Speculation: Muzzin Trade means roster move: Marincin Vs Holl Vs Oz

Who gets off the roster?

• Total voters

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009
Oz and Marincin go down, Oz should play and not be sitting, Holl stays.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Good as it might be to have the depth around, I can't imagine they'd want to go with a rotation. As such, send Ozhiganov to the Marlies and expand his role with PK responsibilities that'll prove useful moving forward. He'll need a new contract, but as a RHD, I think there'd still be a spot for him in the top six next season. Everyone is retained for now. Holl provides depth and cost certainty for next season. Tough to say if Marincin is again re-signed.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
What people aren't recognizing is that OZ has a European out clause. Which means if he is sent to the minors at any point, he can pick up and leave. While the team can essentially assure him that he will get another look next yeat Hainsey and Gardiner leaving (or if there is an injury this year,since they can go over a 23-man roster after the TDL), there is still risk of losing him.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They're currently at 23 with Muzzin on the roster, no move has to be made. However Moore is still in the minors so if Johnsson is unable to play next game he would need to be called up. But Johnsson can then go on IR and be eligible to come off whenever he's healthy so that;'s what they'll likely do.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
What people aren't recognizing is that OZ has a European out clause. Which means if he is sent to the minors at any point, he can pick up and leave. While the team can essentially assure him that he will get another look next yeat Hainsey and Gardiner leaving (or if there is an injury this year,since they can go over a 23-man roster after the TDL), there is still risk of losing him.
Doesn't seem like that big of a loss if he opts out tbh.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
seems logical that OZ gets sent down. that way the leafs don't lose a player for potentially nothing.

dubas isn't gonna OZ because that would signal that he made a mistake and he probably isn't man enough to admit it.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Marancin and Holl - as I'd clear a spot for Rosen too.

Leafs have one month to see if they could find someone to replace Gardiner/Zaitsev, so they can take advantage of the TDD. No way they can afford to keep both of them, may as well see if you can scoop up some much needed assets.

Maybe Gardiner to LA for Grundstrom and Durzi?

Reactions: Dog

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I still think Gardiner gets traded at the deadline.

We could end up with a 1st rounder even better than the one we just gave the Kings, and no one would accuse Dubas of giving up the season having gotten Muzzin....

Stay tuned.....

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
rielly-muzzin
gardiner-zaitsev
dermott-hainsey/OZ

injuries happen keep the best player on hand. gards has the flu, im sure other players down the stretch will have bugs and flues and minor injuries, OZ will get looks, heck hainsey might get rested for the playoffs even lol.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Holl is a 9D now, why would you possibly keep him. Rosen is better as well, then the two kids, he's done up here. He would clear waivers too I suspect.

Oz as a 7. Perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->