• Total voters

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
I foresee:

Rielly Muzzin
Gardiner Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev
Oz (kept on roster or possibly AHL bound)

Marincin and/or Holl will be waived or traded.

I also believe Zaitsev will be traded ASAP.

I don't see Gardiner being moved prior to the deadline unless he is sufficiently replaced.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Asset management suggests Oz down is most likely.

Moving Holl for a pick makes easy sense too.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Holl is signed at league minimum for next year. And he shoots right. That is why it likely is not him. Leafs need quite a few league minimum CAP hits next year especially #7 dman.

OZ is most likely to go down because he needs to keep playing in case of injury on Leafs and he can move freely between Leafs and Marlies.

Marincin is Babs fav but he is not signed for next year and he is more than league minimum this year. He will go on waivers before Holl.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I just don't know why you'd sign an AHL all-star RHD, and then have him sit in the pressbox all year. Yes he's older, yes he's a "journeyman" but he can't get in a few games over Oz, or Marincin, or Hainsey even? What was the point?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I just don't know why you'd sign an AHL all-star RHD, and then have him sit in the pressbox all year. Yes he's older, yes he's a "journeyman" but he can't get in a few games over Oz, or Marincin, or Hainsey even? What was the point?

And what happens if they need him at some point? He comes in cold af. Makes no sense, as you said, helps no one

Reactions: SAMCRO44

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Not really a fan of Oz after seeing him play 1/2 season - know Babs wants him to be a major PK guy but he's the odd man out with Muzzin coming in; Hainsey can save his body and old legs for the PK full time instead of having to keep up with Morgan on the top pairing.

IMO, Marincin should have been rocketed into space a long time ago.

NauticalHonoredBeaver-size_restricted.gif

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
8 defensemen were too many to begin with. There's zero point of carrying 9 defensemen. Holl should be allowed to play somewhere whether with the Marlies or another organization.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Wouldn't Ozhiganov have a "get out" clause if we tried sending him down to the minors? I'd imagine he'd be on the next bird out of town back to Russia if we did that to him for any length of time

Just waive Holl, Babcock doesn't even use him

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
hainsey and dermott a third pairing. gotta be one of the best in the league. terrific pairing. Hainsey still has a lot of game. Now he can get rested and play great in the playoffs.

Such a good trade by BADASS DEWBASS.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Oz would have his salary drop a lot if he's sent to the minors. I think he'd rather sit than go to the AHL. I'd waive Holl. Doubt anyone claims him.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Oz to the Marlies, he's waivers exempt and he can be recalled if an injury happens and they needsomeone for the top-6 keeping Marincin and Holl in the press box. Holl is likely moved in a deadline trade for a roster player. Marincin is kept for additional depth, but rarely plays like now.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
We have a good d now. Very nice by doobie. MUZZIN is a huge add. Crazy huge. Surprised this is not getting more fanfare.

A Dman who can skate, shoot, puckhandle and splatter the odd guy into the panels. Bigtime add.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Him and Riels, should wreck some havoc. Hainsey, will be sheltered and star. Such a good trade. so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->