Confirmed with Link: Muzzin to Toronto for 2019 1st, Grundstrom, and rights to Durzi

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Our right side is ridiculous. Doughty-Walker-Roy-Durzi-Clarke-Faber-Grans-Spence-Strand.

iu

Right versus left.

Bjornfot, Anderson, Moverare, Nousiainen, Kirsanov, Meehan, Doyle, and Phillips. We've got a top pairing LHD problem.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
iu

Right versus left.

Bjornfot, Anderson, Moverare, Nousiainen, Kirsanov, Meehan, Doyle, and Phillips. We've got a top pairing LHD problem.
Björnfot has an absolute ceiling of being a top pair guy as has Kirsanov but neither is a lock. Both though are certainly decent #3 guys. Clarke makes the offensive need on the left less of a problem, so I’m actually out too worried. It’s more about how well Björnfot develops and when Kirsanov is available and ready to step up. Don’t get me wrong an NHL proven LHD would be great and would certainly move the needle immediately and I’d be happy to move players to get one. I just no longer fret over it with watching Clarke.

Reactions: Telos

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I think Roy/Walker are moved for a package for a forward this summer. Which will depend on how good a forward.

Reactions: Mcsorley47

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
You guys should go for the cup right about now.

Määttä back, what's the next step? Byfield? Brown? Atha? Walker? The right winger rental?

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Durzi gives me Jared Spurgeon vibes. Committed, hardworker, some sandpaper and skills are all there. Only 23 but he looks like a nice 30-40 pt future D man if he keeps this up playing some top minutes and PP

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I wouldn't trade Durzi, Bjornfot and Grundstrom for Muzzin today. I feel like Muzzins' best years were with the Kings, during the cup runs. Now he's injury prone, lacks the offense he once had and is aging pretty quick. He'll be done by the time we are contenders.

But then there are folks who would give up 3 firsts and their first born for Chychrun who may never be as good as Muzzin. I think we need to tone down the expected offers for him.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
LOL, the deal so far looks to not only be Blake's best, but also hard to top. Bjornfot still has ##2 potential and is already good enough to be a solid 3-4, Grundstrom, while he may not be a permanent addition, is playing decent for a bottom 6 forward with 17 goals, 30 points, in 104 games, and Durzi looks to be a potential 40 point 3-4 Martinez replacement. It is definitely looking like the Kings are making out like bandits at the moment.

Of course, the trade is still up in the air for Toronto and I doubt their fanbase cares too much right now as they are more in the hunt than the Kings and are in win-now mode. Obviously, if they win a Stanley Cup here with Muzzin on the team it is like the Kings with Schenn and Simmonds, amazing names but who the hell cares at that point... Clearly, they will need to stop choking to accomplish this, but Muzzin has arguably upgraded their blueline and done his job quite well while even under the scrutiny of Toronto. Our boy has put up 16 goals, 61 points in 171 games while being a +42. He'd be a be a big reason if they did win anything and to be honest the gamble on him was fair and it wouldn't be on Muzzin if Toronto fails to perform during their window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad