Speculation: Muzzin Trade means roster move: Marincin Vs Holl Vs Oz

Who gets off the roster?

• Total voters

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I expect Holl to hit the waivers. Oz is the guy coming out and you'd expect he's the first one going back in if needed. So he's probably sticking around. Marincin has been put ahead of Holl on the depth chart so I don't see him going down.

Holl seems the logical choice. They aren't going to play him and I don't think there's a huge chance someone is going to go for him on the waiver wire anyways.

Reactions: DarkKnight

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I expect Holl to hit the waivers. Oz is the guy coming out and you'd expect he's the first one going back in if needed. So he's probably sticking around. Marincin has been put ahead of Holl on the depth chart so I don't see him going down.

Holl seems the logical choice. They aren't going to play him and I don't think there's a huge chance someone is going to go for him on the waiver wire anyways.

The Oilers will grab him off waivers. They're desperate for D and he's a right handed shot.

Hesus

Jan 9, 2014
Hopefully Marincin is traded/demoted, but probably it is Oz that goes to AHL

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I doubt they make a move that could cost them a player. Not until they have to.
My best guess is they could do a conditioning stint for Holl or simply send Oz down. Long term, I think Oz to the Marlies makes the most sense. Let him play down there. Eating popcorn at the NHL level doesn't seem like a good idea.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I doubt they make a move that could cost them a player. Not until they have to.
My best guess is they could do a conditioning stint for Holl or simply send Oz down. Long term, I think Oz to the Marlies makes the most sense. Let him play down there. Eating popcorn at the NHL level doesn't seem like a good idea.

Oz is 26. Hes not a kid.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Sometimes the guy who goes down is not on merit, Dubas seems to like to protect young assets, IMO he sends Oz down, only because he can go through waivers.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Or.....keep him and lose a worse player?
No. Send him to the Marlies to improve his game.
If he decides he wants to head back, fine. It's not a big loss. He may have room to improve so why not take the chance?

Right now, he's a fringe NHL'er. Like the other 2 guys.
There may not be room for him next season anyway.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
John Tavares isnt being sent to the Marlies. And hes not Russian.

Oz came to play in the NHL, sending him to the Marlies probably ensures he goes back to Russia.

Id rather lose Marty or Holl to waivers then Oz to Russia

Oz can go back to Russia but he cant play, he is under a NHL contract.

thegurujc

Jan 30, 2019
rielly-muzzin
gardiner-zaitsev
dermott-hainsey/OZ

injuries happen keep the best player on hand. gards has the flu, im sure other players down the stretch will have bugs and flues and minor injuries, OZ will get looks, heck hainsey might get rested for the playoffs even lol.
Hainsey wont spend any time in the press box under Babs. he doesn't need resting for the playoffs necessarily he just needs to start playing less minutes down the stretch, which will happen now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad