildcard with most teams.. I dont understand why he would even want to do this.. It makes him look bad as not only is it your rankings, but its very outdated..

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

Did you get any response from the people at theqspot? That site has been tainted for me ever since I noticed that (not that I really ever browsed it in the past)

The odds of 2 guys having that similar of a list is 100% impossible for the QMJHL so I'd love to hear him try to defend himself :laugh:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Did you get any response from the people at theqspot? That site has been tainted for me ever since I noticed that (not that I really ever browsed it in the past)

The odds of 2 guys having that similar of a list is 100% impossible for the QMJHL so I'd love to hear him try to defend himself :laugh:

ya no i never got a response at all from them....i forgot to tell you though, i agree with your Adam Thilander is the next bit Swedish star, he is going to follow in the steps of Hedman and Larsson as the next big talked about swedish dman.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
ya no i never got a response at all from them....i forgot to tell you though, i agree with your Adam Thilander is the next bit Swedish star, he is going to follow in the steps of Hedman and Larsson as the next big talked about swedish dman.

First guy to back me up on that one :laugh:
Got a pretty lukewarm reaction not long ago:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1066919&highlight=

When I finally saw a period of him play, I changed my hfboards name immediately.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com

theqspot is annoying....They ask me like every three months on twitter if I know anybody looking to hire a blogger or someone that would like to blog on their site...They change their twitte handle to which is doubling annoying :rant::rant::rant:

/rant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad