11. Cody Donanaghy—D—St John’s Leafs 6’00/173 00 00 00 00
12. Timothe Simard—F—CCL 5’10/165 11 06 04 10
13. Brendan Nickerson—D-South Shore 6’02/180 06 01 01 02
14. Jonathan Deschamps—D—Trois Riv 6’01/187 11 01 00 01
15. Liam Hynes—F—Toronto Red Wings 5’10/184 00 00 00 00
16. Alexander Carrier—D—Antoine-Girouard 5’09/000 11 04 05 09
17. Lucas Batt—F—ND Argos 5’11/167 05 06 03 09
18. Joey Ratelle—F—Antoine Girouard 5’08/145 09 07 02 09

Matthew Highmore from the Dartmouth Subways should be on this list, played for Dartmouth as a 14 year old last year and looked good...but he hurt his shoulder last year and missed some good time, and this year he hurt his other shoulder with the same injury and is out for a bit, so right now I dropped him to my 2nd round to see how he handels the injury when he comes back.

Thanks to you scoutman1. You know what your talking. I never did contribute here so now I start today. I did never see the maritime team so I can not talk that. I think that in Québec and Ontario I do not agree with some choice.

I did see each one of the LHMAAAQ teams on two games minimum but not Jonquière just one time. I did see also the CIHA Voyageurs Midget Mineur playing in Ottawa on two games. I did not see the Ulysse team but my chum sees there games.

G - Bouchard
D - Léveillé et Carrier
F - Audette, Pépin et Hébert

The others who are top choice are

G - Billia
D - Deschamps et McSween but maybe Maheux
F - Simard, Greer et Ratelle

I did see Maxime Chevalier play and his not the same as before. He is not a player dominant. He is playing Midget Mineur on a team that is not strong and a ligue that is not strong. He will draft in the 2e ou 3e round maybe. Léveillé is the stronger defenseman that I did see. Carrier is smart and is playing tough than his size. My chum did say that Maheux is 1e round draft. It will be exciting to see him. So that is my choice for what I did see. We agree on some choice. Thank you.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
can anyone comment on Mathieu Ayotte?

I did see Ayotte on 3 games. He is playing small like his size and this is the reason that I do like better Ratelle on the games. He does play good with out the puck. Ayotte does win face off alot. He did hold the puck long. He is good on the pp. I am seeing the two players on the Challenge Reebok then I can know more details. But for my drafting I am taking Ratelle at the moment. The QMJHL does play a game different from the midget. The player who does hold the puck or does make slower decisions does have less sucess. This is my opinion.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
I did watch much hockey LHMAAAQ for the 2 last weeks. I did watch LM vs. Esther-Blondin, the 2 matchs in Levis and the match LSL vs. St-Hyacinthe the last week end. Now I have some small changes.

Here are my new choices:

G - Billia
D - Carrier et McSween
F - Audette, Pépin et Greer

The others who are top choice are

G - Bouchard/Bureau
D - Deschamps et Léveillé but maybe Maheux (I did never see him)
F - Simard, Hébert et Ratelle

The goalie Billia is more solid than I did thought. He is playing large than his size, square and rebounds control. I did not watch Bouchard again.

McSween is mobile and he is playing calme. Good first passe. He does make less of turn overs in his zone. He can play at a physical match. I did watch Léveillé score but he did play at minus 3 on the game.

Greer is the better power forward I did watch for recruits. And plus, he does score. He is a late too. It is the big surprise for me.

I did never watch the Maritimes players to the moment so I can not mesure. My choices are my opinions only and some small information from my chums.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
OMG i remember this Greer kid from about 3 years ago. he was on tv a couples time as he came up with the idea of a charity hockey game for sick children at St-Justine hospital that raised about 20 000$ the first year (as a 11yo wich is remarkable). Pretty cool to see him as a top prospect now in MidgetAAA. Will keep an eye on him

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Scoutman, where would you rank these three kids out of Newfoundland? Would you place them far from Top 20?

Nathan Yetman
Kyle Tibbo
Clark Bishop

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
Now I will be wait for the Challenge Reebok. Some of the time of ice are curious and I can not tell why. I did see Esther-Blondin and the Lions LSL and it is ordinare. When I did see the Esther-Blondin I did see that the rotation was not for the victory but for the show of the players veteran. When I did see the LSL Lions I did see the same things. The 15years did not plays and the 17years did play. I my self question is this a ligue that is for the developement of the player? For what can is the reason that I go to the game that I watch the 17years play and not the 15 years.

I did see 2 16years that are calibre and that is Robinson and Storto. I can tell to you that this is not happy after the game of tonight. What do I to tell to mys superiors? It can to be shocking and that its all.

For the tomorrow I will be to watching the match Jonquiere again le College Esther-Blondin and I wish to be much better from the ligue. C'est ne pas possible!!! I am excused for the french.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Why is it that Quebec can't produce any top tier NHL prospects on a regular basis. To expand on what the poster above me is reiterating, this year looks like just one of those years where it will be a overall mediocre draft class... Year after year the players that come from the Midget AAA league are ordinary to say the least and the special players are always the kids from elsewhere (Sid and Mackinnon). Huberdeau is a great story and it'd be nice to have more players like him. Duclair in my opinion is the best prospect right now concerning the local scene that came from the MAAA league last season, and I don't know if Drouin will show but here's hoping he will have some success. But it's really 'triste' that this province's development system just can't match that of other provinces in the rest of Canada. The players are there, just the infrastructure needs work on i'm guessing. More elite training needs to be given out from a younger age, so this part of the country can keep up with the rest. Just my two cents...

Last edited:

IslandScouter

Nov 22, 2011
Prince Edward Island
I think by the end of the season Gallant will be a 1sy rounder...likely mid-first.

Also I wouldnt call Gallant a playmaker...he is a top end individual talent...he rushes the puck and skates well with it and rarely passes...I dont know if thats because he didnt trust his linemates at the ACC or because he didnt see them...either way he is dynamic offensively...from an individual standpoint.

Gallant and Kielly have to be making there way up the list, Gallant 3rd and Kielly 7th in Scoring for the whole league, on a far at best team. Also McCabe might turn into a great prospect, so much to work with there with his huge frame and his intensity.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Gallant and Kielly have to be making there way up the list, Gallant 3rd and Kielly 7th in Scoring for the whole league, on a far at best team. Also McCabe might turn into a great prospect, so much to work with there with his huge frame and his intensity.

Gallant and Kielly like you see I have both in my 1st round....

Gallant is a high flying skater, amazing speed and acceleration, awsome one on one skills, and exciting puck handling, he is a shoot 1st guy, his passing is average, he also takes the body too...thing about him as good as he is, if you take away his one on one game and he disapears a bit.

Kielly is a smart player, he moves well, at times you notice him but you don't pay much attention, he is smart with the puck, excellent effortlessly moving into open areas, works on the boards, he is always looking for the open man and controling the play from the boards but he has an excellent shot as well, he is a very mature player who knows how to use his body.

the McCabe kid he a big bruising dman, very good physical player, throws his weight, roughs his men up on the boards, very good in his own zone...one thing I find about him is that his passes when a guy is moving are far off there target...McCabe is a 95 born and good physically and in own zone but again good with the puck but passes are sometimes wild and his offensive game is so-so, he will probably be a pick in the rounds 5th to 7th round.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Scoutman, where would you rank these three kids out of Newfoundland? Would you place them far from Top 20?

Nathan Yetman
Kyle Tibbo
Clark Bishop

Bishop i have in my 1st round, fast, great hands, smart, good passer and shooter, has to get stronger though.

Tibbo - I would say this guy will be a 2nd to 3rd rounder, I like him 2nd round, he is very smart, skilled playmaker, but a good shooter too, he is hard working and exciting to watch, he plays solid too.

Yetman probably a 6th to 7th rounder...this year in the Q draft you can draft 96s right up to round 8 now...Yetman is only 5'6, hard worker, not scared of the boards, good in own zone, good player in offensive end but not great, his style game for a guy that size and his skating is good but not explosive he will fall to late but he will get picked imo.

turchi

Sep 14, 2010
Happy to see Mason MacDonald on the list of top players. He is a solid goalie for Halifax in the NSMMHL. I was in Moncton last weekend for the Monctonian and was impressed with the Moody kid from the Valley team. I heard he got hurt mid-way through the tournament. There was a Blanchard kid who looked good from the Valley. What are the reports on this kid? He looked to have pretty good hands around the net.

localfan

Jul 9, 2011
The Halifax team is pretty good already and then add in the two goalies...should be a very good year for that squad. Any other 1996's that look to be up-and-comers in the draft? Kind of hard to standout when your team is already loaded with standout veterans...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

They were already UP on my list anyway... :)

ScouterMan

Aug 23, 2011
Any good D-Man from the maritimes (other then Donaghey and MacIntyre) who might get picked up in rounds 2-4?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad